ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk*

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Re: Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk* 

Post#61 » by 3D Chess » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:19 pm

While that is undeniably a badass way to quit, it was also unbelievably weak not to tell your 'sister' and boss before blurting it out in an impromptu presser.

I do wonder what will inevitably come out from the LeBron camp about this - and you know Magic is the kind of guy with the clout to fire back at anything leaked from Klutch and co.

Also, this probably makes the Lakers better, unless they hire Kurt Rambis to fill the role.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#62 » by Dannyboy36 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:26 pm

3D Chess wrote:While that is undeniably a badass way to quit, it was also unbelievably weak not to tell your 'sister' and boss before blurting it out in an impromptu presser.

I do wonder what will inevitably come out from the LeBron camp about this - and you know Magic is the kind of guy with the clout to fire back at anything leaked from Klutch and co.

Also, this probably makes the Lakers better, unless they hire Kurt Rambis to fill the role.

Who is saying it’s a badass way to quit? I’d say it’s the opposite. Do you mean as a way of sticking it to your employer in another situation? It’s such a chicken move. It’s unbelievable how unprofessional he was. Awful, and I’m loving every minute of it. He talked for 45 minutes. The guy is a riot.THIS is the Laker way. This is the difference between the Celts and Laker franchises.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#63 » by Dannyboy36 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:29 pm

I was just curious ‘cuz for some reason I’m repeatedly surprised when Magic is praised when it really should be the opposite. How many times do we have to hear about what a great business man he is. Compared to who? Either way what does that have to do with making decisions for a basketball team? This is truly glorious.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#64 » by 3D Chess » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Dannyboy36 wrote:
3D Chess wrote:While that is undeniably a badass way to quit, it was also unbelievably weak not to tell your 'sister' and boss before blurting it out in an impromptu presser.

Who is saying it’s a badass way to quit? I’d say it’s the opposite. Do you mean as a way of sticking it to your employer in another situation? It’s such a chicken move. It’s unbelievable how unprofessional he was. Awful, and I’m loving every minute of it. He talked for 45 minutes. The guy is a riot.THIS is the Laker way. This is the difference between the Celts and Laker franchises.

"I got a great life. Damn, I got a great life outside of this. What the fff ... what am I doing? I got a beautiful life. I'm going back to that beautiful life. I'm looking forward to it."

That's badass. I would love to quit my job exactly like that, lol.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#65 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Not to mention, a dirty ass player.

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,371

Post#66 » by Homerclease » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#67 » by Taget » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Can't wait to see what Game of Zones does with Magic and Lebron.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#68 » by Iguodaladon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:30 pm

This is hilarious how Magic just suddenly pressed the eject button without telling anyone first. Do you think he was just in the press conference and thought "**** it I'm done with this ish" ?

I remember I quit a job like that when I was 22, but it's not something I'd do again or in a high end executive role. The Lakers organisation is making a serious run at the Suns for worst run franchise :lol:
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#69 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 pm

And yet, if the Lakers move up to the top pick in the Draft, they will end up with AD, whomever is running the team. General all around incompetence does not preclude against luck. More so for the Knicks. This Lottery could be one of those "Are you **** me!" moments.
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#70 » by Iguodaladon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:53 pm

I've been thinking about it and Magic can't have just quit out of the blue like that. Jeanie must have 'fired' him in that 3 hour meeting the day before, but gave him the chance to leave on his own terms and save face. Magic then cooked up the story about just deciding to leave and not telling anyone. I can't believe that a man as confident and charismatic as Magic with a good reputation with the owner would just bail without mentioning anything
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#71 » by Disinformation » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 pm

bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:And yet, if the Lakers move up to the top pick in the Draft, they will end up with AD, whomever is running the team. General all around incompetence does not preclude against luck. More so for the Knicks. This Lottery could be one of those "Are you **** me!" moments.

Yeah, unfortunately the NBA has a number of ways crappy teams can be rewarded for their incompetence. Things like the Cavs moving up to the top of the draft 4 times after LeBron James left the first time. Or the Knicks possibly putting a super-team together despite literally DECADES of incompetence just because they're NY and they'll have a ton of cap space.

Poor sportsmanship aside, if the Lakers do move up, I will yell conspiracy as loud as any one. Oddly, if the Celtics move up (despite worse odds than the Lakers), I don't think I'll have as much to say. :oops: I mean, if I'm going to be biased, at least I can be self-aware of that bias, even if I don't do anything about it. :lol:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#72 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:48 am

Magic Johnson was better as an executive than he was a coach.

Everyone is so lucky if they are watching the "historic" Miami-Brooklyn game, that superstar from Kamloops/Gonzaga has 9 first quarter points.

Detroit are not waiting for the last quarter to win, a nice early lead.

Go, Portland. Keep that Kings pick down a tad.

Golden State going easy on Memphis. Jerebko needs to redeem himself and win that.

A Clippers loss could mean their pick is 3 spots better.

The Clippers claiming Rodney McGruder is an odd move. By doing that, they get Miami off the hook for his deal? Clippers may have saved Miami millions in luxury tax? Maybe Rodney McGruder leaving, and missing the playoffs so Olynyk misses a bonus, is enough?

If the Heat did save a bundle from the Clippers doing them a solid, something to remember when those two teams do a lopsided trade in the future.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,389

Post#73 » by K For Three » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:55 am

Didn't realize Embiid was having issues that badly too. Man I am so tired of this injury ****.
Read on Twitter
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,273

Post#74 » by Froob » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:31 am

Damn Wade blown out in his Final game, guess they can’t all go out playing big minutes in the playoffs like Pierce did.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,389

Post#75 » by K For Three » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:46 am

Read on Twitter
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,565

Post#76 » by KGtabake » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:48 am

Has any of you payed attention to what Denver did in the last 2 games?
It worked great for them but man. This should be fined by the league somehow.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
KevinGamble34
Sixth Man
And1: 1,640

Post#77 » by KevinGamble34 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:09 am

Made my first wall of shame :o

The players that turned up for Dirks last home game. Barkley, Pippen, Kemp, Detlef, and Larry Legend.

La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#78 » by La Flame » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:29 am

How pathetic are nets fans for chanting Paul Pierce sucks lol? What a short memory they have but I guess being the victim of the greatest robbery ever does that to you
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,371

Post#79 » by Homerclease » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Really Kings? Now you’re gonna pull this crap?
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#80 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Vlade gonna Vlade

Return to Boston Celtics