Luke Walton to be hired as Sacramento's new head coach

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Re: Luke Walton to be hired as Sacramento's new head coach 

Post#21 » by bleeds_purple » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:51 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:Luke strikes me as the kind of guy who is willing to learn from his mistakes.

I hope so. He said during his press conference that the coaching staff wasn't set yet. Hopefully that's accurate.

Living in LA the two biggest complaints I heard about Walton were that his rotations were terrible and he filed his roster with AZ cronies. So yea, hopefully that's a sign we won't be seeing the latter at least.

The same people said he was really good with connecting with the young guys so I have hope.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,561

Post#22 » by Matches Malone » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:35 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#23 » by BoogieTime » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 am

It’s always something with this team.

Damn.
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#24 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:19 am

If a man invites a woman to his hotel room what's the implication?
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#25 » by sacking123 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:19 am

bleeds_purple wrote:If a man invites a woman to his hotel room what's the implication?

Let's not go there. Anyway, the implication was to discuss the possibility of a foreward in a book according to the wiretap.

It's strange timing of this coming out though and will be interesting to follow.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#26 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:24 am

simonbampfield wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:If a man invites a woman to his hotel room what's the implication?

Let's not go there. Anyway, the implication was to discuss the possibility of a foreward in a book according to the wiretap.

It's strange timing of this coming out though and will be interesting to follow.

In the middle of the night?

And no that wasn't the implication. The whole point of an implication is that it's implied, not said. "Join me for a coffee". The book is the coffee.

I'm not saying she's lying. I'm just saying it sounds a little fishy to me.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#27 » by KF10 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:36 am

Jesus. Can we even have a regular coaching process?? Or the Kings will always be cursed in this regard?
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by sacking123 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:39 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:

In the middle of the night? And no that wasn't the implication. The overt reason was the book but the implication was likely sex. "Join me for a coffee". The book is the coffee.

I'm not saying she's lying. I'm just saying it sounds a little fishy to me.

Oh I agree it sounds a little fishy.
I just don't like the whole presumption of if a woman goes into a hotel room with a man then that means sex. It doesn't, never has and never will. It doesn't matter what time it was. It was when he was with the Warriors as an assistant, they might have had a game that night so what time would they get back to the hotel lobby?
If you are doing business with someone in this type of industry then the hours are quite different.
Not saying that was the case.

I think the fishy part is with the timing. I don't buy that she has come out now because of job security.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#29 » by City of Trees » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:31 am

Walton has been wealthy for sometime now so I don't see why anyone would try to connect dots to the suit timing with the Kings hiring Luke. Walton has been able to hand out a big payday so I'm not buying the new Contract noise.

If anything maybe she felt secure knowing he was no longer working near LA.?

Regardless of the timing it's important to get the facts before jumping to conclusions on either side.
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by sacking123 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 am

City of Trees wrote:Walton has been wealthy for sometime now so I don't see why anyone would try to connect dots to the suit timing with the Kings hiring Luke. Walton has been able to hand out a big payday so I'm not buying the new Contract noise.

If anything maybe she felt secure knowing he was no longer working near LA.?

Regardless of the timing it's important to get the facts before jumping to conclusions on either side.

I think the timing was more to do with leaving the Lakers. After reading the locked thread a poster had some interesting things later on in regards to this lady.
I just hope this hits a court room. If Luke believes he is innocent he needs to fight it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#31 » by City of Trees » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:44 am

Quick PSA to all:

I haven't seen any issues yet so I want to get ahead of this thing... Let's keep the conversation within forum rules.

If you are visiting we encourage your involvement but keep it clean.

-City of Trees
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#32 » by BoogieTime » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:13 pm

She seemed believable in her interview to me. I feel wrong having an interest in the Kings voiding his contract because I want Messina coaching the team, but it will be interesting what they do
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#33 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 am

BoogieTime wrote:She seemed believable in her interview to me. I feel wrong having an interest in the Kings voiding his contract because I want Messina coaching the team, but it will be interesting what they do

Voiding his contract based purely on an allegation would set a hugely negative precedent. If teams really started firing players/coaches/etc. only based off an allegation you are simply setting up everyone in the league for extortion.

There is due process for a reason.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#34 » by BoogieTime » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:06 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:She seemed believable in her interview to me. I feel wrong having an interest in the Kings voiding his contract because I want Messina coaching the team, but it will be interesting what they do

Voiding his contract based purely on an allegation would set a hugely negative precedent. If teams really started firing players/coaches/etc. only based off an allegation you are simply setting up everyone in the league for extortion.

I hear you man, that’s why I feel wrong for it.

Still, Luke is kind of putting us in a tough position with this stuff? I’m not sure he’d be hired as of tonight. And I hope this stuff doesn’t taint himself to the players as he walks in
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#35 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:18 am

BoogieTime wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:

Still, Luke is kind of putting us in a tough position with this stuff? I’m not sure he’d be hired as of tonight. And I hope this stuff doesn’t taint himself to the players as he walks in

If the facts end up showing he did nothing wrong then the only person who'd be putting us in a bad position would be the accuser. I know we live in the era of instant judgment and 24/7 coverage but sometimes we need to take a wait-and-see approach.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#36 » by BoogieTime » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:03 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:

If the facts end up showing he did nothing wrong then the only person who'd be putting us in a bad position would be the accuser. I know we live in the era of instant judgment and 24/7 coverage but sometimes we need to take a wait-and-see approach.

I think it might be forever a he/she said situation. The statistics of false accusation are minor I believe, and she’s a relatively credible source (given her career/status).

It’s a case that could drag on or may be settled. But it’s still IMO putting a wrong foot forward, unless somehow it comes to light she’s completely making it up (which IMO would be the minority).
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by sacking123 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:18 am

BoogieTime wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I think it might be forever a he/she said situation. The statistics of false accusation are minor I believe, and she’s a relatively credible source (given her career/status).

It’s a case that could drag on or may be settled. But it’s still IMO putting a wrong foot forward, unless somehow it comes to light she’s completely making it up (which IMO would be the minority).

Well Mark Baute has said they will prove it in court. So at this very early stage they are going the whole way with this. I'm not sure what proof either side can/would have, but we'll see.

If it does become a settlement out of court or something of that nature, then he should absolutely be dismissed. IMO rightly or wrongly, Luke will need to prove that he is innocent. The statement from Baute has all but laid that path.

I don't buy the conversation Tennant stated they had prior to getting in the elevator. That's a weird thing to think given their relationship at that point in time.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#38 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:29 am

simonbampfield wrote:If it does become a settlement out of court or something of that nature, then he should absolutely be dismissed.

Something like 95-99% of civil lawsuits end in settlement. The expectation from the judge when any case is filed is that it will be settled.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#39 » by BoogieTime » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:40 am

There is a good piece on SactownRoyalty about the Kings should be looking to dismiss him, as the case looks to hang over the franchise either way
sacking123
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by sacking123 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:48 am

bleeds_purple wrote:
simonbampfield wrote:If it does become a settlement out of court or something of that nature, then he should absolutely be dismissed.

Something like 95-99% of civil lawsuits end in settlement. The expectation from the judge when any case is filed is that it will be settled.

Absolutely. And I think everyone would have said this is exactly how this was going to end.
However Luke's lawyer is directly quoted as saying
“These claims are false and Luke’s innocence will be proven in court. Yesterday’s press conference was a poorly staged attempt to portray the accuser as a viable spokesperson for an important movement. Her lawyers want to create a public circus to distract from their complete lack of evidence to support their outrageous claims. We will not try this case in the media or pay them a dime.”

If Luke settles this, there is no doubt about it, he is guilty, this isn't a case of, well it's just easier for it to go away, Baute has put an end to that.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings

Return to Sacramento Kings