ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Board Thread (Bol Bol?)

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

XXBKXX
Senior
And1: 253

Draft Board Thread (Bol Bol?)  

Post#1 » by XXBKXX » Thu Apr 4, 2019 6:24 pm

With 5 games left Lakers are tied with Minny for the 10th seed which i believe means we split the odds if that's how the season ends:

* 2.5% chance for Zion
* 11.7% chance for Top 4

With that said, if we stay at the 10th or 11th pick, AND we decide NOT to trade it away in a package deal.. Would you guys be interested in giving Bol Bol a hard look here?

The obvious concern is his frail weight and possible injuries? He only played in 9 games this year until being sidelined for a foot injury.

However, he absolutely dominated in those 9 games. 21 pts 10 rebs, 2.7 blks. 57% field and 52% from 3. Its a shame he got hurt, I believe he could have been a top 3 pick. Though this could be a benefit for the Lakers... High Risk/ High Reward....

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Draft Board Thread (Bol Bol?) 

Post#2 » by Slava » Thu Apr 4, 2019 8:27 pm

I can't see a scenario where we don't trade that pick with LeBron on the roster.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#3 » by Kilroy » Thu Apr 4, 2019 10:36 pm

Slava wrote:I can't see a scenario where we don't trade that pick with LeBron on the roster.

Only way we wouldn't trade the pick IMO is if we got the first pick in the draft and could get Zion, and have LeBron mentor him...
But even then, trading him for Davis would be awful tempting because it would likely mean we could keep another asset or 2.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
magicbesteva
Junior
And1: 53

Post#4 » by magicbesteva » Thu Apr 4, 2019 10:43 pm

With the 10th pick ya Bol Bol’s the guy I would take. He has way too much skill n potential to pass up. Another guy I would try getting is Kevin Porter Jr. I know his stock is not higher because of how inconsistent he was but man when you watch him his game jumps out at you. Very smooth athletic player who has a nice looking shot. Could be something special there.

...I just hope they don’t package the pick with some of our players for a player like Beal
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#5 » by Landsberger » Fri Apr 5, 2019 4:31 am

Why do we continue to think about Davis? It would take all of the assets and he's missed a ton of games for a younger player. He always seems dinged up. On top of that I'm not sure he's not Dwight 2.0

I agree we will trade the pick unless it's the top pick. Not sure we get much further with another one and done rookie but the FO gets a marketable guy for sure which is what this all seems to be about.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,164

Post#6 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 5, 2019 7:29 am

XXBKXX wrote:
* 2.5% chance for Zion

It goes higher if we trade Lebron <> ooops shots fired
Bring back Defense
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,164

Post#7 » by SlimShady83 » Fri Apr 5, 2019 7:29 am

Slava wrote:I can't see a scenario where we don't trade that pick with LeBron on the roster.

Trade Lebron - that's one :). Just an idea :)
Bring back Defense
-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#8 » by -Spyda- » Fri Apr 5, 2019 11:50 am

Trade Lebron for Zion
XXBKXX
Senior
And1: 253

Post#9 » by XXBKXX » Fri Apr 5, 2019 5:38 pm

The premise is if we decide to keep our pick at the 10th spot... Thoughts on Bol Bol? Would you guys pick him (in spite of injuries) or look at a Romeo Langford type player? I'd roll roll with Bol Bol and cross my fingers.

He has too much skill for that height.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#10 » by TKainZero » Fri Apr 5, 2019 7:01 pm

Landsberger wrote:Why do we continue to think about Davis? It would take all of the assets and he's missed a ton of games for a younger player. He always seems dinged up. On top of that I'm not sure he's not Dwight 2.0

I agree we will trade the pick unless it's the top pick. Not sure we get much further with another one and done rookie but the FO gets a marketable guy for sure which is what this all seems to be about.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees that AD might be becoming Dwight Howard 2.0
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#11 » by Landsberger » Fri Apr 5, 2019 10:31 pm

TKainZero wrote:
Landsberger wrote:Why do we continue to think about Davis? It would take all of the assets and he's missed a ton of games for a younger player. He always seems dinged up. On top of that I'm not sure he's not Dwight 2.0

I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees that AD might be becoming Dwight Howard 2.0

He's a very good player but his stats impact on his teams has been far less than you would expect for a team alpha. The idea that we'd trade all of our young guys for him seemed crazy.... then we found out we actually tried to do that.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#12 » by Danny Darko » Sat Apr 6, 2019 8:16 am

It will be interesting to see if Bol has a late surge in draft popularity considering how things change in the final month pre-draft.

right now:
nbc- Romeo Langford SG
nba draft.net- Cam Reddish
Tankathon- Romeo Langford
Fansided- Jaxon Hayes

Bol Bol mostly listed as 3-6 spots lower than us right now, but i would guess that is smoke and mirrors.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#13 » by Lakernut4ever » Tue Apr 9, 2019 12:53 pm

https://youtu.be/Lgaz4GPOago How about this guy?
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#14 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:52 am

Lakernut4ever wrote:https://youtu.be/Lgaz4GPOago How about this guy?

Yeah i'd say realistically, it should be between him and Bol for our pick. In saying that though, he does play in the same position as Kuzma though and we don't have any decent centre long term.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#15 » by Lakernut4ever » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:34 am

Spens1 wrote:

Yeah i'd say realistically, it should be between him and Bol for our pick. In saying that though, he does play in the same position as Kuzma though and we don't have any decent centre long term.

He has been compared to young Giannis. You draft with the best talent available then worry about the fit later. Look at what the embiid pick became for the sixers. They chose him despite the glut of centers available to them. I hear the Spurs would love to draft him if he falls to them.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#16 » by Spens1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:17 am

Lakernut4ever wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

He has been compared to young Giannis. You draft with the best talent available then worry about the fit later. Look at what the embiid pick became for the sixers. They chose him despite the glut of centers available to them. I hear the Spurs would love to draft him if he falls to them.

That is true, you pick up who you think is best, though Bol Bol has been considered like Porzingis without the injury history.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,388

Post#17 » by Danny Darko » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:34 am

Read on Twitter
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#18 » by Penberthy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Get Bob Meyers
Get the #4 pick and RJ.
Trade Lebron for Zion
Sign Durant Rondo ZU

Lonzo (30) Rondo (18) Bonga
RJ (24) Hart (24)
Ingram (32) Kuzma (16)
Durant (32) Kuzma (16)
Zu (24) Zion (24) Wagner

Durant does what Lebron couldnt
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#19 » by gts1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
Read on Twitter

So it looks like it's safe to assume we'll be drafting at the 11 spot unless some deal is made with the pick
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#20 » by scoobs07 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Well, Bol does fit the description of a player that could stretch the floor, which we need. However, he is a bit of a project and may not fit the time line which we need for Lebron.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers