ImageImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game #5- Orlando Magic (7) vs. Toronto Raptors (2): TOR leads 3-1

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,471

Re: NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game #5- Orlando Magic (7) vs. Toronto Raptors (2): TOR leads 3-1 

Post#621 » by Cyrus » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:52 pm

Outside Observer,

But I think you guys should be proud of where you were and finished in the season. This is the building block, to get your players a taste of the playoffs. Very few teams go into playoffs and within the first year of a playoff and run wild in the playoffs.

Many (Me included) didn't even think you would win a game, but you managed to do so and in an unfriendly environment. You can build on that.

Also seeing so many posters down on Vuv, but you also have to realize he was/is your best player, and Raptors game planned for him. They were sending hard doubles to him pretty much anytime he touched the ball down low, unless he was on the 3 point line, and were forcing him to make quick decisions, and give it up. Same with Terrence Ross, your best bench player. The Raptors would try to hard trap at the top of the 3 point line, sending doubles, again forcing him to give up the ball, and have someone else on the bench, or not name Vuc to beat them. In game that happened, you had your "lesser" guys step up and beat the Raptors. DJ with a huge game. Game 2-5 not so much, as you didn't get enough secondary scoring from your secondary players to able to change the Raps game plan.

You did the same to Raptors with Kawhi, sending doubles when you could, the difference was the ball moved to Pascal, or Gasol, and ball moved around and got good looks from it. Not to say you didn't get good looks either, but when the good look is getting MCW a wide-open 3 or Kyle Lowry or Danny Green a 3, the results are going to be much different.

Anyways good series, Aaron Gordon played his heart out, and hopefully you can build on that. Issac looks like a future pascal out there, he'll get better. Lots of things to look forward to.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game #5- Orlando Magic (7) vs. Toronto Raptors (2): TOR leads 3-1 

Post#622 » by OrlandO » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Cyrus wrote:Outside Observer,

But I think you guys should be proud of where you were and finished in the season. This is the building block, to get your players a taste of the playoffs. Very few teams go into playoffs and within the first year of a playoff run wild in the playoffs.

Many (Me included) didn't even think you would win a game, but you managed to do so and in an unfriendly environment. You can build on that.

Also seeing so many posters down on Vuv, but you also have to realize he was/is your best player, and Raptors game planned for him. They were sending hard doubles to him pretty much anytime he touched the ball down low, unless he was on the 3 point line, and were forcing him to make quick decisions, and give it up. Same with Terrence Ross, your best bench player. The Raptors would try to hard trap at the top of the 3 point line, sending doubles, again forcing him to give up the ball, and have someone else on the bench, or not name Vuc to beat them. In game that happened, you had your "lesser" guys step up and beat the Raptors. DJ with a huge game. Game 2-5 not so much, as you didn't get enough secondary scoring from your secondary players to able to change the Raps game plan.

You did the same to Raptors with Kawhi, sending doubles when you could, the difference was the ball moved to Pascal, or Gasol, and ball moved around and got good looks from it. Not to say you didn't get good looks either, but when the good look is getting MCW a wide-open 3 or Kyle Lowry or Danny Green a 3, the results are going to be much different.

Anyways good series, Aaron Gordon played his heart out, and hopefully you can build on that. Issac looks like a future pascal out there, he'll get better. Lots of things to look forward to.

It's sad the most logical take on the series is from a non-magic fan.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#623 » by SOUL » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:16 pm

zaymon wrote:For all Fournier haters here are Lillard stats from 2 previous playoff runs

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
2017 Portland 4 4 37.8 .433 .281 .960 4.5 3.3 1.3 .5 27.8
2018 Portland 4 4 40.5 .352 .300 .882 4.5 4.8 1.3 .0 18.5

Maybe Fournier will turn into prime Lillard next year!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#624 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:12 pm

OrlandO wrote:
Cyrus wrote:Outside Observer,

But I think you guys should be proud of where you were and finished in the season. This is the building block, to get your players a taste of the playoffs. Very few teams go into playoffs and within the first year of a playoff run wild in the playoffs.

It's sad the most logical take on the series is from a non-magic fan.
well they don’t have a personal bias against any players, so you get logical, educated responses.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#625 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:24 pm

NavalAviator94 wrote:
Knightro wrote:Like I said... if you want Vucevic gone, so be it. I get the appeal of not wanting to be a 38-43 win team that gets drilled in the first round every year.

Just understand what comes with letting him walk.

The Magic will win about 20 games next year if they dump Vucevic.

if you're ok with returning to that level of uncompetitiveness, so be it.

Exactly. I for one am not.

Many of these posters need to go look back at the Milwaukee Bucks and the Toronto Raptors records over the past 6 years. In/Out, early exits etc. We are playing a team that has the personnel to stop our best players and as such we look terrible.

These guys overall will get better but make no mistake, we need more/better shooting and a serious upgrade in our starting PG.

I want to see these guys continue to grow. Don't overpay and when the opportunity strikes, make trades and upgrade as needed. There's a very strong likelihood this Toronto team won't be around next year as they are all in.
well and I bet a lot of them are the same ones complaining about others teams doing it without tanking. The worst position a team can be in is limbo so I’m fine with bringing our best player back along with Ross, and hopefully adding talent, or letting them both go and tanking. Both scenerios are a defined direction that I can prepare for.
#2A
#Adopt
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#626 » by Knightro » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:well and I bet a lot of them are the same ones complaining about others teams doing it without tanking. The worst position a team can be in is limbo so I’m fine with bringing our best player back along with Ross, and hopefully adding talent, or letting them both go and tanking. Both scenerios are a defined direction that I can prepare for.

I'm with you.

I just don't want to see them hedge. Pick a lane and go after it aggressively.

Either attempt to build off the progress made this season and make the necessarily upgrades talent-wise to the roster to improve the roster to a level above the 42 they won this year.

OR...

Say that you think this group as presently constructed is maxed out as a low 40s win team and bringing Vucevic and Ross wouldn't make long-term sense for the franchise. Let them walk knowing you'll take a step backwards, but look to retool over the next 2 offseasons around Fultz-Gordon-Isaac-Bamba.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#627 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:30 pm

Knightro wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:well and I bet a lot of them are the same ones complaining about others teams doing it without tanking. The worst position a team can be in is limbo so I’m fine with bringing our best player back along with Ross, and hopefully adding talent, or letting them both go and tanking. Both scenerios are a defined direction that I can prepare for.

I'm with you.

I just don't want to see them hedge. Pick a lane and go after it aggressively.

Either attempt to build off the progress made this season and make the necessarily upgrades talent-wise to the roster to improve the roster to a level above the 42 they won this year.

OR...

Say that you think this group as presently constructed is maxed out as a low 40s win team and bringing Vucevic and Ross wouldn't make long-term sense for the franchise. Let them walk knowing you'll take a step backwards, but look to retool over the next 2 offseasons around Fultz-Gordon-Isaac-Bamba.
Agreed. I don’t want the FO pussyfooting around. Pick a lane.
#2A
#Adopt

Return to Orlando Magic