juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Re: Mavs 2019 Draft discussion 

Post#81 » by juanc » Sat Apr 6, 2019 6:52 pm

burek3 wrote:
juanc wrote:
burek3 wrote:
Sure thing. We can go whenever if you are in/near Ljubljana.

Se prav morm počakat še dober mesec :D

Ne, sm mislu dobesedno kadarkoli :D

When you guys hear that song then you know that me and burek are somwhere near

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#82 » by Pointguard01 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 11:24 pm

So, this is very much an overreaction, but I'm falling in love with De'Andre Hunter after that National Championship game. His defense was game changing, and he can play a role on offense. He also showed enough other than spot up shooting that would encourage me. Even without, he seems capable of being a premier defender that can hit 38%+ from 3 (he's a good FT shooter so likely his 40% college 3 will translate).

I've liked Jarrett Culver more but Hunter seems like the perfect SF next to our 2-stars. Really hoping we can jump into the top 4. Even if we get #2 or #3, I'd look to trade back, get Hunter and pick up the asset. I think Hunter can be a really good starter.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,032

Post#83 » by daoneandonly » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:02 pm

Try and win tonight and let Atl have this. Let's focus on the 2nd round pick, FA, and trades
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#84 » by Teffer10 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 pm

I think we should draft Luka this year.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#85 » by arkuo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Any interest on Coby White if we get 4 or 5?
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#86 » by LukaMagic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:52 am

We can't get #5, its either top4 or nothing.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#87 » by arkuo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:04 pm

LukaMagic wrote:We can't get #5, its either top4 or nothing.

Good catch. Thanks for that.

Im looking at Coby White in that range. He may be this draft's Trae Young. 6'5 scoring point guard to play opposite Luka.

Everybody will be looking at Zion or Ja Morant because of the highlight dunks. White may go under the radar. If we pick 4, we'd probably take him at Zion, Morant, and Barrett have to go 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#88 » by juanc » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:45 am

arkuo wrote:
LukaMagic wrote:We can't get #5, its either top4 or nothing.

Good catch. Thanks for that.

Im looking at Coby White in that range. He may be this draft's Trae Young. 6'5 scoring point guard to play opposite Luka.

Everybody will be looking at Zion or Ja Morant because of the highlight dunks. White may go under the radar. If we pick 4, we'd probably take him at Zion, Morant, and Barrett have to go 1, 2 and 3 respectively.

I would take Deandre Hunter if we get the 4th pick. He looks like he's going to be a great defender and he can also stretch the floor. He reminds me of a young Kawahi comming out of college.
Pointguard01
RealGM

Post#89 » by Pointguard01 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:56 pm

arkuo wrote:Any interest on Coby White if we get 4 or 5?

I woudl trade back for him, but he is a solid fit next to Luka in the backcourt, since he can play off ball and isn't a traditional PG, can shoot the 3 and has size.

I would still prefer DeAndre Hunter. He's my #1 target if we don't get the #1 pick. He'd be such a good fit between KP and Luka.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#90 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Not that high. I would trade back to 8-9 range if we really wanted him otherwise I’d rather just stay and pick Ja Morant or trade the pick entirely for veteran help. I’d prefer the latter.
FIRE JASON KIDD
Pointguard01
RealGM

Post#91 » by Pointguard01 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:03 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Not that high. I would trade back to 8-9 range if we really wanted him otherwise I’d rather just stay and pick Ja Morant or trade the pick entirely for veteran help. I’d prefer the latter.

I really against just trading it for a veteran.

Now, if we trade back to #7-#10 AND pick up a veteran, that's great. But, we need cheap young players that can grow and we can retain in 4-years.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#92 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Pointguard01 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Now, if we trade back to #7-#10 AND pick up a veteran, that's great. But, we need cheap young players that can grow and we can retain in 4-years.

I should have been more clear. I meant a combo of veterans and picks. For example, trading #4 to Orlando for a guy like Gordon or Isaac and their pick would be worth it in my opinion. There’s just not many prospects outside Zion and Morant that really jump off the page.
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#93 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Pointguard01 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

I should have been more clear. I meant a combo of veterans and picks. For example, trading #4 to Orlando for a guy like Gordon or Isaac and their pick would be worth it in my opinion. There’s just not many prospects outside Zion and Morant that really jump off the page.

Yeah, that paritcular example i dont see Orl doing given they amde the playoffs and even took a game, but im with you. Though i'd only want Zion, Hunter, or Culver. I think Morant and Barrett are terrible fits with Luka
arkuo
General Manager

Post#94 » by arkuo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:58 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Pointguard01 wrote:

Yeah, that paritcular example i dont see Orl doing given they amde the playoffs and even took a game, but im with you. Though i'd only want Zion, Hunter, or Culver. I think Morant and Barrett are terrible fits with Luka

Here's hoping we get the same luck the Orlando Magic had in 1993 when they lucked out and drafted Chris Webber at number 1.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#95 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:44 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Pointguard01 wrote:

They mainly made the playoffs by default, but you’re probably right. Too bad the Lakers have no talent otherwise they would be a good trade down partner.
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#96 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:48 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

They mainly made the playoffs by default, but you’re probably right. Too bad the Lakers have no talent otherwise they would be a good trade down partner.

Oh I agree, they made it cause the bottom half of the East is trash, but i think theyre going to stick to their guns with Issac/Gordon/Bamba
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#97 » by Darren » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:34 pm

I think highly of drafting Thybulle with Mavs second and Tacko with GSW's second. I'd also want the team to take a chance on Bol Bol by taking on salary. After extending Powell and KP, the Mavs may not be able to offer much for 1st-tier players. Getting elite young player could be a good outcome. WIth all the injury concerns, Bol Bol is the first 7-2 SG on center's body. I think this present a lot of mismatch problem, unfortunately, to ourselves as well. In case it happen, even if a big is roll out to guard the perimeter, there's still a significant shot-blocking forces down low. With Bol Bol and KP, the Mavs could be great getting a speedy guard in FA (Barea? Thomas?) I think also fond of reclamation project like Hezonja as a minimum candidate.
Dundalis
Senior
And1: 543

Post#98 » by Dundalis » Wed May 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Darren wrote:I think highly of drafting Thybulle with Mavs second and Tacko with GSW's second. I'd also want the team to take a chance on Bol Bol by taking on salary. After extending Powell and KP, the Mavs may not be able to offer much for 1st-tier players. Getting elite young player could be a good outcome. WIth all the injury concerns, Bol Bol is the first 7-2 SG on center's body. I think this present a lot of mismatch problem, unfortunately, to ourselves as well. In case it happen, even if a big is roll out to guard the perimeter, there's still a significant shot-blocking forces down low. With Bol Bol and KP, the Mavs could be great getting a speedy guard in FA (Barea? Thomas?) I think also fond of reclamation project like Hezonja as a minimum candidate.

Extensions for KP and Powell will not effect how much the Mavs have to offer FA this offseason. They will still easily have enough to lure players like Middleton, Walker or Vucevic if they want to go after them. There was ZERO reason to trade Harrison Barnes for peanuts if they didn’t plan on having money for a third star. They have already planned for this in advance. I don’t think any deserve max contracts and all have their weaknesses but all would be good pieces as 2nd/3rd option scorers, and won’t effect our ability to go after Giannis in 3 years which I think is going to be the plan, if both Doncic and KP stay healthy and reach their respective potential.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#99 » by Darren » Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm

realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#100 » by realEAST » Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi guys, came for the quick stop :)

Here are some names that are imo interesting names in early 2nd round. Some of them might go earlier - Jerome, Kabengele, and even Claxton is climbing boards lately, but few should be there at #37, and some could even fall lower, and be nice late 2nd steals, if Cuban is willing to invest a bit (Zagars, Bazley, Mann, maybe even Paschall falls)

G: J. Nowell/A. Scofield/J. Pool/T. Mann/A. Zagars
F: E. Paschall/I. Roby/L. King/D. Windler/KZ Okpala/L. Samanic/D. Bazley
C: N. Claxton/M. Kabengele/D. Gafford

* T. Jerome, Q. Grimes, D. Jeffries, I. Brazdeikis, Cody Martin

I'd be especially keen on taking chance on guys like Zagars, Grimes, Jeffries or Martin of they went undrafted (latter two are more likely, Zagars or Grimes would return to Europe/Kansas if they get an indication they won't get picked imo)

Return to Dallas Mavericks