ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk*

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Re: Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk* 

Post#81 » by Dannyboy36 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Iguodaladon wrote:I've been thinking about it and Magic can't have just quit out of the blue like that. Jeanie must have 'fired' him in that 3 hour meeting the day before, but gave him the chance to leave on his own terms and save face. Magic then cooked up the story about just deciding to leave and not telling anyone. I can't believe that a man as confident and charismatic as Magic with a good reputation with the owner would just bail without mentioning anything

I thought it seemed a totally Magic thing to do. He thinks the world revolves around him. Most sensible people will see a guy quitting in front of a mic and not face to face as incredibly unprofessional. It’s so embarrassing. Even though I liked that it made the Lakers look bad my mouth dropped when he said Jeanie didn’t know. Something like this SHOULD really damage a guy’s rep. It’s so childish. But Magic isn’t the smartest guy either.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#82 » by Dannyboy36 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:32 pm

But who knows. Ofcourse I could be dead wrong.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,946

Post#83 » by Jakeopp » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:06 pm

If the Kings hire Luke Walton :lol:
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#84 » by Roddy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#85 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Roddy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Idiots
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#86 » by Iguodaladon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Wow there's a lot of stupid going around these last couple of days. James Jones managed to go the whole year without signing a PG for a team that desperately needed one and Dave Joerger got the Kings closer to the playoffs than they've been in 10+ years. Madness
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#87 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:41 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Roddy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Idiots

James Jones about to trade Devin Booker, Ayton and a 1st rounder to the Lakers for Kuzma/Ingram/Ball
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,104

Post#88 » by La Flame » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Iguodaladon wrote:Wow there's a lot of stupid going around these last couple of days. James Jones managed to go the whole year without signing a PG for a team that desperately needed one and Dave Joerger got the Kings closer to the playoffs than they've been in 10+ years. Madness

Yeah, and helping Lebron instead of getting an asset to help Suns. Dude just let Tyson Chandler walk to Lakers
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#89 » by Valid » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 pm

James Jones has always been a dirtball, but what else would you expect from LeBron's lapdog?
Roddy
Head Coach

Post#90 » by Roddy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#91 » by Valid » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 pm

Hollinger is such a clown.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#92 » by Taget » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Really Kings? Now you’re gonna pull this crap?

As a Celtics fan I support this. The bastard may have cost us a good draft pick with his selfish desire to see his team win. :nonono:
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#93 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:18 am

Lol. Now that I think about it, Vlade probably walked into that meeting and fired Joerger for winning meaningless games in the end instead of tanking, forgetting that the Kings didnt have their pick this year.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#94 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:04 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Roddy wrote:
Read on Twitter

Idiots

James Jones about to trade Devin Booker, Ayton and a 1st rounder to the Lakers for Kuzma/Ingram/Ball

I think it's more like James Jones trade Booker, Ayton, and a 1st for Anthony Davis then immediately trades Davis to Lebron/Lakers for their pupu platter.

Can't be a three-teamer since NOLA has no intention of dealing with the Lakers.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,318

Post#95 » by Triple7 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:44 am

Dannyboy36 wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:I've been thinking about it and Magic can't have just quit out of the blue like that. Jeanie must have 'fired' him in that 3 hour meeting the day before, but gave him the chance to leave on his own terms and save face. Magic then cooked up the story about just deciding to leave and not telling anyone. I can't believe that a man as confident and charismatic as Magic with a good reputation with the owner would just bail without mentioning anything

I thought it seemed a totally Magic thing to do. He thinks the world revolves around him. Most sensible people will see a guy quitting in front of a mic and not face to face as incredibly unprofessional. It’s so embarrassing. Even though I liked that it made the Lakers look bad my mouth dropped when he said Jeanie didn’t know. Something like this SHOULD really damage a guy’s rep. It’s so childish. But Magic isn’t the smartest guy either.

I think its the opposite. He knows he **** up the last 2 years, with the way he handled the PG situation, and most recently, the AD debacle. He also maybe just found out how players really doesn’t want to play with lebron, and that it would be a tall task to convince superstar fa’s to join him. I think he knows he can’t turn this franchise around, and that he’s just saving himself the embarrassment when things don’t pan out this off season.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#96 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:26 am

Sacramento - "We are bad. We must fire our coach."

Sacramento - "We must fire our coach, and give the general manager another four years and a big raise for his new contract."

Chris Wallace, after failing for a couple of decades somebody noticed?

Now, instead of picking the players, he will tell someone else who should be picked by Memphis.

Kevin Love out for OJ Mayo, Wallace messed up on that one.

Hasheem Thabeet!

Harden, no. Curry, no. Lester Hudson, no. Hasheem Thabeet? Yes, Hasheem Thabeet. Pick 2.

Traded a first rounder to get Rade Zagorac, when instead they could have selected Jake Layman.

His only win? Getting Dillon Brooks.

No, two wins. Signing Bruno Caboclo.

Too early to tell Tristan Thompson, left-handed player, he was wrong?
"We're still four-time Eastern Conference champions, so until you take us down from that, teams ain't got much to say," Thompson said. "Boston, Philly, they ain't got much to say. Boston had home court Game 7 and lost. Philly, you guys almost got swept. Toronto — we already know that story. So until someone takes us down, there's not much they can really say."

How can a team take their playoff conference win away, "take us down" if they don't make the playoffs? Tristan, right-handed player, had the loophole.

Well done, Lakers. Looking at pick 6, then won around 6 of 10 in recent weeks, before a close loss in their last game. Makes it too difficult for the NBA to send pick 1 there without people being suspicious.
Roddy
Head Coach

Post#97 » by Roddy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:36 am

Read on Twitter

Raptors fans...

darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,724

Post#98 » by darmani » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 am

La Flame wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:Wow there's a lot of stupid going around these last couple of days. James Jones managed to go the whole year without signing a PG for a team that desperately needed one and Dave Joerger got the Kings closer to the playoffs than they've been in 10+ years. Madness

Yeah, and helping Lebron instead of getting an asset to help Suns. Dude just let Tyson Chandler walk to Lakers

:crazy: Who was gonna give up assets for Tyson Chandler who has been a corpse for years now? Would anyone be talking how Morey is helping LeBron, if the Lakers signed Melo when he was dumped by the Rockets? Tyson Chandler getting playing time was detrimental to the Suns. Cutting him and replacing him with Richaun Holmes was a big plus for Phoenix.

Why should the Suns waste assets for a PG during a lost season when they will be in a great position to add a starting PG either via the draft or free agency this summer? I mean... Ainge was asking for an unprotected pick for Rozier. Can you imagine what it would cost the Suns to trade for a PG that is actually good at basketball... Not panicking and making small moves like swapping Ariza for Oubre and Ryan Anderson for Tyler Johnson was a pretty successful season for James Jones, considering the circumstances.
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Roddy
Head Coach

Post#99 » by Roddy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:30 pm

CHL, this is for you :

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#100 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Teague and Bazemore are both exercising their player options for a cool $19M each next season. They are smart fellas.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Return to Boston Celtics