Re: WELCOME DEANDRE AYTON!!!! 

Post#1461 » by Saberestar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,095

Post#1462 » by handsome salary » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Halloween was quite a while ago Deandre. You don't need to be scared so much.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,230

Post#1463 » by enigmatics » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Brings a tear to my eye and hopefully a muzzle to the mouths of the whiners.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#1464 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:00 pm

enigmatics wrote:
Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Brings a tear to my eye and hopefully a muzzle to the whiners mouths.

I'm a huge Ayton fan, but even I can see that he still gets wrecked pretty routinely in the P&R. And of late he's had trouble covering the perimeter: instead of denying the shot and trusting the help defense, he's been allowing the shot to cut off the drive. That's not the right approach in this league. Guys are too good from distance.

He still needs to get stronger and be more physical. He has a great frame, so let's hope he learns to use that butt.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,230

Post#1465 » by enigmatics » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:He still needs to get stronger and be more physical. He has a great frame, so let's hope he learns to use that butt.

Ya he's lost a bit of weight. Would like to see 10-15 more LB's.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#1466 » by NTB » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:06 pm

So when is this guy gonna takeover as he said?
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,632

Post#1467 » by Saberestar » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 pm

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#1468 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm

I like his shirt - says "DOMINAYTON"

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,502

Post#1469 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 am

bwgood77 wrote:I like his shirt - says "DOMINAYTON"

Read on Twitter

Every time he talks about being a bully on the court or dominating etc etc

I just see him as the bear

lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1470 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I always thought it was funny when everyone was calling him bully or he got or gave himself that nickname before the season because at UA he reminded me more of a big teddy bear.

Not sure why they took down that interview...it was on the Suns twitter account and like 7 minutes long. They asked him if he was going to work out with any other players in the NBA...if he talked to any and he said he thought no one liked him because they don't talk to him. Then he actually mentioned Drummond and that he got some good advice from him and may said he'd work with him.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1471 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:06 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I always thought it was funny when everyone was calling him bully or he got or gave himself that nickname before the season because at UA he reminded me more of a big teddy bear.

Not sure why they took down that interview...it was on the Suns twitter account and like 7 minutes long. They asked him if he was going to work out with any other players in the NBA...if he talked to any and he said he thought no one liked him because they don't talk to him. Then he actually mentioned Drummond and that he got some good advice from him and may said he'd work with him.

He can do what he thinks he needs to do to build his confidence or build himself up but it just gets old when he gets son'd every few games by an average NBA C. He's bigger, faster and stronger than most big men in the league but without the skill to really put that body to work, he's out here looking like a scared puppy.

I think when's built a reputation for himself before the start of the season (among NBA players) as a guy who dominated college and thinks he'll dominate at the NBA level and in a way, painted a target on his back. Even guards were going at him. I hope this season has humbled him and helped him realise how much work goes into being a truly dominant player in the league.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,931

Post#1472 » by sunsbg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am

Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

00:15 - Nice surprise here, turns out Igor can draw a play for a big man, something I was waiting for all season long :D

Yeah, I think this was the first time that we did that set.

Hopefully we incorporate more plays like that.

Turned out to be the only such play all season long. With improved Igor next season I expect to see it twice. :lol:
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#1473 » by bigfoot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:22 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
00:15 - Nice surprise here, turns out Igor can draw a play for a big man, something I was waiting for all season long :D

Yeah, I think this was the first time that we did that set.

Turned out to be the only such play all season long. With improved Igor next season I expect to see it twice. :lol:

That play shows how Booker attracts the defense and the value of having another point guard like Tyler Johnson available to make decent passes to Ayton. Koko had TJo only for a limited time this season and I imagine has a lot more plays in his pocket like that. To me Koko lacked the personnel (PGs) to run a decent offense all season long.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#1474 » by sunsbg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:11 pm

bigfoot wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Yeah, I think this was the first time that we did that set.

That play shows how Booker attracts the defense and the value of having another point guard like Tyler Johnson available to make decent passes to Ayton. Koko had TJo only for a limited time this season and I imagine has a lot more plays in his pocket like that. To me Koko lacked the personnel (PGs) to run a decent offense all season long.

That only shows a basic play and every average EU PG can do such pass. It doesn't even need to be a PG who passes in such scenario. It shows Igor is far from an offensive genius by running it only once for a season. To me he looks like the type of coach that needs certain players similarly to D'Antoni, so they can look good. On any other team they are below average.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#1475 » by bigfoot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:51 pm

sunsbg wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

That only shows a basic play and every average EU PG can do such pass. It doesn't even need to be a PG who passes in such scenario. It shows Igor is far from an offensive genius by running it only once for a season. To me he looks like the type of coach that needs certain players similarly to D'Antoni, so they can look good. On any other team they are below average.

Or you could recognize Melton and Okobu were below average PGs as rookies which mean Booker couldn't work off ball as much. I don't expect you to like Koko but you can not deny he was not given tools at the PG position this year.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#1476 » by sunsbg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:28 pm

bigfoot wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

Or you could recognize Melton and Okobu were below average PGs as rookies which mean Booker couldn't work off ball as much. I don't expect you to like Koko but you can not deny he was not given tools at the PG position this year.

Not sure bringing two players most here were high on pre-season, but looked awful in Igor's offense, helps defending him. No one expected miracles. Most predictions were for around 30 wins. The other day looking at Clippers starting lineup in G1, I was thinking I would have taken Suns season's starting lineup, which didn't look any good under Kokoskov.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1477 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:44 am

sunsbg wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Not sure bringing two players most here were high on pre-season, but looked awful in Igor's offense, helps defending him. No one expected miracles. Most predictions were for around 30 wins. The other day looking at Clippers starting lineup in G1, I was thinking I would have taken Suns season's starting lineup, which didn't look any good under Kokoskov.

Not sure about that. It was more hope than high expectations. When you have two 2nd round rookies come in and there's a changing narrative that went from oh they are 2nd round rookies to oh they were steals to they were really top 20 talent before even an NBA game, it's going to build a lot of unearned and undeserved hype for their projections. But if we can all be honest, they were never suppose to be anymore than 2nd round rookie PG's who have very little experience playing the 1. This team needed at least some average level playmaking and we consistently got less than that. Even Johnson isn't exactly a creative playmaker.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1478 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#1479 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Need to call BS on this article from Brendan Kleen @ brightside: https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/4/21/18510433/nba-playoffs-tell-us-phoenix-suns-build-deandre-ayton

Brendan argues that traditional centers like Ayton are exposed in the playoffs, and that we need to be prepared for Ayton to be exploited when finally we do arrive. But his examples are... consistent. Gobert this year and last, Towns last year and Jarrett Allen this year. A few things. First, OBVIOUSLY, three of those examples are centers who lost to James Harden's Rockets. Yes, the Rockets will do anything and everything to switch the big onto Harden. But while Ayton has his faults as a defender, switching onto the perimeter is actually his biggest strength. So it's possible Ayton might have more success than Gobert (and Towns) against the Rockets.

Second, Jarrett Allen is being exploited BY ANOTHER TRADITIONAL CENTER, Embiid. The Rockets plays a traditional center, Capela. Blazers and Thunder play traditional centers. Jokic is a center. Even the Warriors play a traditional center at least 20 minutes a night.

Yeah, James Harden is amazing. But the Spurs whooped him two years ago playing Aldridge the most, and Gasol the second most, minutes. Kleen's whole case is essentially that Harden's Rockets tend to destroy Gobert's Jazz. But watching those games, I don't even think Gobert's the main problem. The main problems are that the Rockets are able to limit Mitchell and expose Rubio on offense, and that no one but Jingles is able to bother Harden at all on the other end. At least in game 3, Utah's problems were on offense.

:roll:
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#1480 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:32 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Need to call BS on this article from Brendan Kleen @ brightside: https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/4/21/18510433/nba-playoffs-tell-us-phoenix-suns-build-deandre-ayton

Brendan argues that traditional centers like Ayton are exposed in the playoffs, and that we need to be prepared for Ayton to be exploited when finally we do arrive. But his examples are... consistent. Gobert this year and last, Towns last year and Jarrett Allen this year. A few things. First, OBVIOUSLY, three of those examples are centers who lost to James Harden's Rockets. Yes, the Rockets will do anything and everything to switch the big onto Harden. But while Ayton has his faults as a defender, switching onto the perimeter is actually his biggest strength. So it's possible Ayton might have more success than Gobert (and Towns) against the Rockets.

Second, Jarrett Allen is being exploited BY ANOTHER TRADITIONAL CENTER, Embiid. The Rockets plays a traditional center, Capela. Blazers and Thunder play traditional centers. Jokic is a center. Even the Warriors play a traditional center at least 20 minutes a night.

Yeah, James Harden is amazing. But the Spurs whooped him two years ago playing Aldridge the most, and Gasol the second most, minutes. Kleen's whole case is essentially that Harden's Rockets tend to destroy Gobert's Jazz. But watching those games, I don't even think Gobert's the main problem. The main problems are that the Rockets are able to limit Mitchell and expose Rubio on offense, and that no one but Jingles is able to bother Harden at all on the other end. At least in game 3, Utah's problems were on offense.

:roll:
Yeah I agree with you that some of his points are bad. But I do think there is some danger in building around a C. Creators and wings are very important and if you have a bunch of your cap dedicated to a C you can be left short in those spots. I also think a servicable C is the easiest thing to find on the cheap

With Utah to me their biggest problem is they can only play one way so certain teams like the rockets are just a horrible matchup and theirs no counter they have. To be a good playoff team you either need to be so damn good that other teams have to adjust to you or you need to be deep and flexible and be able to adjust series to series depending on your opponent.

Your point on Rubio is right, he hurts them. It's why I'm mixed on targeting him this summer. On one hand he would absolutely improve the suns and they would be much more competitive. But ultimately his offensive shortcomings probably put a cieling as far as making a deep playoff run. Teams can game plan to force him to shoot and that's a not what you want him doing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Phoenix Suns