Who Should we trade?
Who should we target

Who on our roster actually has value?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,487

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#2 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:06 am

Anderson Silva wrote:Who on our roster actually has value?

Russ, PG and Ferguson have trade value. None of them will be traded. Adams has value to the right team, but he won't be traded. Diallo might have a little trade value, but I'll be upset if he gets traded for the type of return I think he'd get.

I almost forgot Burton/Zion. I guess they could trade him for a pick in the 3-5 range. Then they could get Darius Garland.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Anderson Silva
Ballboy
And1: 20

Post#3 » by Anderson Silva » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:32 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Anderson Silva wrote:Who on our roster actually has value?

Russ, PG and Ferguson have trade value. None of them will be traded. Adams has value to the right team, but he won't be traded. Diallo might have a little trade value, but I'll be upset if he gets traded for the type of return I think he'd get.

I almost forgot Burton/Zion. I guess they could trade him for a pick in the 3-5 range. Then they could get Darius Garland.

I lol'd

What about Grant - I would think he has some of the most value
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:58 am

Anderson Silva wrote:What about Grant - I would think he has some of the most value

He might have some, but not enough to change anything. If you believe in what he is doing this season how do you get better trading a 35%+ 3pt shooting stretch 4 that can play small ball 5? If you believe that he will return to being a 30% 3pt shooter then I would say he has positive value, because some team might pay based on what he has done this season.

Keep in mind the NBA is more about trading contracts than players. So if you are moving Grant you are doing it for a $10M player not a $20M player. If you have to attach a contract, i.e. Roberson, to the deal it diminishes the value of Grant. The thing with a guy like PG is you can absorb bad contracts while trading him for picks and prospects thus increasing the return. That isn't advocating for trading PG just saying that contracts drastically effect value. A guy like Grant tends to have their most value at the deadline not during the off-season.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#5 » by Dn4sty » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:06 am

Everything is dependent on whether OKC ownership is still willing to pay a massive tax bill. IF they are, you can add to this roster. I know many people will say they won’t pay the bill, but I’m not 100% convinced they won’t pay it (while doing some small tax savings moves).

You can get out of 2Pat contract and save money.

I think the biggest question is Adams and his fit. I think a team that has a BUNCH of knockdown shooters would thrive with Adams getting offensive rebounds (think San Antonio)
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:33 am

Dn4sty wrote:Everything is dependent on whether OKC ownership is still willing to pay a massive tax bill. IF they are, you can add to this roster.

Let us assume that ownership is willing to continue to push this deep in the repeater tax. What can they do to add to the roster? We'll assume that Patterson opts in and Noel opts out. They have the $10M TPE that expires 7/25 and they have the taxpayer MLE, $5.5M. How do you use what few assets they have to add to the roster? They were unwilling or unable to use the TPE at the deadline so I'm not sure they'll use it in the off-season, but even if they were willing to take on the $70M or so in payroll to use it who are they using it on and what are they sending out to acquire them?
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#7 » by Dn4sty » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:19 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:Everything is dependent on whether OKC ownership is still willing to pay a massive tax bill. IF they are, you can add to this roster.

Let us assume that ownership is willing to continue to push this deep in the repeater tax. What can they do to add to the roster? We'll assume that Patterson opts in and Noel opts out. They have the $10M TPE that expires 7/25 and they have the taxpayer MLE, $5.5M. How do you use what few assets they have to add to the roster? They were unwilling or unable to use the TPE at the deadline so I'm not sure they'll use it in the off-season, but even if they were willing to take on the $70M or so in payroll to use it who are they using it on and what are they sending out to acquire them?

Adams for a similar money on one or more players that runs for more seasons than Adams has left on his deal while picking up assets.

Combing Schroder and Roberson to take back a longer term contract(s) while getting assets.

You could do some combination of the above and still get out of 2Pat money.

Basically if you could retool with better shooting parts while saving some tax dollars (even if it’s not out of the tax completely) doesn’t seem craZy IMO.

Payin
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:49 am

Dn4sty wrote:Adams for a similar money on one or more players that runs for more seasons than Adams has left on his deal while picking up assets.

Combing Schroder and Roberson to take back a longer term contract(s) while getting assets.

You could do some combination of the above and still get out of 2Pat money.

