ImageImageImageImageImage

Vlade Divac agrees to 4 year extension with Kings Through 22-23

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Vlade Divac agrees to 4 year extension with Kings Through 22-23 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:00 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253307/Vlade-Divac-Agrees-To-Four-Year-Extension-With-Kings-Through-22-23

Lets talk about some positive here! Divac gets to finish what he started. He made good on his promise. After the Cousins trade he said that the Kings would be in a better place this year than when we had moved him. He absolutely delivered! Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, Barnes, Bagley, Giles! This is a core we haven't seen in years!

Beyond excited to see what we do over the next 5 years. Especially this summer! Replacing Joerger, replacing WCS, another year of progression from our youngins! Can't say I've been this excited for an offseason and years and thats without our draft pick!
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Re: Vlade Divac agrees to 4 year extension with Kings Through 22-23 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Well, I'm happy with current personnel, salary situation, our stockpile of seconds in the next few drafts.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 pm

The Vladfather.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#4 » by wco81 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 pm

For Vlade's sake though, Luka better not become an MVP candidate 5 years from now.

Bagley looks like he'll be a very good player, with the ceiling to be an all-NBA player if he improves his range and ball-handling.

But Luka may be the one that got away.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Not a fan, so hope he proves me wrong in the future
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#6 » by jazanetti » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:42 am

I can't say that Vlade's work was awful, but i'm not impressed either.
He had a ton of cap space for two years and didn't use it to get any assets.
He drafted PapaG with the 13th pick who is not in the NBA any more.
He drafted Fox with 5th pick, but he was top 5 in any mock (and let's not forget why we had 5th but not 2nd pick :wink: ).
He used 10th pick to get JJ (not in the team any more).
He signed Hill and ZBo and got nothing from them (2nd round pick).
He made an offer for LaVine. Can you imagine Fox, Hield and LaVine playing together and being efficient? :D
He didn't get Doncic and didn't get a pick from Dallas (like Sсhlenk did).
He ruined team chemistry during deadline with Shump trade for Burks who added nothing...
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#7 » by codydaze » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 pm

jazanetti wrote:I can't say that Vlade's work was awful, but i'm not impressed either.
He drafted Fox with 5th pick, but he was top 5 in any mock (and let's not forget why we had 5th but not 2nd pick :wink: ).

He made an offer for LaVine. Can you imagine Fox, Hield and LaVine playing together and being efficient? :D
He ruined team chemistry during deadline with Shump trade for Burks who added nothing...

These are wrong. Bogdan was acquired in the trade for the 13 pick as well, he was the prize of that deal. The 10th pick was traded for 15 and 20 which got us JJ and Giles. We got Shump back in the Hill trade and Zbo and JJ were traded for Harrison Barnes.
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#8 » by oligo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:04 pm

jazanetti wrote:I can't say that Vlade's work was awful, but i'm not impressed either.

Man, I can't agree with you more. You stole my words...

I really can't say he was the worst GM in the league, but as you already mentioned, he had plenty of cap space and he did nothing. Sacramento is a nice place to live and I'm pretty sure you could acquire more valuable assets in the past. He also drafted a ton of busts and/or made some trades to get busts. His press conferences are a complete joke, good luck geting any valuable info from him.

And now this guy fired coach Joeger. I mean...camon. Joeger made a huge work by getting the Kings where they are now, made great chemistry inside the team and fans were also excited about his work and what the future brings.
#FireVlade
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#9 » by jazanetti » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 pm

codydaze wrote:

These are wrong. Bogdan was acquired in the trade for the 13 pick as well, he was the prize of that deal. The 10th pick was traded for 15 and 20 which got us JJ and Giles. We got Shump back in the Hill trade and Zbo and JJ were traded for Harrison Barnes.

8th pick for 13th (PapaG), 29th (Skal) and Bogdan (27th pick). This in the end means 8th pick for 27th. I don't think it's a good deal :wink:
I'm not a fan of Barnes and taking into account his contract and the fact that Mavs wanted to get rid of him, his price were nearly 0. It's not a good trade either. And Vlade wasted the chance to get Porter at the same time.
Shump turned into 2nd round pick. Ok, Hill -> 2 2nd round picks. Not bad but not a win either.
Thus I don't see any really perfect move from Vlade, while some **** happened for sure.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#10 » by enderwilson » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:31 am

jazanetti wrote:
codydaze wrote:

8th pick for 13th (PapaG), 29th (Skal) and Bogdan (27th pick). This in the end means 8th pick for 27th. I don't think it's a good deal :wink:
I'm not a fan of Barnes and taking into account his contract and the fact that Mavs wanted to get rid of him, his price were nearly 0. It's not a good trade either. And Vlade wasted the chance to get Porter at the same time.
Shump turned into 2nd round pick. Ok, Hill -> 2 2nd round picks. Not bad but not a win either.
Thus I don't see any really perfect move from Vlade, while some **** happened for sure.

What deal would you have made since you have the benefit of hindsight to make the call? No one has a crystal ball to figure out in the moment whose going to be a good player at ANY pick. If you don't see a good player there, then what do you do? Perhaps make a trade for 3 and increase your odds of getting something that works. Skal was a project with potential. Didn't work out, but he definitely got his revenge on us in that last Portland game. PapaG was a head-scratcher, but then you look at an All-Star player like Nikola Jokic and then you can imagine what Vlade was seeing (or hoping to see).

To be honest, in the 2016 Draft none of the players between 8-13 are that much better than what we ended up with. Arguing from the other side of the issue I can say that Vlade's risk gave this team a better chance to come out ahead of the 8th pick, but in the end I think we broke even.

Return to Sacramento Kings