Bare knuckle boxing thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Bare knuckle boxing thread 

Post#1 » by Headliner » Tue Apr 2, 2019 10:40 pm

Thought I’d make a thread for when rare interesting fight occurs.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Bare knuckle boxing thread 

Post#2 » by Headliner » Tue Apr 2, 2019 10:41 pm

Artem vs Paulie is really interesting to me. I find Paulie annoying as hell so I’d love to see Artem KO him.
I actually think that fight is going to draw a lot of eyes for that event, very smart move
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#3 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 3, 2019 2:10 pm

So are there multiple promotions for bare knuckle now? My understanding is that fighters are starting to sue because they aren't being paid. I can't imagine other fighters are dumb enough to still fight for them unless the money is in escrow or else unless there is more than one promotion.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#4 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 3, 2019 9:44 pm

There was one promo in particular. But the other one was is making dudes rich and holding their end.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#5 » by AirCanadaMouse » Thu Apr 4, 2019 12:44 am

These guys are getting paid 2k for show and 2k for win, hardly making anyone rich. I actually hate seeing guys like Leben fight, he has no business doing any sort of combat given the state of his brain. Chris Lytle had a great end to his career in MMA, now it just makes me sad to see him back, people rarely leave after a win. And why is a Rumble an ambassador for anything? He's a huge douche.
Thank you Clutch0z24
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Headliner » Thu Apr 4, 2019 12:47 am

REDDzone wrote:So are there multiple promotions for bare knuckle now? My understanding is that fighters are starting to sue because they aren't being paid. I can't imagine other fighters are dumb enough to still fight for them unless the money is in escrow or else unless there is more than one promotion.

Ya there’s two.
The first one is the one with the shady **** going on. It had Leban and Baroni etc
I believe the new one is the one with Rumble as the face.
They both have similar names, i’d need to look them up
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#7 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 4, 2019 12:51 am

WBKFF ripped all those fighters off, despite big promises ($250K each to Ward and Hendricks). Bare Knuckle FC, though, how are they?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#8 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 4, 2019 1:13 pm

IIRC the one Bas runs is the one getting sued and not paying fighters.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Headliner » Sun Apr 7, 2019 9:20 am

Artem vs day happened last night...it was actually pretty good.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#10 » by spykelee » Sun Apr 7, 2019 3:34 pm

Sounded like it headliner. Both guys throwing bombs and dropping each other. Suppose to be Paulie and lobov now eh? I'm curious to watch that for sure

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#11 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Apr 7, 2019 3:39 pm

This is really hard to watch. The fighting is awesome, but I am having to avert my eyes at times. And their faces. Uyyy. Why not just box in MMA gloves, save the superficial injuries? Knight's face is so effed up to begin with, this is gross.

But God damn is he tough. Did not acknowledge a single shot. The guy is an animal.

An all-time great fight, truly.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#12 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Apr 7, 2019 3:46 pm

This is an easy win for Paulie, I'm afraid. Serious money to be made betting it. Artem's face is wide open for jabs and he just follows his opponent around.

Plus, if you throw a jab from your hips, as Paulie does, it's going to be minimally damaging to your hand. You hit jaw not forehead, you flick the head back, you don't push into it. You don't have to bear the impact, you flick the guy's head back and the whiplash hurts him. Paulie might even finish him. It will be a clinic of timing and lateral movement.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#13 » by spykelee » Sun Apr 7, 2019 3:48 pm

I saw lebens knockout and it was pretty vicious too. Bloodsports man. We want to turn away but we love the carnage too

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#14 » by REDDzone » Sun Apr 7, 2019 8:36 pm

LOL @ amateur scummy promoter trying to pull a fighters paycheck because there wasn't enough action for his liking "here you fight or you don't get paid!".

Is it possible to be a fight promoter without being a f*cking scumbag?
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Headliner » Sun Apr 7, 2019 11:13 pm

The Artem fight was pretty wild, but I don’t think I could watch a lot of this. It’s savage. The damage to their faces is gruesome, it’s not just swelling it’s hamburger.
I’ll watch Artem vs Paulie, but I think Artem is too tough for his own good and will be finessed to bloody pulp
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#16 » by High 5 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 8:15 am

I just watched the highlights. Yeah...not for me. Those small MMA gloves apparently make a massive difference in my viewing experience. That was just gross.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Headliner » Mon Apr 8, 2019 11:29 am

Agreed. Even if they went slightly smaller than UFC gloves it would be better. Something to mitigate lacerations etc. The point is for more KO volume I get it, but these guys are professionally trained fighters and too tough for their own good, what ends up is heavy damage, and hamburger face. These guys are going to be disfigured.

It also makes me appreciate how much I enjoy grappling. The Just bleeders will love this sport, but I really enjoy the anticipation of a takedown, and the skill on the ground. It separates some of the intelligence of the sport from the sheer toughness.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Headliner » Mon Apr 8, 2019 11:31 am

Also, I'd be much more interested if it were mma gloved kick boxing. That too me is missing market. It's the stand up battles for the just bleeders, and less gruesome and more skill for a wider set of fans.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#19 » by Bernman » Mon Apr 8, 2019 10:04 pm

I'm just commenting from highlights and theory, as well as not being a boxing guy. But it seems to me to be a glorified, moderately higher-level tough man contest.

These aren't elite boxers skill-wise to begin with. They're being hoisted off having a decent name in MMA. Do these guys even have a boxing background?

Then the absence of mma gloves even not only increases superficial facial injury but also the chances of serious hand problems as well. Fights are going to get real sloppy from those factors and the lack of skill development.

In addition it appears that's what the promoter is encouraging. It was exploitative to begin with, luring fighters well into their cte progression, but now they're threatening not to pay when that's the sole reason for participating.

MMA is more than enough to vicariously satisfy my warrior gene.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,480

Post#20 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Apr 8, 2019 10:26 pm

I will be shocked if Paulie doesn't just walk through everyone in this thing. That was just a good old bar bruising event. You can probably count on your two hands the amount of straight punches that were thrown. The majority of the time was just two dudes winging punches. You also got 2 tough as nails guys to go up against each other, it was the perfect matchup for entertaining purposes by the organization because they knew both guys just don't give an F.

But the perceived lack of skill (tell me how that fight looked any different than Kimbo's backyard fights from back in the day) and the gore and complete distortion of the fighter's faces is more than enough for me to skip. I know I probably sound like the old boxing fans that used to say the same about MMA back in the day. But just not for me. I mean I saw a video of Artem after the fight and if you just showed me a picture of him and nothing else, I don't think I could've guessed that was Artem even if I was given 100 chances.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts