Kevin Durant Says Clippers Playing A "Gimmick Defense"

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kevin Durant Says Clippers Playing A "Gimmick Defense"  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:25 am

Kevin Durant said he was going to be more aggressive in his shooting to counteract what he deemed a "gimmick" defense by the Los Angeles Clippers.

"They're playing a gimmick defense which has been working. Top-locking everything on the perimeter, so guys are not even looking at the 3-point line, they're just forcing guys inside the 3-point line. So for us, when I get the ball in my spots, I got a pest, Patrick Beverley, who is up underneath me -- who I can definitely shoot over the top and score every time if it's a one-on-one situation," said Durant.

Durant added that he wasn't going to let Patrick Beverly in his head despite the battle leading to both players getting ejected in game 1.

"I'm not gonna get in the way of the game because I wanna have a little back-and-forth with Patrick Beverley. I'm Kevin Durant. You know who I am. Y'all know who I am."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Re: Kevin Durant Says Clippers Playing A "Gimmick Defense" 

Post#2 » by tigerae » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:40 am

"I'm Kevin Durant. I joined a 73 win championship team to win a championship after I choked against them being up 3-1." ;P

We all know they will win the series but it is fun to watch Beverley annoy him. Especially now that he's on the Clippers and I can root for him.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Kevin Durant Says Clippers Playing A 

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 am

If it's one on one haha this is why Durant is not the best player he has been impossible to double team with Steph and Klay on a stacked team. In the NBA finals LBJ was double and triple teamed still outscored him with a slightly higher fg%.. Durant is a top player but right now is say top 4 he is not even the most important player on his own team come on..
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#4 » by donemilio21 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 am

Pat's already in this dude's head. :lol:
Karl M
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Karl M » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:35 am

Gimmick defense vs gimmick offense should result in a competitive series
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#6 » by Foye » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:58 am

donemilio21 wrote:Pat's already in this dude's head. :lol:

Was about to say that...when you have to say „Im not letting xy in my head“ ..he‘s already in your head!
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,827

Post#7 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:10 pm

I think he'll tear that little crazy man's ass open. KD suddenly underrated here.
JimmyTheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,051

Post#8 » by JimmyTheGreek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:If it's one on one haha this is why Durant is not the best player he has been impossible to double team with Steph and Klay on a stacked team. In the NBA finals LBJ was double and triple teamed still outscored him with a slightly higher fg%.. Durant is a top player but right now is say top 4 he is not even the most important player on his own team come on..

Facts!
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,902

Post#9 » by Jabroni Lames » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Foye wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:Pat's already in this dude's head. :lol:

Was about to say that...when you have to say „Im not letting xy in my head“ ..he‘s already in your head!

lol. Durant: "I'm not going to let Pat Beverley get into my head. No really... I'm not. Seriously, I mean that. I'm not joking around here. Listen to me when I say 'he's not getting into my head'. No sir. Not at all."

Return to Wiretap Discussion