What player(s) for Adams? I don't see a team that would want him enough to give up assets. A worse contract, sure, but not including assets unless they think he is the center that gets them a deep playoff run.

You would have to give assets to dump Schroder and Roberson. No one wants Schroder or Atlanta wouldn't have paid Melo just to get rid of Schroder. Roberson will be considered dead money to any GM until he gets on the court and proves he can play he's not an asset to trade he is a contract you have to attach assets to so another team will take it.

OKC has to give up something of quality that other teams want/need to get assets back. The only thing they have to trade that would get them quality assets is PG and I don't see that happening unless ownership tells Presti to get under the tax. If Presti gets told he has to get under the tax line or he'll get replaced then PG is the first thing traded and a rebuild will start. The Russ show will miss the playoffs next year and there will be a lot of questions about why they wasted three years on a treadmill instead of rebuilding when kd left.
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#9 » by JustOneFix » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:45 pm

If they stick with Russ, George and Adams, in that case shooters, shooters and shooters. F*** defense. 3 pt shot is the Holy Grail of this league. So, no more Nader's, Ferguson's, Morris's, Schroder's. We need Mirotic's, Korver's and Bogdanovic's of the world.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#10 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:50 pm

First we need to look at the FA class because the amount of free agents this summer is absurd, so I believe most ''ok'' players won't get as much money as other years (It's time for Presti to sign some relatively good players on ''cheap'' contracts)

My pipe dream is still Jrue or Beal but Ferguson value went down and no one would want to take Schroeder's contract.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#11 » by Dn4sty » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 am

The trade board has

Adams

For

Dieng, Saric, Minnesota 2019 1st

It seems to be pretty well received by everyone over there.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:57 am

That would be very nice. The problem is I don't see Minny going twin towers. If they were going to experiment with that they would be starting Dieng with KAT right now.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#13 » by Dn4sty » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:35 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:That would be very nice. The problem is I don't see Minny going twin towers. If they were going to experiment with that they would be starting Dieng with KAT right now.

For all of Adams shortcomings, he is much better than Dieng. KAT and Adams is FAR better than KAT and Dieng

Having a pick around 10 and around 20 would be super nice considering the lack of first round picks going forward.

Also if you can send enough cash and a 2nd out to get rid of 2Pat (he’d be replaced by Saric in this scenario), I’d also take a strong look at absorbing Ntikiiina into the Melo TPE.

A team that looked like this wouldn’t be terrible at all

Russ / Schroder
Ferg / Ntilikina / Diallo
George / Roberson
Grant / Saric
Dieng
Pick 10
Pick 20

I’d obviously shoot to re-sign Noel even though I’m not sure it’s possible.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#14 » by NetsWorld » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:38 pm

We have performed poorly after the All star break and fell from a 3rd to 8th seed, now we stand at the 6 spot. The outcome of the playoffs will probably determine whether or not the roster stays. If there are good draft prospects who have star potential, you cannot just ignore it and pretend this roster will work forever.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#15 » by Dn4sty » Sun Apr 7, 2019 2:39 am

I wonder how attached to Dillon Brooks Memphis is?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#16 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 7, 2019 2:45 am

Dn4sty wrote:I wonder how attached to Dillon Brooks Memphis is?

More attached than to Marshawn
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#17 » by Dn4sty » Sun Apr 7, 2019 3:17 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Presti reclamation project?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Apr 7, 2019 3:24 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

A 2nd year play that was draft #4 overall and is showing growth in his primary weakness, 3pt shooting, and you think Phoenix will trade him for what? I don't think OKC has anything that would interest Phoenix. The exception would be if OKC goes rebuild and offers PG for Jackson, maybe some other young players not named Booker and Ayton and picks.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#19 » by Dn4sty » Sun Apr 7, 2019 4:51 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

A 2nd year play that was draft #4 overall and is showing growth in his primary weakness, 3pt shooting, and you think Phoenix will trade him for what? I don't think OKC has anything that would interest Phoenix. The exception would be if OKC goes rebuild and offers PG for Jackson, maybe some other young players not named Booker and Ayton and picks.

PG gets you into the Zion conversation without question. Not a second year guy who’s had 20ish games of good shooting.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#20 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 7, 2019 5:33 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Um...lol.

It's Josh Jackson. He still sucks, he sucked when he did this last spring too. He's not worth more than a 2nd.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder