Dillashaw gives up 135lb belt, suspended by NYSAC....

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Dillashaw gives up 135lb belt, suspended by NYSAC.... 

Post#41 » by REDDzone » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:27 am

Could be a bunch of small things:
*As you mention, he's KOing fools and derailing careers.
*No doubt, no possibility of a tainted supplement or picograms or pulsing or whatever. Just cheating.
*A facade of hardwork, can count every calorie he's eaten since he teamed up with Shakespeare. Has his own internet site where
you can do his workout and whatever other nonsense. Guessing he didn't mention to his paying members that his secret is EPO.
*EPO just seems worse. That Lance Armstrong sh*t. It's not a steroid from the 80s like Anderson and the Brazilians generally pop for.
*Duane has been calling him the greatest martial artist in history. "No interest in fighting a guy like Moraes".
*Just reinforces the snake in the grass mantra.
*Besides Jones who gets stripped on the regular, has any other active champion popped and been stripped? Maybe I'm just having a
brainfart but can't think of any. Josh Barnett? LOL.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#42 » by Susan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:33 pm

EPO is pretty much for cardio and not explosiveness. It's been around since at least the early 2000s in distance running/cycling and IMO while it's a **** thing to do, I'd much rather fight a fighter on EPO than a roided up freak like Jones/Belfort/Ubereem.
Susan
RealGM

Post#43 » by Susan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 pm

The Cody fights weren't crazily impacted by the EPO usage IMO. They were both 1st and 2nd round KOs where it was a technique/gameplan flaw on Cody's part (that continued in his most recent L) that was exposed. If it were a war where TJ wore him down and broke him via cardio, it would be a bit more **** up.

Still ****, but this is freaking MMA and adding explosiveness in the form of steroids is way worse IMO.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#44 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:50 pm

But there Yu can train more, harder, and recover better...which means being able to work your explosiveness and technique.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM

Post#45 » by Susan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:34 am

cowboyronnie wrote:But there Yu can train more, harder, and recover better...which means being able to work your explosiveness and technique.

That's what steroids do, no? You can lift more often because they help your body recover/you get more benefit when lifting.

EPO boosts your aerobic capacity, I guess this helps if you're doing intense drilling and your whole training camp depended on that type of training, but that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Where this makes a difference is in the Diaz type of fights where people are fighting at an extreme pace, and it's basically who can survive that pace the longest. EPO would help boost that so you can hang on longer. But very rarely is MMA so heavily dependent on cardio like that.

EPO would have very little to do with explosiveness, it would allow for you to operate at an explosive pace longer. Does that make sense? When it comes to recovering, it doesn't really do much for your muscles but if you're fighting and are at an extreme pace, it would help you recover faster in that 1 minute rest between rounds.

I'm not an exercise science guy but I was a huge runner nerd back in HS. I think the exercise science in MMA is pretty basic.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#46 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:59 am

If you have an increased aerobic capacity, aren't you able to work more? In a way distinct from androgens.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM

Post#47 » by Susan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:59 am

cowboyronnie wrote:If you have an increased aerobic capacity, aren't you able to work more? In a way distinct from androgens.

The use of EPO is believed to increase oxygen absorption, reduce fatigue and improve endurance by increasing the rate of red cell production. It is also believed that EPO increases the metabolism and the healing process of muscles because the extra red cells carry more oxygen and nutrients.

I guess it helps a bit with the healing of the muscles, but MMA is so draining on the body that this isn't the way that people train. It helps you train for longer but I don't think you can stay that sharp mentally or can you make it through without injury to really get the benefits.

Cycling/running are far less destructive on the body so you can push to that level where EPO makes sense a lot easier.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#48 » by REDDzone » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:44 am

Honestly, it's subjective and irrelevant how much TJ's EPO doping affected the Cody fights. The dude wouldn't be on it if it didn't help him significantly. It's a huge risk, obviously.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,102

Post#49 » by duppyy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Sorry but if a drug gives you even a tiny bit of an advantage it's cheating and he's a bitch for doing it. Glad this snake got suspended for 2 years.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts