The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,765

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#821 » by Rafael122 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:29 pm

TGW wrote:None of these QBs except for Murray are worth trading up for. Haskins--definitely not. Dude gives me a Byron Leftwich vibe. Lock is a better prospect IMO but not worth trading up for.

I'd be more inclined to TRADE DOWN and nab more picks, but since when have the Redskins ever done anything like that lol.

They've traded down every year the last couple of years IIRC.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#822 » by TGW » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:37 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
TGW wrote:None of these QBs except for Murray are worth trading up for. Haskins--definitely not. Dude gives me a Byron Leftwich vibe. Lock is a better prospect IMO but not worth trading up for.

I'd be more inclined to TRADE DOWN and nab more picks, but since when have the Redskins ever done anything like that lol.

They've traded down every year the last couple of years IIRC.

I should have been more specific...I meant this front office (not the Scotty Mac era...he was smart enough to do it), and also trading down from a #1 pick.

Egh...the only thing I'm looking forward to tonight is Darryl Green announcing the pick. The pick itself doesn't excite me.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TGW
RealGM

Post#823 » by TGW » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:43 pm

btw I thought this was a good link for rating mock draft accuracy:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#824 » by Dat2U » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:14 pm

Curious as to why Leftwich as a comparison? I don't see it at all.
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#825 » by Shoe » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Dat2U wrote:

They both wear 7, both have cement feet, both have unorthodox mechanics. Leftwich was on his way to being a top QB in 2005 going 8-3 with 15td -5int before breaking his ankle, then he broke it again in 2006 and that was a wrap.

I don't love Haskins at all though.

That channel has full game videos of all the prospects. Haskins isn't worth trading a future 1st for in my opinion. Kyler Murray is the complete package though. Arm strength, accuracy, poise, quick release.

TGW
RealGM

Post#826 » by TGW » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:01 pm

Dat2U wrote:

Scot McCloughan: "Haskins fits Leftwich to a T."

The windup on the release is similar. Their awkwardness once they leave the pocket is similar. Their over-dependence on arm strength is similar. And I actually loved Leftwich out of college.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#827 » by Dat2U » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Leftwich was a statue in the pocket. He had no mobility at all. Haskins isn't a running QB but he is mobile within the pocket. I think Haskins has better touch and accuracy than Leftwich and processes through his progressions quickly. Leftwich tended to wait until a receiver was open and didn't get the ball out as quickly as he should - thus he took a lot of unnecessary shots.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#828 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:02 pm

Yeah, the QB I've heard hm compared to the most that makes sense to me is Ben Rothlisburger - though he's not quite as big. He's that style of QB - with a nice arm, great accuracy, sees the field very well, mobile in the pocket though a slow runner, doesn't go down easily. Leftwich wasn't even an athlete, imo.

And hey, if you listen to Screamin A. Smith, you know Haskins is a running QB. :)
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gtn130
Analyst
And1: 2,740

Post#829 » by gtn130 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Yeah I don't see the Leftwich comp at all. Scot M also said that Josh Doctson is Alshon Jeffery, and he additionally can't hold onto a job so I don't think that appeal to authority works too well.
gtn130
Analyst

Post#830 » by gtn130 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:09 pm

Rosen is a better prospect than everyone but Murray. Gonna be disappointed if they draft a QB, and I'll probably quit watching the team completely if they draft Daniel Jones. Just lol @ that guy being drafted
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#831 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 pm

gtn130 wrote:Rosen is a better prospect than everyone but Murray. Gonna be disappointed if they draft a QB, and I'll probably quit watching the team completely if they draft Daniel Jones. Just lol @ that guy being drafted

I worry about Rosen's intangibles. He sounded like a douche after last year's draft. I've seen it too many times - when a QB gets a bad guy label, it's hard to shake it off - going back to Jay Schroeder, then George, and then Cutler. I'd be real surprised if he ends up a winner in the NFL.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#832 » by Dat2U » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Rosen reminds me alot of Sam Bradford but I'm not a Bradford fan either.

The guy that scares me is Daniel Jones. I think he's got a real high chance of flaming out quickly. I'd draft Trace McSorley before I'd go Jones. I'm that low on him.
gtn130
Analyst

Post#833 » by gtn130 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Ruzious wrote:
gtn130 wrote:Rosen is a better prospect than everyone but Murray. Gonna be disappointed if they draft a QB, and I'll probably quit watching the team completely if they draft Daniel Jones. Just lol @ that guy being drafted

I worry about Rosen's intangibles. He sounded like a douche after last year's draft. I've seen it too many times - when a QB gets a bad guy label, it's hard to shake it off - going back to Jay Schroeder, then George, and then Cutler. I'd be real surprised if he ends up a winner in the NFL.

Could be. I just don't like the QB talent in this draft aside from Murray. Rosen certainly has his warts, and is coming off a bad rookie year with his team moving on from him.

These other dudes just don't cut it IMO and the redskins should have been in the market for a young QB last year.
gtn130
Analyst

Post#834 » by gtn130 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Dat2U wrote:Rosen reminds me alot of Sam Bradford but I'm not a Bradford fan either.

I'm the last Sam Bradford fan. He never had even close to a decent offensive line, and he spent a big chunk of his career withering away under Jeff Fisher. Injuries certainly didn't help either.

There were glimpses where Bradford looked phenomenal and it usually coincided with the protection being good. If things broke his way in his career, Bradford would have been a better Kirk Cousins / worse Drew Brees. Made a couple pro bowls and been good enough to lead a SB team IMO. Easy to see why he went #1 overall.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#835 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:07 pm

gtn130 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Rosen reminds me alot of Sam Bradford but I'm not a Bradford fan either.

I'm the last Sam Bradford fan. He never had even close to a decent offensive line, and he spent a big chunk of his career withering away under Jeff Fisher. Injuries certainly didn't help either.

There were glimpses where Bradford looked phenomenal and it usually coincided with the protection being good. If things broke his way in his career, Bradford would have been a better Kirk Cousins / worse Drew Brees. Made a couple pro bowls and been good enough to lead a SB team IMO. Easy to see why he went #1 overall.

I remember predicting gloom and doom for him before his draft because he had recently badly injured his shoulder for the second time. And it seemed like he was always damaged goods to some degree.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#836 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:10 pm

Any chance Sweat or Josh Allen slide to 15?
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#837 » by tontoz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:09 am

The guy that scares me is Daniel Jones. I think he's got a real high chance of flaming out quickly. I'd draft Trace McSorley before I'd go Jones. I'm that low on him.

Never fear, the Giants are here. :lol:
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#838 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:41 am

And Cincy does NOT pick a QB at 11. After the 12th pick, both Haskins and Sweat are still there. It's possible they go 13 and 14, but if they don't, gotta figure the Skins pick 1 of those 2, and I'll be happy.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#839 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:04 am

tontoz wrote:

Never fear, the Giants are here. :lol:

We'll probably discuss this for more than a decade, but right now... I feel like the Skins owned the Giants in this first round. Haskins is a sure a thing as I've seen. Jones just isn't.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#840 » by tontoz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:05 am

I am fine with Haskins. Colin Cowherd knows the NFL pretty well and was saying the Giants should pick him at 6.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD

Return to Washington Wizards