ImageImageImageImage

Our guys played their friggin’ hearts out

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Our guys played their friggin’ hearts out 

Post#1 » by OrlandoSaban » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:33 am

Evan lost this game for us. He has to go. Coach left him in there too long.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Re: Our guys played their friggin’ hearts out 

Post#2 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:35 am

I disagree. I don't think we were lazy or anything, but we've seen better effort. They also spent stretches of this game with bad body language, looking like they were defeated.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#3 » by OrlandoSaban » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 am

Looking like we were defeated? Are you serious?

The guys walking back into the Locker Room after the lost looked exhausted and really upset and basically heart broken.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Post#4 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:03 pm

They were fighting...it's on Cliff to crack the code for game 4 and spring some traps. I didn't see ANY lack of effort, just some mistakes -which I thought were largely good cuts, etc from Raptors. Hard to tell with DJ, he's so expressionless -but he just couldn't get shots up unless it was right in Gasol's face. Funny how the little guys feast on big guys off switches, without hesitation.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#5 » by j-ragg » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:06 pm

I don't think they were lazy or anything, but somewhat careless. A lot of dumb turnovers, falling asleep on defense (Fournier). They played well to make it a game, but it wasn't anything special of a game imo.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,702

Post#6 » by Viper1500 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:26 pm

Fournier - sucked all around
Isaac - 4 v 5 on offense, the guy can't shoot for ****, they leave him wide open
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#7 » by craig01 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:30 pm

The collective backcourt was completely outplayed.

Fournier was awful, Augustin ineffective, MCW did not bring any productivity to the floor.

Hard to win this way.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#8 » by MoMM » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:49 pm

Too many 3pointers, more than 50% of our shots were from 3pt land and we didn't make 30% of them. Can't win this way.

Some dumb mistakes (that defensive rebound that Lowry got in the last minute, some wide open layups... come on!) and plays like this are the cause of our loss.

Leonard didn't play well, still, we didn't win, not sure if he will have another game like that.

The bright side is that Vuc played better in the 2nd half, so perhaps he will continue this way for the next games.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#9 » by Max Power » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:25 pm

You guys are nailing it on the head. I wouldn’t call it laziness that happened, but lack of fire would suffice. Second half they got more serious but at that point it was almost too late. Magic had the opportunity to take the lead 10-15 times in that game. They succeeded twice but gave it back immediately each time. They need to get their killer instinct back. This Raptor team is too good to not be dialed in all 48 minutes.

Evan Fournier had been great the last 4-5 weeks, he really focused on getting his buckets in the paint, but has gone back to taking stationary 3’s and turning the ball over terribly. He really hurt the Magic yesterday and I think if the Magic want to compete in this series it’s time to put T-Ross in his place in the starting lineup. Fournier really needs to be replaced this summer.

We also suffered badly with Wes Iwundu on the floor. Who isn’t a top defender and is offensively useless. I’d trade him out with Jarrell Martin and beef up the paint a bit. With Siakam looking like Karl Malone last night it might be better to get some size in there.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#10 » by j-ragg » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Max Power wrote:We also suffered badly with Wes Iwundu on the floor. Who isn’t a top defender and is offensively useless.

Toronto executes their scouting report. Lowry was leaving Iwundu open like he was Ben Simmons at times, really murders our spacing between him and MCW but at least MCW has been playing good defense and going to the rim.

I think replacing Iwundu with someone even like McDermott would do wonders for the bench.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#11 » by tiderulz » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Max Power wrote:You guys are nailing it on the head. I wouldn’t call it laziness that happened, but lack of fire would suffice. Second half they got more serious but at that point it was almost too late. Magic had the opportunity to take the lead 10-15 times in that game. They succeeded twice but gave it back immediately each time. They need to get their killer instinct back. This Raptor team is too good to not be dialed in all 48 minutes.

Evan Fournier had been great the last 4-5 weeks, he really focused on getting his buckets in the paint, but has gone back to taking stationary 3’s and turning the ball over terribly. He really hurt the Magic yesterday and I think if the Magic want to compete in this series it’s time to put T-Ross in his place in the starting lineup. Fournier really needs to be replaced this summer.

We also suffered badly with Wes Iwundu on the floor. Who isn’t a top defender and is offensively useless. I’d trade him out with Jarrell Martin and beef up the paint a bit. With Siakam looking like Karl Malone last night it might be better to get some size in there.

its also about scouting. You can tell Toronto has scouted the Magic and are stopping the penetration by Evan and DJ. The problem is those are really the only two that can handle the ball and drive to the basket. taking that away from Evan has hurt his confidence, similar to how Gasol has stopped Vuc's post game and it has affected other parts of his game
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#12 » by OrlandO » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:54 pm

I thought the team played hard. Just bricked some forced shots and a ton of open shots. All we needed was one extra three and this could have been a different result. Fournier's got to step up... he's in a very good position to take advantage of the raptors focusing so much on vuc and ross, but he's failing to do so in almost every way.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,650

Post#13 » by thelead » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:58 pm

We beat ourselves. It wasn’t a terrible game but it was winnable and we let it get away. I still think we win the next one and then lose out.
orthoman
Senior
And1: 207

Post#14 » by orthoman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:14 pm

IMO, we have a long-term problem with Vuc at center. During this series, most of his points came when there was a significant
size matchup. When he's guarded by a good big, his inability to score/dominate surfaces..he's slow/too methodical.

Bamba only needs one year of mentorship. I believe it would be a huge mistake for the Magic to spend alot of money on Vucevic
especially for 3-4 years. Let him walk if he gets a sizable offer from another team. The magic can sign a cheap, veteran center
to teach Bamba the basics. We will never get deep into the playoffs with Vuc at center. Perhaps a sign & trade with Vuc?

I would invest the money to resign Ross and get another scorer in the offseason.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#15 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Don't mistake being lazy with simply being outmached by more talented opponent.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bonafide89
Junior
And1: 160

Post#16 » by Bonafide89 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Viper1500 wrote:Fournier - sucked all around
Isaac - 4 v 5 on offense, the guy can't shoot for ****, they leave him wide open
He scored the first 5 points for us

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#17 » by MasterGMer » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:29 pm

We are fine. We just had a bad start which digged a hole for us. We were competitive throughout the game. I agree that we need one or two more pieces. But we are a good team coached by a great coach

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#18 » by Skin » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:37 pm

We are what we are. Nobody thinks we're winning this series. But if people want more of the same the next 4 years then let's sign Vuc to the max and make sure Ross doesn't leave town. That's worth around $40-45M. Sounds like good spending to me! Lol
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#19 » by MasterGMer » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:56 pm

Skin wrote:We are what we are. Nobody thinks we're winning this series. But if people want more of the same the next 4 years then let's sign Vuc to the max and make sure Ross doesn't leave town. That's worth around $40-45M. Sounds like good spending to me! Lol

So you are saying let’s screw this and re-tool and tank again?

I get it. We don’t want mediocrity. But not all super stars are drafted. Kawhi was developed. When he first came to the league, his jumper was horrible. Nobody expected Donovan Mitchell to be an all star. Paul George was also developed.

We have this paradigm that super stars are all like Kyrie or Zion. We need to tank for them.

But player development is underrated and we are on a right track. This year is huge for us even if we don’t beat Toronto. We will be fine and I believe we are going to win, win, win everything

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#20 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Bonafide89 wrote:
Viper1500 wrote:Fournier - sucked all around
He scored the first 5 points for us

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

Then, disappeared going 2 for 9 the rest of the game.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic