ImageImageImageImage

What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,392

Re: What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season? 

Post#41 » by SOUL » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:35 pm

Remember, these are opinions, debating what ~other people want~ is what I don't want happening in this thread.

Sorry, I got caught up last night still need to post mine.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Re: What do you want our roster/starting lineup to look like at the start of next season? 

Post#42 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:01 pm

Shot out of a cannon...

Resign Vucevic, 3/65
Resign Ross, 3/45
Resign Birch for 2/5
Resign Briscoe for minimum

Trade Gordon, Fournier, Frazier Jr. to Portland for McCollum and Turner

Sign JaMychal Green for 2/18 using the MLE, 2nd year team option

Draft Nickeil Alexander-Walker at 16
Draft Chuma Okeke at 46

G: Augustin, Fultz, Briscoe
G: McCollum, Alexander-Walker
F: Ross, Turner, Iwundu
F: Isaac, Green, Okeke
C: Vucevic, Bamba, Birch
penny_nz
Analyst
And1: 1,529

Post#43 » by penny_nz » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:26 pm

To me, looking at this team right now, I would chose to keep T Ross and have him as our 6th man over keeping Vuc. The reason being, watching this current roster play playoff ball, we just need more shooting and I'm just not sure Vuc's game takes us much further than this in the modern NBA. There is no doubt Vuc has had a great year, no one is taking that away from him, but I think the best use of our limited cap $ is on T Ross, try and get him on a 4-5 year / 12-15 mil per year and have him as our 6th man for the foreseeable. Aside from his skills, I love his attitude, I want more of that on this team.

Fultz / DJ / Briscoe
Fournier / T Ross / 16th Pick (Get Fournier off this team if at all possible and replace with a perimeter shooter)
Isaac / Iwundu
Gordon / FA
Bamba / Birch (split minutes till Bamba's body is ready, Birch has earned a backup C spot)
I still believe in Magic! Welcome to the Franz & Paolo era
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#44 » by MagicMatic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Knightro wrote:Shot out of a cannon...

Resign Vucevic, 3/65
Resign Ross, 3/45
Resign Birch for 2/5

Draft Chuma Okeke at 46

So you want to resign Vuc? Wouldn’t have guessed that for whatever reason.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#45 » by KillMonger » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:19 pm

Vuc deal should be alright, I remember people saying AG would be overpaid.....then details of the deal came out and it wasn't an overpay. I feel vuc is going to get a fair deal from us.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#46 » by Knightro » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 pm

MagicMatic wrote:So you want to resign Vuc? Wouldn’t have guessed that for whatever reason.

It's quite difficult for me to separate "want to happen" and "think will happen" admittedly.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#47 » by Bensational » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 pm

Let Vuc and Ross walk. Stretch Moz.

Sign:
Brogdon - $17-18M per for 4 seasons.
Dedmon - $10M per for 4 seasons.
Birch - $6M per for 4 seasons.

Trade:
Fourner + Bamba + 2nds for JRue Holiday

Draft:
NAW

Dedmon/Birch
Gordon/?
Isaac/Iwundu
Brogdon/NAW
JRue/Fultz/DJ
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#48 » by Bakomagic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:27 am

I’d sign Vuc 4 years 80 million with a team option after the third year and Tross to a 4 year 50 million. Draft Fournier replacement (let Fournier walk after his contract is up) maybe take a shot on Kevin Porter (USC) talented scorer who needs to get his head on straight. That’s a team who should be cohesive and have had a little bit of success and playoff experience (Vuc,AG,Ross,Isaac,DJ, Fournier,etc) mixed in with some wildcards who can take them to the next Level (Fultz, Bamba, Kevin Porter,

Let Birch walk (tough but Bamba needs minutes)

Fultz/DJ/Briscoe
Fournier/Ross/Porter
Isaac/Ross/ Iwundu
AG/Isaac
Vuc/Bamba/Mozgof

If Fultz, Porter and the Isaac AG combo look like trash then we can explore trades with them and Moz/DJ expiring for some playmaking Guard/Wing help.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#49 » by thelead » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:48 am

penny_nz wrote:To me, looking at this team right now, I would chose to keep T Ross and have him as our 6th man over keeping Vuc. The reason being, watching this current roster play playoff ball, we just need more shooting and I'm just not sure Vuc's game takes us much further than this in the modern NBA. There is no doubt Vuc has had a great year, no one is taking that away from him, but I think the best use of our limited cap $ is on T Ross, try and get him on a 4-5 year / 12-15 mil per year and have him as our 6th man for the foreseeable. Aside from his skills, I love his attitude, I want more of that on this team.

Fultz / DJ / Briscoe
Fournier / T Ross / 16th Pick (Get Fournier off this team if at all possible and replace with a perimeter shooter)
Isaac / Iwundu
Gordon / FA
Bamba / Birch (split minutes till Bamba's body is ready, Birch has earned a backup C spot)

Well said.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#50 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:57 am

Solid Snake wrote:Vuc deal should be alright, I remember people saying AG would be overpaid.....then details of the deal came out and it wasn't an overpay. I feel vuc is going to get a fair deal from us.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

AG was restricted and there was strong belief around the league we’d match a max deal. Also don’t think as many teams had cap space to even go after AG.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#51 » by zaymon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 am

I have problem understanding other people logic in this thread.
We need passing and shooting. What i read here: Dont resign our best shooters and passers in Vucevic and Fournier. Trade for below average shooter in Jrue Holiday.
Possible answer: Have someone on our team who we can play our offense through, and shrink Vucevic role depending on matchup. If we had a better shot creator, Vuc could play more perimeter and be very effective.
Second thing is trades for stars. I dont think we are at a stage where trading multiple assets for one star is smart. We are nowhere near to contending, and Fultz trade all but confirms it.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#52 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:38 am

zaymon wrote:I have problem understanding other people logic in this thread.
We need passing and shooting. What i read here: Dont resign our best shooters and passers in Vucevic and Fournier. Trade for below average shooter in Jrue Holiday.
Possible answer: Have someone on our team who we can play our offense through, and shrink Vucevic role depending on matchup. If we had a better shot creator, Vuc could play more perimeter and be very effective.
Second thing is trades for stars. I dont think we are at a stage where trading multiple assets for one star is smart. We are nowhere near to contending, and Fultz trade all but confirms it.

Jrue isn't below average passer, he is pretty damn good at it, but he is vocal about hating playing PG.
I think there is even qoute him flat out saying that he hates playing PG.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#53 » by drsd » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:59 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:The regular season matters very little

The regular season is why Orlando is in the playoffs.

Green's defense on the wing is why Orlando is getting blown away.

Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#54 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:33 pm

drsd wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:The regular season matters very little

The regular season is why Orlando is in the playoffs.

Green's defense on the wing is why Orlando is getting blown away.

So you're cool with how Vucevic's playing?
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#55 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:18 pm

renounce Ross
Trade A.G., Wes and Moz to PHX for T.J. Warren, Mikal Bridges, Tyler Johnson and Suns 2nd rd pick.
Fultz/MCW/Briscoe
Evan/Johnson
Warren/ Bridges
J.I. /Draft pick
Vuc/Mo/Birch

Johnson/Moz are contract wash, Johnson would take the Ross roll.
AG has a great contract for Phx, and they'd want him.
Warren has a great contract for us. Add in Bridges, that equals AG output, plus the 2nd pick in the 2nd round.
this moves J.I. to PF.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#56 » by drsd » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:So you're cool with how Vucevic's playing?

Vučević has a playoff PER of 11.59, which is awful for a starter.

(( Isaac's playoff PER is 8.9 and Fournier's is an ice-cold 5.45. ))

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#57 » by MagicMatic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Wanted to update my answer to this after giving it some thought.

Fultz, if he can actually see the floor at any point in his career, is the X factor in the lineup. That’s not necessarily a good thing, but it’s a reality until the guard rotation becomes more clear.

Another big factor is Bamba’s ability to stretch the floor on the offensive end. If he can prove to be at least serviceable, then this will open up the floor for AG and Isaac to work and become more effective. If not, give Birch the lions share of minutes because he’s proven he can play.

Fultz/ DJ / (possibly Edwards)
Fournier/ #16 (NAW, Langford, Herro)
Isaac/ Ross /Iwundu
AG/ (free agent)
Bamba/ Birch

Unfortunately, I don’t think we can afford to let Ross go with our current lack of perimeter offense. I’m in the camp of letting Vuc go either as an asset loss (walking) or as a trade later down the road. Not ideal in the “building upward” ideology, but I think we will have foundational issues and cap issues giving Vuc a long term deal at his position and age.

In an ideal world we move Fournier. I don’t see that happening unless we give up more assets.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#58 » by OrlandoMagic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Jru Holiday
Klay Thompson
Issac
Gordon
Vuc
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#59 » by Skin » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:09 pm

Sorry for the delay... Voive of reason is here now. :lol:

Let Vuc and Ross walk.

Trade this year's 1st and next year's 1st (with some protection) in order to draft PG Darius Garland.

Trade 2nd rounder and cash to move up for SF/PF Chuma Okeke. Or see if Fournier can fetch a higher 2nd round pick to make this pick.

Trade or cut Augustin. I don't want someone here who thinks he deserves big PG minutes.

Trade or stretch Fournier. It's time to cut out losses.

Sign RFA Kelly Oubre to a contract that PHX won't match.

Put Fultz in position where he doesn't have to live up to high expectations. Need him to bring energy of the bench. Possibly in some 2 PG line ups.

PG Garland / Fultz 6th / MCW
SG Oubre / Fultz 6th / Frazier
SF Isaac / Oubre / Iwundu / Okeke
PF Gordon / Isaac / Okeke
C Bamba / Birch / Mozgov
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#60 » by MoMM » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:03 am

Knightro wrote:Shot out of a cannon...

Resign Vucevic, 3/65
Resign Ross, 3/45
Resign Birch for 2/5

Draft Chuma Okeke at 46

I liked it, we will be better with this roster, IMO, however I don't see Portland trading McCollum if they go deep in this playoffs.

The good thing about this playoffs is that probably we will be able to re-sign Vuc cheaper.

Return to Orlando Magic