You NOLA fans don't need to worry about the future

Moderator: bwgood77

oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

You NOLA fans don't need to worry about the future 

Post#1 » by oligo » Sun Mar 3, 2019 8:43 pm

For me, as an NBA fan, I have to say this AD-less NOLA team has some potential.

You have a great triangle core to build around: Holiday, Randle, and Okafor. Your task now is just to make sure they stay together. We're all aware of Randle's connections with Dallas and that's the case where your FO should step in. After the trade, you will get a set of superstar/star/role players and on the top of that, a lot of players of your current roster will be out of the books in summer.

I see dawg mentality and clutch genes written all over that team. You saw that yesterday at Denver: your guys were in a tough position after trailing early in the game and then they just shut down the Nuggets in a big way. Randle was bullyin', Okafor was huslin' and Jrue was cookin'. Nuggets coach was losing his mind, techs were flying around... Amazing game.

And btw, don't forget that W you earned in Houston in January. Nobody saw that coming and it was nice to see 2nd stringers filling the hole in the paint.

I wish you good luck in the future.
#FireVlade
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,123

Re: You NOLA fans don't need to worry about the future 

Post#2 » by GopherIt! » Mon Mar 4, 2019 1:44 am

thank you for the kind words. most of us are in it for the long haul. since the news, we really only lost one poster. guy started OPing game threads on the heat forum. :noway:
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#3 » by pelifan » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:26 am

oligo wrote:For me, as an NBA fan, I have to say this AD-less NOLA team has some potential.

You have a great triangle core to build around: Holiday, Randle, and Okafor. Your task now is just to make sure they stay together. We're all aware of Randle's connections with Dallas and that's the case where your FO should step in. After the trade, you will get a set of superstar/star/role players and on the top of that, a lot of players of your current roster will be out of the books in summer.

I see dawg mentality and clutch genes written all over that team. You saw that yesterday at Denver: your guys were in a tough position after trailing early in the game and then they just shut down the Nuggets in a big way. Randle was bullyin', Okafor was huslin' and Jrue was cookin'. Nuggets coach was losing his mind, techs were flying around... Amazing game.

And btw, don't forget that W you earned in Houston in January. Nobody saw that coming and it was nice to see 2nd stringers filling the hole in the paint.

I love you Nola fans, I wish you good luck in the future.

I kind of want the tear down, but I appreciate the words of optimism
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#4 » by Alonzo_Morning » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm

What's the Julius and Dallas link?
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#5 » by Zion Wembanyama » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:38 am

As long as we keep Frank Jackson and Cheick Diallo. And now Elfrid Payton is growing on me. But I also liked him in ORL.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#6 » by wco81 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Well Ingram has an uncertain future with his condition. You’d think though that both Lakers an Celtics would be more desperate to make deals given the season hasn’t met expectations in the case of the Lakers and also maybe a big disappointment for the Celtics depending on how they do in the playoffs.

Interesting that Gayle Benson says she will never sell or move the Pels, considering that they’re around the bottom in attendance.

Is their payroll low that low attendance doesn’t hurt the finances? Or is she willing to cover any losses with profits from the Saints?

At some point, with or without AD, Pels are going to have to go into the luxury tax to build a perennial top 4 seed and contender. Maybe just to make the playoffs every year in the West. Then Gayles commitment to the Pels would be tested.
PELICANSFAN
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#7 » by PELICANSFAN » Mon Apr 8, 2019 7:55 pm

wco81 wrote:Well Ingram has an uncertain future with his condition. You’d think though that both Lakers an Celtics would be more desperate to make deals given the season hasn’t met expectations in the case of the Lakers and also maybe a big disappointment for the Celtics depending on how they do in the playoffs.

Interesting that Gayle Benson says she will never sell or move the Pels, considering that they’re around the bottom in attendance.

Is their payroll low that low attendance doesn’t hurt the finances? Or is she willing to cover any losses with profits from the Saints?

At some point, with or without AD, Pels are going to have to go into the luxury tax to build a perennial top 4 seed and contender. Maybe just to make the playoffs every year in the West. Then Gayles commitment to the Pels would be tested.

Will not be tested. She is local and will not be moving or selling the team. Teams make enough off of TV contracts such that a few years of down attendance do not make or break a team.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#8 » by woosah » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:55 am

now AD wants to say he may be in NOLA next season

Brow bye!
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#9 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:06 am

That shirt he wore to the last game was kind of an FU.

He may have soured on the Lakers after the circus it’s become out there
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:24 am

The relationship between AD and NOLA has soured beyond the point of repair. Learn from the D12 saga. Sometimes the grass ain't greener on the other side sometimes.

At the same token, NOLA has some blame in this as well as they did not put the best talent around AD23 when they should have. I can't said regardless the scenario may or may not have prevented the season for turning out the way it did for NOLA.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans