ImageImageImageImageImage

Confirmed: Frank Vogel has agreed to deal to become new head coach, Kidd will be assistant

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Re: Luke and Lakers part ways 

Post#41 » by Ball so hard » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:41 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:
dockingsched wrote:Id be shocked if this isn’t a case of Luke wanting more security, the Lakers not being in a position to extend him or make a decision on his future right now, so they agree to part ways.

Mutually does sound a lot like "this **** is a joke get me out of here for someone who wants me."

They cost him the UCLA job by not acting sooner, though I'm surprised UCLA moved that quick

Now we get to watch him probably go to the Kings in division and grow with a young team the way he was supposed to here.

Mixed feelings as his rotations and in game decisions were frustrating, but his vibe and some system stuff was obviously more than competent.

**** LeBron and who he wants. We need a franchise coach, not a single players puppet.

He’s going to the Kings and finally get a team built to fit his system and have them in the playoffs next year. Book it.

One would think the Kings are about to hire Pop.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#42 » by snaquille oatmeal » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:42 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:If we replace Luke with Lue I’m going to vomit.

Would you please enlighten me on why you hate Lue?
Pls be specific about the coaching moves that he made that made you sick. thank you

Dude let Iverson step over him.....that’s all I got
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#43 » by Slava » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Post#44 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:44 pm

gts1 wrote:the tunnel vision and lack of imagination of this organization is astounding.... its' mind boggling that a franchise as storied as the Lakers can be in this position.. everything starting with the Magic hire is 100% on Jeanie once Jim was gone, there were no more places to hide for her.. I've been a strong supporter of hers' and the family since she took over the franchise but maybe it's time for her to step aside and let somebody who does know BOTH sides of the game to run the team.

It's not that losing Walton is a deal breaker for me it's how it happened since that leaked story of Magic ripping him a few games into the season and the smell now that' Pelinka may actually be taking over the head position of ops side of the team that's frightening. I've been huge Laker fan since the 80's and I'm seriously on the fence if I want to keep being disappointed time and time again and the disappointment begins and ends with the leadership of this team.

Jeanie knows enough that they were a mess with the bad contracts of Mozgov and Deng but also realize that she has very limited knowledge of the game. She asked the help of someone she trusts, one individual his family loved like a son, the player so great he helped the team win championships. What were her other alternative, hand the keys to a complete stranger?
In hindsight, she could have hired 1-2 more trusted confidants and form a committee.
With Magic's vision, I felt, hiring a very smart Rondo and an athletic big in Mcgee wasn't horrible. He probably saw what I saw how Houston who beat GSW 3 times with defense even with bad 3pt shooting could be working formula.
Yes, Beasley and Lance hire was a disaster esp letting Brook go but it's not like these guys made only bad mistakes and none of the good ones.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Post#45 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Great. Now we probably get to move on with the next lame duck coach.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,662

Re: Luke and Lakers part ways; Rob will lead coaching search 

Post#46 » by dockingsched » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#47 » by Pythagoras » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:00 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:

Pls be specific about the coaching moves that he made that made you sick. thank you

Cleveland was an abysmal defensive team during his entire tenure. Lakers have been far better defensively under Luke. Then there is also the issue that he played LeBron a gazillion minutes at age 32 and 33. And Cleveland looked completely inept when LeBron wasn’t on the court. LeBron is not the player he was in Cle. I have severe doubts he has the ability to competently coach when he doesn’t have an historically dominant James carrying him.
Numbers rule the universe.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#48 » by Pythagoras » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:02 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
gts1 wrote:the tunnel vision and lack of imagination of this organization is astounding.... its' mind boggling that a franchise as storied as the Lakers can be in this position.. everything starting with the Magic hire is 100% on Jeanie once Jim was gone, there were no more places to hide for her.. I've been a strong supporter of hers' and the family since she took over the franchise but maybe it's time for her to step aside and let somebody who does know BOTH sides of the game to run the team.

It's not that losing Walton is a deal breaker for me it's how it happened since that leaked story of Magic ripping him a few games into the season and the smell now that' Pelinka may actually be taking over the head position of ops side of the team that's frightening. I've been huge Laker fan since the 80's and I'm seriously on the fence if I want to keep being disappointed time and time again and the disappointment begins and ends with the leadership of this team.

Jeanie knows enough that they were a mess with the bad contracts of Mozgov and Deng but also realize that she has very limited knowledge of the game. She asked the help of someone she trusts, one individual his family loved like a son, the player so great he helped the team win championships. What were her other alternative, hand the keys to a complete stranger?
In hindsight, she could have hired 1-2 more trusted confidants and form a committee.
With Magic's vision, I felt, hiring a very smart Rondo and an athletic big in Mcgee wasn't horrible. He probably saw what I saw how Houston who beat GSW 3 times with defense even with bad 3pt shooting could be working formula.
Yes, Beasley and Lance hire was a disaster esp letting Brook go but it's not like these guys made only bad mistakes and none of the good ones.

There was no player that had a more negative impact on the team than Rondo. And it was by a massive amount.
Numbers rule the universe.
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#49 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:05 pm

dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

We're so innovative in our coaching search.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#50 » by gts1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:10 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:Jeanie knows enough that they were a mess with the bad contracts of Mozgov and Deng but also realize that she has very limited knowledge of the game. She asked the help of someone she trusts, one individual his family loved like a son, the player so great he helped the team win championships. What were her other alternative, hand the keys to a complete stranger?

YES! somebody that knows the game, not some former player that led them to greatness on the floor, that's not a quality to run a team.. She admits she doesn't know the BB side of the game, that alone should disqualify her from running it but since she is going to she needs to find a mentor type to run the team, she needs to learn that side of the game.

When you have a person overseeing a huge operation like Jeanie does that person should know the ins and out of the whole operation. When you have a lopsided knowledge base, when one side of the operation is isolated from the other due to ignorance or lack of involvement it creates dysfunction. She used to always complain the Jim and Mitch operated in a bubble, she didn't know what they were doing. Then learn, you're the head of the Lakers learn the game side don't hire people to tell you what to think learn to think for yourself

Now we hear the coaching staff would go weeks without hearing from Magic, Ryan West was basically forgotten, Magic and Rob rarely communicated with scouts. Rob would walk around asking where's Magic to illustrate he was on the Job and Magic wasn't.

Because of her not knowing that side of the game, by not being a part of it on the day to day in affect she traded a GM and president in Mitch and Jim that wouldn't talk to her for a GM and president that would talk to her but not the rest of the staff... dysfunction
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#51 » by Slava » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:11 pm

I don't think I have it in me to see this franchise squander another opportunity to set itself straight.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#52 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Jim about to make his triumphant return. Lol

Part of me wants to see that just to watch SAS' massive tantrums.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#53 » by Ballerhogger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:10 pm

I wouldn’t mind joger at all
I_Love_This_Game!!
Pro Prospect
And1: 70

Post#54 » by I_Love_This_Game!! » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:12 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:

Pythagoras, would you please enlighten me on what type of vomit we're talking about here? Chunky? Runny? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
My Dream Team
PG...Magic Johnson...Steph Curry
SG...Michael Jordan...Kobe Bryant
SF...Larry Bird...LeBron James
PF...Tim Duncan...Charles Barkley
C...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...Wilt Chamberlain
H00PDREAMS
Veteran
And1: 112

Post#55 » by H00PDREAMS » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:13 pm

What an exciting Friday, Star Wars Celebration, Episode 9 Trailer drops, New Pearl Jam record on the way, Luke hits the exit, Coachella bout to go off, Kobe as president rumors start... damn what else is next?
pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#56 » by pb-ceo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:16 pm

unfortunately you need a "bron whisperer" as your next coach. by that I mean someone that bron signs off on. yet another example of how signing the chosen one changed your franchise forever.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#57 » by Danny Darko » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Rob leading the search sucks on so many levels.

...so death by annoying voice, terrible D, and LeBron Puppet
or
...death by well loved and never truly successful?

Lue
Total record: 128-83
w/l % .607
Best season: 51-31
Postseason: 41-20
*asterisk notes: coached a mostly formed team with 2 allstars (best player in the game) and took over for Blatt, who actually had a better winning percentage with the same players.

Monty:
Total record: 173-221
w/l % .439
Best season: 45-37
Postseason: 2-8
*asterisk notes: coached Dell Demps teams lacking stars largely. Best season featured Trevor Ariza, Eric Gordon,Jarret Jack as the top three players. AD liked him and depite his arrival rest of roster was largely garbage.

IDK man... right now I'd rather just be rid of Pelinka than be focusing on these dreggs or worse- Kidd, Jackson, recycled dandruff
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#58 » by Kilroy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:50 pm

I'm sad to see Walton go, but like I said previously I can totally understand why he would be eager to get out.
The bigger issue isn't even about him...
I mean... LeBron is clearly at the tail end of his career... Why in god's name would we be still building our whole organization around his wishes...
Ok, let him have a say, but limit the search to "Guys with experience with LeBron?" There was a big article about how LeBron learned the power of saying "No," is anyone ever going to tell LeBron "No."

I had hoped we were better than this... Clearly we are not.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#59 » by Danny Darko » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:04 am

I think I prefer Monty. He clearly had a few good seasons with developing talent and almost no stars and yet he has worked with Team USA and stars.

Pelinka will go with Lue though... he'd be gone if he didn't swear an oath to LeBron's wishes.
speaking of Rob and the Klutchmonkeys... we already have leaks on two coaches. If we end up with one of those guys the Lakers still have a leak problem.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#60 » by Danny Darko » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:13 am

Rob when he announces Lue:
"I think back to the immortal words of L. Ron Hubbard when he predicted aliens would offer KCP a max contract and hire probably the best coach ever to set foot beneath Allen Iverson's groin"

Return to Los Angeles Lakers