ImageImageImageImageImage

Confirmed: Frank Vogel has agreed to deal to become new head coach, Kidd will be assistant

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Re: Luke and Lakers part ways 

Post#21 » by TyCobb » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:29 pm

So upsetting. Absolutely hate this. LeBron has poisoned the Laker blood.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Post#22 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Ty Lue is gonna be a Laker it's only a matter of time. Not only is he LeBron's first choice but we all know how much Jeanie loves her former Lakers. I'm gonna reserve judgement on the coaching carousel for the time being, it's not like the coaching market is just flooded with talent right now. My stance on Walton is meh, I'm neither happy or sad about his departure.
I_Love_This_Game!!
Pro Prospect
And1: 69

Post#23 » by I_Love_This_Game!! » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:31 pm

I hope Luke went to Jeannie and asked to be released from his contract. That's what I would do if I were him.

1) He has no idea what the team is going to look like next year. Yet, the expectations will no doubt be higher.
2) Lebron, the team's "leader," does not want to be coached or held accountable.
3) Luke was made a scapegoat for a poorly constructed roster and the failed acquisition of the Brow.
4) There are teams out there in need of a coach that are not the circuses the Lakers are (i.e.- Sacramento)

In other words, Luke can do better.

Best of luck, Luke! I'll be rooting for you.
My Dream Team
PG...Magic Johnson...Steph Curry
SG...Michael Jordan...Kobe Bryant
SF...Larry Bird...LeBron James
PF...Tim Duncan...Charles Barkley
C...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...Wilt Chamberlain
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#24 » by myersia » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:32 pm

TyCobb wrote:So upsetting. Absolutely hate this. LeBron has poisoned the Laker blood.

I am confused why people view luke as the next coming of Jesus . This is great because we deserve a real coach. Since Pringle’s we have had all former players. We need a real coach!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#25 » by Slava » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:37 pm

dockingsched wrote:
Slava wrote:
dockingsched wrote:Id be shocked if this isn’t a case of Luke wanting more security, the Lakers not being in a position to extend him or make a decision on his future right now, so they agree to part ways.

If there was a genuine case of the Lakers not wanting to make decisions until a new president of basketball ops is in place, I think Luke would have waited it out until that was done. This feels like Pelinka and Jeannie making decisions now in a patchwork front office.

Id agree with you except he probably knows he has a job waiting for him in Sacramento that he has to jump on right now.

Looks like your conjecture is right

Read on Twitter
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#26 » by Ball so hard » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:41 pm

I like the guy, but this was absolutely necessary. I do not want Lue or any other mediocre coach.
Hangman_52
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Post#27 » by Hangman_52 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Lakers are so stupid. Bring in players who totally don't fit the system that Walton coaches. Had the team rolling until lots of injuries took over the team. Then blame him for their own mistakes. Get rid of the whole front office. They are pure ****
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#28 » by Spanish_Laker » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 pm

I don't like this. The guy who should have got fired is that inexperienced and useless GM we still have.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Slava » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Quite clear Woj is nowhere near plugged in with the Lakers and he's piggybacking on other people's reporting here. :lol:

Read on Twitter
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#30 » by Pythagoras » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:01 pm

If we replace Luke with Lue I’m going to vomit.
Numbers rule the universe.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Slava » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:01 pm

The most Jeannie Buss thing to do would be to hire Coach K as coach and president of basketball ops.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#32 » by Pythagoras » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
kobe808lak wrote:Why is Pelinka still our GM.. who is calling the shot on this one? Him or Jeanie?

Id be shocked if this isn’t a case of Luke wanting more security, the Lakers not being in a position to extend him or make a decision on his future right now, so they agree to part ways.

Mutually does sound a lot like "this **** is a joke get me out of here for someone who wants me."

They cost him the UCLA job by not acting sooner, though I'm surprised UCLA moved that quick

Now we get to watch him probably go to the Kings in division and grow with a young team the way he was supposed to here.

Mixed feelings as his rotations and in game decisions were frustrating, but his vibe and some system stuff was obviously more than competent.

**** LeBron and who he wants. We need a franchise coach, not a single players puppet.

He’s going to the Kings and finally get a team built to fit his system and have them in the playoffs next year. Book it.
Numbers rule the universe.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Slava » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Slava » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Read on Twitter
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#35 » by H00PDREAMS » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:21 pm

So why did Magic leave again? Can someone explain to me what in the hell is going on here? This is a mess. is Kobe going to be the new President or what?!

I thought the word was Jeanie was against having a CAVS west...
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#36 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:31 pm

dockingsched wrote:
kobe808lak wrote:Why is Pelinka still our GM.. who is calling the shot on this one? Him or Jeanie?

Id be shocked if this isn’t a case of Luke wanting more security, the Lakers not being in a position to extend him or make a decision on his future right now, so they agree to part ways.

This, plus
1. Luke hates the drama.
2. Doesn't like Pelinka,how he meddles with his coaching and scouting (reportedly would sit and order the scouting report be revised).
3. Pelinka hated his assisants.
4. Felt uneasy with Lebron being disengaged during time out huddles, didn't feel he was respected enough.
5. Even 2 years ago, Lavar Ball criticized Luke, Lonzo was asked if he liked Luke, all he said was "I will play for any coach".
6. Ingram stating that he will refuse to come off the bench.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#37 » by gts1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 pm

the tunnel vision and lack of imagination of this organization is astounding.... its' mind boggling that a franchise as storied as the Lakers can be in this position.. everything starting with the Magic hire is 100% on Jeanie once Jim was gone, there were no more places to hide for her.. I've been a strong supporter of hers' and the family since she took over the franchise but maybe it's time for her to step aside and let somebody who does know BOTH sides of the game to run the team.

It's not that losing Walton is a deal breaker for me it's how it happened since that leaked story of Magic ripping him a few games into the season and the smell now that' Pelinka may actually be taking over the head position of ops side of the team that's frightening. I've been huge Laker fan since the 80's and I'm seriously on the fence if I want to keep being disappointed time and time again and the disappointment begins and ends with the leadership of this team.
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#38 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Pythagoras wrote:If we replace Luke with Lue I’m going to vomit.

Would you please enlighten me on why you hate Lue?
Pls be specific about the coaching moves that he made that made you sick. thank you
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#39 » by thebigbird » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:37 pm

Luke wasn't a good coach. His rotations were really bad. There was no excuse for playing Rondo as much as he did. Too many times he left LeBron, Kuzma, and Ingram all on the bench at the end of third quarters. Time to go out and get a real coach and an analytics department.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#40 » by gts1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:41 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:If we replace Luke with Lue I’m going to vomit.

Would you please enlighten me on why you hate Lue?
Pls be specific about the coaching moves that he made that made you sick. thank you

one problem is he's not the coach, Lebron runs the team when Lue is the coach. If he becomes head coach any young guys left after this offseason will fall into obscurity, Lue spells win now not long term team development/stability.. We could easily be back in this same spot in two years to three years when Lebron leaves and the roster will probably resemble what they have in Cleveland now.
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers