Boxing Thread 4.0

Moderator: lilfishi22

Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,485

Re: Boxing Thread 4.0 

Post#1741 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Crawford seems to be a coward, if you know all the big fights are with haymon and u know haymon and top rank won't play together, why would u re sign with top rank last year and keep fighting tomato cans

Get out of here with that garbage.

We have no stakes in this game, and we don't get a piece of any of their percentages. But to blame this on Crawford signing withTop Rank sounds like PBC groupie talk. You can easily make the argument that Spence should drop Haymon as his advisor knowing that uncle Al doesn't want to do business with Top Rank. You hear that crazy talk from Ellerbe the other day? He basically said that there are no fans that want to see a fight between Spence and Crawford.

The only ones to blame here are Arum and Haymon. Their massive egos are preventing a fight from happening. Instead of doing what's in the best interest of the sport and their fighters, they're both letting their feelings get in the way of doing good business.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1742 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:25 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Loma is the GOAT ! He needs to fight Gervonta Davis now

Easy work for Loma. Gervonta doesn't do one thing better than Loma except for maybe being a harder puncher. Loma is literally better than Gervonta in almost every aspect of the fight game. Also, Gervonta wouldn't be able to overwhelm or bully him in the ring, something that he has done with the majority of his opponents.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#1743 » by Pinkyring » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:42 pm

Butch718 wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Crawford seems to be a coward, if you know all the big fights are with haymon and u know haymon and top rank won't play together, why would u re sign with top rank last year and keep fighting tomato cans

Get out of here with that garbage.

We have no stakes in this game, and we don't get a piece of any of their percentages. But to blame this on Crawford signing withTop Rank sounds like PBC groupie talk. You can easily make the argument that Spence should drop Haymon as his advisor knowing that uncle Al doesn't want to do business with Top Rank. You hear that crazy talk from Ellerbe the other day? He basically said that there are no fans that want to see a fight between Spence and Crawford.

The only ones to blame here are Arum and Haymon. Their massive egos are preventing a fight from happening. Instead of doing what's in the best interest of the sport and their fighters, they're both letting their feelings get in the way of doing good business.

It isnt just spence and im not a groupie fact is the top welterweights are spence crawford porter thurman garcia and pac in no order if the other 5 are on one side and you're on then why would you stay there?
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1744 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Because Top Rank made him a star in this business. They promoted him the right way. Why would he leave?

He's not the one avoiding any fighters, and to act as if he's the one doing so comes off extremely disingenuous.

And it still doesn't change the fact that Haymon and Arum are petty as f*ck.

PBC fighters only fighting PBC fighters isn't good for the sport either.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,572

Post#1745 » by Rich Rane » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:26 pm

Butch718 wrote:I don’t feel sorry anyone that was dumb enough to purchase this fight. You all should know better. Khan has been living off what he accomplished pre-Garcia. If you watched his fights post-Canelo, you would know for certain that he had no chance. Low blow or not, Crawford completely outclassed him and was on his way to an eventual stoppage, which was expected.

I didn't order it. I'm not paying for any Crawford or Spence PPV until they fight each other.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#1746 » by Papi_swav » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:30 pm

Butch718 wrote:

Easy work for Loma. Gervonta doesn't do one thing better than Loma except for maybe being a harder puncher. Loma is literally better than Gervonta in almost every aspect of the fight game. Also, Gervonta wouldn't be able to overwhelm or bully him in the ring, something that he has done with the majority of his opponents.

I wouldn't say easy work, I think he does win and I hope he shuts that cocky son of a gun up too. But Gervonta is no slouch, he has power that can change a fight. He destroyed Pedraza and Pedraza gave Loma alot of trouble surprisingly. I know styles make fights but Loma vs Gervonta is the best fight that can happen in that division right now. And Loma is not getting any younger, he's already 33. We've seen father time catch up to fighters in just 1 fight. Like how GGG dominated Canelo but the 2nd fight GGG showed his age. Loma is the GOAT tho, he's so unique I don't think I've ever seen any1 like him.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#1747 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 pm

Butch718 wrote:

He doesn't just punch harder. He has great balance and places shots beautifully in the pocket. Those uppercuts are insane. Love him or hate him, the guy is super effective.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1748 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:52 pm

GGG leaving Sanchez is pretty damn interesting. I realize that this is about pay, pretty clearly. But it's of note that Abel was clear in the immediate aftermath of the Canelo fight that GGG had not fought how they'd trained to AND he was pretty honest about them having lost that fight. Pretty un-politic of him.

Also, LOL @ Paulie still insisting that GGG won that fight. GGG's coach admits, a) they lost, b) that Canelo was able to assert his will and force GGG to drop their gameplan.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1749 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:53 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

He doesn't just punch harder. He has great balance and places shots beautifully in the pocket. Those uppercuts are insane. Love him or hate him, the guy is super effective.

I think Loma neutralizes him pretty easily. The problem for Gervonta is that Loma won't stay in the pocket long enough for him to plant and land. He's going to dance around and use his footwork to his advantage.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#1750 » by Papi_swav » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:GGG leaving Sanchez is pretty damn interesting. I realize that this is about pay, pretty clearly. But it's of note that Abel was clear in the immediate aftermath of the Canelo fight that GGG had not fought how they'd trained to AND he was pretty honest about them having lost that fight. Pretty un-politic of him.

Also, LOL @ Paulie still insisting that GGG won that fight. GGG's coach admits, a) they lost, b) that Canelo was able to assert his will and force GGG to drop their gameplan.

The judges should of rigged the 2nd fight the same way they rigged the 1st one and called it a draw. Because GGG clearly beat the crap out of Canelo the 1st fight, it wasn't even close and it's a shame that boxing sucks off the cash cow no matter what. Canelo also lost to Lara. De La Hoya has boxing in a strong hold. The only way to beat Canelo is by knocking him out because clearly out boxing him in almost every round doesn't work.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1751 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

I wouldn't say easy work, I think he does win and I hope he shuts that cocky son of a gun up too. But Gervonta is no slouch, he has power that can change a fight. He destroyed Pedraza and Pedraza gave Loma alot of trouble surprisingly. I know styles make fights but Loma vs Gervonta is the best fight that can happen in that division right now. And Loma is not getting any younger, he's already 33. We've seen father time catch up to fighters in just 1 fight. Like how GGG dominated Canelo but the 2nd fight GGG showed his age. Loma is the GOAT tho, he's so unique I don't think I've ever seen any1 like him.

GGG showed a slight decline and many still believe he won. Even at his age he probably beats every other middleweight on this planet in a fairly judged fight.

Also, Loma is only 31 years old. He has a lot less wear and tear on his body because she spent a lot of it in the amateurs. I would say he has another 3-4 years of elite level boxing left in him.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1752 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:07 pm

I have no faith in Jacobs winning a clean decision over Canelo.

Byrd somehow got picked to judge this fight. She's the same judge that scored it 118-110 for Canelo in the first fight. She's a corrupt, incompetent PoS.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1753 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:10 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Also, LOL @ Paulie still insisting that GGG won that fight. GGG's coach admits, a) they lost, b) that Canelo was able to assert his will and force GGG to drop their gameplan.

I saw the fight with my own eyes and I believe GGG won the second fight. Unless the majority of the fans as well as the actual writers and media at ringside that score the fight are all un-knowledgeable hacks that don't know jack sh*t about boxing.

Paulie insisting GGG won the fight isn't absurd at all. Unless he's talking about McGregor or Pacquiao, he's one of the best analyst around. And this is coming from someone that can't stand the dude.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#1754 » by Papi_swav » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:13 pm

Butch718 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Butch718 wrote:

GGG showed a slight decline and many still believe he won. Even at his age he probably beats every other middleweight on this planet in a fairly judged fight.

Also, Loma is only 31 years old. He has a lot less wear and tear on his body because she spent a lot of it in the amateurs. I would say he has another 3-4 years of elite level boxing left in him.

IDK GGG clearly lost a step in that last fight and he definitely lost that one. He won the 1st one though but we all know boxing is rigged for Canelo.

You're right, i thought Loma was 33 but yea at 31 he should have 3-4 years left. I just hope Gervonta don't follow Mayweathers foot steps and wait until Loma is 38 years old and washed up to fight him.

And how in the hell does Byrd still have a job?!!! this is ridiculous !! This fight is already over before it started because Jacobs will not get his fair due. Like I said in the previous post, the only way to beat Canelo is by knocking him out because out boxing him will not get u the win unfortunately .
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1755 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Butch718 wrote:I don’t feel sorry anyone that was dumb enough to purchase this fight. You all should know better. Khan has been living off what he accomplished pre-Garcia. If you watched his fights post-Canelo, you would know for certain that he had no chance. Low blow or not, Crawford completely outclassed him and was on his way to an eventual stoppage, which was expected.

I didn't order it. I'm not paying for any Crawford or Spence PPV until they fight each other.

DAZN doesn't seem like a bad deal. Rungsevei and Canelo should get you money's worth if you pay monthly.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1756 » by Butch718 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:17 pm

No one is knocking Canelo fight. That dude took some nasty shots in his last fight with GGG and never went down once.
quickeyg
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#1757 » by quickeyg » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Saturday 27, April 2019
Wembley Arena, Wembley, London, United Kingdom

BIG Heavyweight fight - Dubois is one scary mofo when he gets going, I wouldn't mess with him. (Enjoy the fight)

Daniel Dubois vs Richard Lartey

TV - ESPN+ (USA) -
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1758 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Butch718 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Also, LOL @ Paulie still insisting that GGG won that fight. GGG's coach admits, a) they lost, b) that Canelo was able to assert his will and force GGG to drop their gameplan.

I saw the fight with my own eyes and I believe GGG won the second fight. Unless the majority of the fans as well as the actual writers and media at ringside that score the fight are all un-knowledgeable hacks that don't know jack sh*t about boxing.

Paulie insisting GGG won the fight isn't absurd at all. Unless he's talking about McGregor or Pacquiao, he's one of the best analyst around. And this is coming from someone that can't stand the dude.

I've seen that fight like four times. It's beyond me how anyone didn't see GGG get beaten.

Paulie thinks GGG didn't get beat because - out of his own pride and interest - he wants to insist that fighters can win on their backfoot. I agree, if that's their strategy. But GGG wasn't on his backfoot because he wanted to be, he was on his backfoot because Canelo wasn't letting him lean into his front. Abel himself admitted this. GGG's not once ever fought that way and their intent was to do no different that night. The reason for the difference? Canelo. He was smashing through GGG's guard, he was hurting him to the body. GGG was forced to back up.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#1759 » by Butch718 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:59 pm

So are also saying that 80 percent of those that thought GGG won, can't admit he lost because of pride and self interest? I've seen the fight a ton of times too and I still came to the same conclusion, GGG won. At worst, he gets a draw. But I can't find 7 or more rounds to give definitively to Canelo. So no, it's not clear to me that he won.

You're pretty familiar with me as a poster. I think you know that I'm one of the more knowledgeable boxing heads on this forum. But on this, we have a different opinion, which is okay.

I remember Max Kellerman saying throughout the fight that Canelo was winning the story of the night because GGG wasn't pushing Canelo back. It was such a horsesh*t narrative. BTW GGG not backing up Canelo was true, but that doesn't mean he wasn't winning the exchanges, especially during the second half of the fight. Sure it wasn't his strategy, but he landed some really good shots on Canelo and last I checked jabs are still scored in boxing. So while it wasn't the pace he tried to dictate, that doesn't mean he wasn't effective fighting off the back foot.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#1760 » by GS Warriors 1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:48 am

I think Easter-Barthelemy is the worst fight I've seen in the last 5 years, at least.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts