Post#21 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:17 pm

This.

Read on Twitter
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Re: Woj Official: Joerger will be fired today 

Post#22 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 pm

codydaze wrote:Thoughts? I think it may have been best to keep him around one more year but ultimately I think it's the right move. So far looks like we're looking at Monty Williams, Ettore Messina and Luke Walton is he's fired in LA.

I tend to agree that one more year was a good idea but that ultimately he had to go. I said just as much yesterday before this news broke.

He never adjusted to what teams were doing. The Brooklyn game was a glaring example that comes to mind. Atkinson went small and abused Bjelica forcing him to defend Russell/Dudley pick and pops. Had he just subbed out Bjelica for any wing player I believe we win that game easily. There's multiple examples of these types of situations.

His rotations were terrible. How in any way does it make sense to be running 10 deep for half of every fourth quarter? I genuinely don't understand that nor do I understand why you would ever trot out 5 bench players all at once at any point during non-garbage minutes. The fact this team gets killed by a zone is just the cherry on top.

I firmly believe this teams relative success this year was in spite of him.

As for the timing of this move, it will all depend on who we can sign to replace him. If we can't get a good candidate I think it would have been wiser to wait. But sometimes you just want to pull the band aid off. If we can't get a good replacement this could become a disaster.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#23 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:22 pm

codydaze wrote:It's kind of funny seeing fans of other teams blasting this move as a bad one. I mean, I get it, we had a solid season and definitely exceeded expectation but how much of that was because we just have good, young players who out ran teams all year? There's a big difference in the opinion's of Kings fans on this move because we watched him fail to make in game adjustments and questioned his rotations all year.

If we get Messina, I'm betting on playoffs next year without a doubt.

From the outside it appears foolish. Those people don't actually watch the games. Its no surprise basically everyone on this board is either in support of it or ambivalent at worst.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#24 » by sacking123 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Not against this at all. I thought Joerger did a good job this year and love that he changed his style of play.
That’s where it ends though. There were plenty of negatives.
To be honest I don’t buy that he is a good development coach. On a very basic level without going into it, Bagley should have started every game this season. Just because he brings young guys along slow doesn’t mean they weren’t or aren’t ready.
While it’s fristrating watching the mass substitutions and at strange times, Im Not going to go all in on him like others, because go to every teams board and you will find posters talking about poor rotations. We’ve had the same complaint about every coach too and it won’t be any different with the next coach.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#25 » by BoogieTime » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Messina is the best name out there

Jeannie Buss save us from ourselves and insist on keeping Luke
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#26 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Weird the only Kings player realted social media post about Joerger fired is Bagley's dad "Thank you Jesus".

Is it weird none of the players have spoken out? Is it telling? Are they just too busy today?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#27 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:57 pm

For the "Kangz gonna KANGZ" group.

Read on Twitter
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#28 » by blind prophet » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:58 pm

City of Trees wrote:Weird the only Kings player realted social media post about Joerger fired is Bagley's dad "Thank you Jesus".

Is it weird none of the players have spoken out? Is it telling? Are they just too busy today?

Was wondering what people were saying.

I'm guessing there must of been some sort of talks between players to take the high road.

Also, if any were pissed off about his firing, Vlade just got his extension.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#29 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Im not gonna speculate on names to replace. I think this a cleaning house move by Vlade. He has always seen where we need to go. That is the best quality to have in a leader. He makes the hard decisions because those are the ways he believe we can get to the places we want.

I think Joerger and WIlliams both put them selves as people who would hinder an all in type of organization. I also think Vlade would trade Bagley right now if you gave him a decent deal for the same reasons. That is why I will ride with that dude til the wheels fall off.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#30 » by codydaze » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 pm

City of Trees wrote:Weird the only Kings player realted social media post about Joerger fired is Bagley's dad "Thank you Jesus".

Jason Jones tweeted this out today too:

Read on Twitter

We could all see there was definitely a rift between Buddy and Joerger for whatever reason, it was probably bigger than we may have assumed. Then there was Bagley's dad publicly disagreeing with him and Fox had some quotes throughout the year that weren't exactly glowing reviews. To me it feels like they probably respected him but didn't necessarily like him.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#31 » by enderwilson » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:09 pm

I'm OK with this move. The issues and statements this makes:
1) Are there better options out there? It certainly seems like it. The league sees the potential this team has and ANY coach wanting to make their mark would love to have an opportunity like this. This opportunity leads to....
2) Vlade is in charge. Firing both Joerger and Williams says to the league that he wants FO and staff to work together for the benefit of the team, not their individual egos. Getting in each other's **** and each telling the other how to do their job will not be tolerated. There's better ways of handling disputes.

I feel this move is about greater stability moving forward. While I commend Joerger for the job he's done and wouldn't have been disappointed to see him return, a little part of me wondered if his history of tangling with FO's wasn't part of the reason he was shown the door.
shi-woo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,102

Post#32 » by shi-woo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:32 am

SactoKingsFan wrote:You don't fire Joerger unless you can replace him with a better coach. That's not a given with the FO reputation and how this firing will be received around the league.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Eh as an outsider looking in, I'd disagree. Vlade is steadily gaining respect in the basketball circle, and many people trust that he atleast has a plan in mind, and is executing it. Something most GMs in the NBA don't do.

I think the timing of this move was perfect. The last thing you guys need is a Scott Brooks situation. Kings come out next year and win 45 games and just miss the playoffs, you going to fire him then?

Doing it now, up front and honest, is better than waiting a year of development in the system you want your guys to play in.

Sent from my D6708 using RealGM mobile app
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#33 » by sacking123 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:14 am

enderwilson wrote:I'm OK with this move. The issues and statements this makes:
1) Are there better options out there? It certainly seems like it. The league sees the potential this team has and ANY coach wanting to make their mark would love to have an opportunity like this. This opportunity leads to....
2) Vlade is in charge. Firing both Joerger and Williams says to the league that he wants FO and staff to work together for the benefit of the team, not their individual egos. Getting in each other's **** and each telling the other how to do their job will not be tolerated. There's better ways of handling disputes.

I feel this move is about greater stability moving forward. While I commend Joerger for the job he's done and wouldn't have been disappointed to see him return, a little part of me wondered if his history of tangling with FO's wasn't part of the reason he was shown the door.

I agree with this.

Watching Vlade's press conference just reiterated to me that Vlade is doing it his way and then you have clueless journalists asking about stability. Vlade's answer was correct, the instability was prior, this franchise has been in good shape for a while now despite some minor hiccups that happen in any organisation. I think Vlade is getting rid of the people he sees as not doing the right thing by the players and/or the franchise. I see he also dismissed was it the PR guy? Was this due to a similar thing? I wouldn't be surprised if Vlade had all of these guys lined up week's if not months ago and went to Vivek about his extension and said this is what I believe and if you give me an extension this is what I'll do.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#34 » by BoogieTime » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:38 pm

IMO the team extended the wrong guy as I said in the general discussion

Joerger is a young quality energetic coach who IMO got a lot of mileage out of our talent (hence being tied with the Bucks for most exceeded expectation wins). Our core Fox/Buddy/Bogs play downturned over the course of the season, and they need to get better (and hopefully will with age). I didn’t see anything with Joerger X and Os

Vlade still has yet to impress me. I consider Fox a consensus pick, Buddy part of a Cousins trade, Harry not living up to hype yet etc. this year, Burks/Shump, Skal looking good the other night, the Doncic situation still controversial

The relationship between Vlade/Joerger was broken. It was broken the second Joerger covertly mentioned preferring Doncic. Doncic was reported to be Joerger choice, but it was disrespect to Vlade and Bagley. Buddy/Giles also felt under appreciated

I still think Joerger is a coach that will be hard to top, and could’ve mended fences. Even if he had to go because of his relationship with the players, not Vlade, who he should hold more weight then, I’d consider it unfortunate Kangz.

All this to say the coaching hire better be knocked out of the park, and Vlade better start impressing me more with his decisions
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#35 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:07 pm

So Vlade said he considered firing Joerger at the All Star break. Obviously there was more going on behind closed doors than we have been granted access to.

We do have public gripes from Buddy and Bagley. Reports about Joerger and Giles. Continued minute restriction for young guys on a roster full of young guys.

Looking back at the Kings poor play post All star break I'm starting to wonder if Joerger was losing the locker room?

....and i still have yet to see one Kings player thank Joerger on social media (not that its required)

What do you guys think?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#36 » by codydaze » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Read on Twitter

How long until the Shams/Woj bomb that we hire him? Didn't we hire Joerger a couple days after he left Memphis?
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#37 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Read on Twitter
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#38 » by codydaze » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Walton and Messina both getting interviewed. These are really the only two candidates.

Read on Twitter
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#39 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Read on Twitter
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings