So What Next? (aka WTF we do this offseason)

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

So What Next? (aka WTF we do this offseason) 

Post#1 » by SecondTake » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Where should OKC go this off season to bring this train wreck back to contention in 2020?

For me...

1. Fire Donovan (Why hasn't this yet happened today?)
2. Dump Merkieff & Nader
3. Sign a starting SG that can shoot from outside (and put Ferg back on the bench) If Ferg makes a big enough jump (big IF), then maybe he can stay as a starter.
4. Trade Adams for shooter(s). He's great but costs too much and doesn't do enough for it. A much cheaper stretch 5 or garbage man could be had freeing up space for shooters.
5. Sign at least one more outside shooter in addition to a shooting SG.
6. Noel will be a big loss... Get a stretch 5 to replace him.
7. Make Roberson either a bench 3 or 4.

PS: Also make sure Ferg lives in the weight room and puts on at least 10lb of muscle, preferably 15+.

Bonus: Fire Donovan twice.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Re: So What Next? (aka WTF we do this offseason) 

Post#2 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:50 pm

What team is giving you shooters for Adams? What vet minimum shooters do you think OKC should be adding? What vet minimum stretch 5s are you targeting? Who do you use the tax MLE on as I assume you would be offering that to the SG you want?
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#3 » by SecondTake » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:What team is giving you shooters for Adams? What vet minimum shooters do you think OKC should be adding? What vet minimum stretch 5s are you targeting? Who do you use the tax MLE on as I assume you would be offering that to the SG you want?

What do you suggest we do?

We cant stand pat.

Unfortunately I'm not sure we get much for Adams because he's overpaid and shooters are at a premium. Guys that can spot up at league average or above are not that rare anymore so I'm pretty sure we could pick them up. 3&D guys without the D.

We don't necessarily need a stretch 5 (although if we keep Schroder it would help), but the Lakers had a assembly line of cheap Centers that over performed all year. Getting a decent center that can grab a few rebounds shouldn't cost of 20+ mil.

Not sure who will be available yet, but they have to pounce on any decent shooter that is. And we can't be drafting an athlete freak again that we "hope" will be able to do something in the nba.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,026

Post#4 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:18 pm

there's a thread for this.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#5 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 pm

slick_watts wrote:there's a thread for this.

You should be a mod again. This forum needs you.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#6 » by SecondTake » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 pm

slick_watts wrote:there's a thread for this.

whoops, didn't notice. :o

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder