ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Redskins Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#841 » by Shoe » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:24 am

Wow I can't believe we got Haskins and Sweat without losing our 2020 first.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#842 » by TGW » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:33 am

I hope they don't start Haskins this year and he gets to sit and learn. I honestly don't have much faith in the o-line to keep him upright and healthy the entire year. Don't RGIII him.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#843 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:48 am

The Skins have the makings of a ridiculous front seven.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#844 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:45 am

Ruzious wrote:And Cincy does NOT pick a QB at 11. After the 12th pick, both Haskins and Sweat are still there. It's possible they go 13 and 14, but if they don't, gotta figure the Skins pick 1 of those 2, and I'll be happy.

They didn't get one or the other; they got both. That's quite a splash. Sweat actually ran a 4.41 40 at 6'6 260 lbs at the combine and was generally considered the top player at the Senior Bowl. I hate giving up next year's 2nd, but that was a good trade. I was afraid they were going to use the pick on DK Metcalf. Both Sweat and Metcalf are freak athletes, but the difference between them is Sweat was a very productive football player. Skins really needed an athlete like him and need to add more speed, and he complements Kerrigan so well - much like Charles Mann benefited from having Dexter Manley. Still.. if the Skins are saying they're ready to compete for anything this season, they're nuts.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#845 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Shoe
Bench Warmer

Post#846 » by Shoe » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:59 pm

I can see the biggest reason Haskins fell. In the game against Michigan when he tore up their #1 defense for 20/31, 400 yards 5 TD

I'm seeing 15 out of the 20 completions come on passes that traveled in the air 5 yards or less.

Again per PFF, 644 of his passing yards and six of his touchdowns came on screens, by far the most of any Power-5 quarterback. Both Murray and Missouri’s Drew Lock were tasked to throw more passes beyond the sticks than Haskins was, and in Murray’s case, it was a lot more—55.2% to Haskins’ 41.7%.

The good news about Haskins is that his bad throws aren't interceptions. He looks like a west coast style QB. I think his floor is an Alex Smith type game manager.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#847 » by tontoz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Dave Gettleman just spoke into a live microphone and said he fell in love with a quarterback (Daniel Jones) after watching him play three series in an exhibition game (Senior Bowl).

Speechless.
— Giants Daily (@NYGDaily) April 26, 2019

:lol:
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#848 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:25 pm

So... should the Skins go all in on this draft and trade up to get Parris Campbell, Haskins' star WR at Ohio State? He's another super athlete who was very productive (90 catches and 12 TD's last season). A homerun threat with decent size.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#849 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Ruzious wrote:So... should the Skins go all in on this draft and trade up to get Parris Campbell, Haskins' star WR at Ohio State? He's another super athlete who was very productive (90 catches and 12 TD's last season). A homerun threat with decent size.

I just suggested this on another board.

Either Campbell or Metcalf.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#850 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#851 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#852 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#853 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Ruzious wrote:So... should the Skins go all in on this draft and trade up to get Parris Campbell, Haskins' star WR at Ohio State? He's another super athlete who was very productive (90 catches and 12 TD's last season). A homerun threat with decent size.

I just suggested this on another board.

Either Campbell or Metcalf.

Wow, it's scary (for you) how much we think alike - though I'm not a Metcalf fan - seems like he's a bit on the stiff side and not good at creating separation. If we're going with Doctson as one WR, we need a WR like Campbell - who is excellent at getting open.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#854 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:38 pm

LOVE LOVE the Redskins draft so far! Can't wait to see how the rest of the draft goes!
Gonna have to withhold my ire for Allen and Snyder the snake.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#855 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:44 pm

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:LOVE LOVE the Redskins draft so far! Can't wait to see how the rest of the draft goes!

Gotta wonder, are they setting us up just to knock us down? I'm feeling like Charlie Brown ready to kick the football just before Lucy (Snyder/Allen) pulls it away. So far so good, but can't trust those guys.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#856 » by Wizardspride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#857 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:33 pm

Ruzious wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote:LOVE LOVE the Redskins draft so far! Can't wait to see how the rest of the draft goes!

Gotta wonder, are they setting us up just to knock us down? I'm feeling like Charlie Brown ready to kick the football just before Lucy (Snyder/Allen) pulls it away. So far so good, but can't trust those guys.

Haha the Skins usually reach in the 2nd rd, so kinda relieved they don't have a 2nd rd pick to ruin this year and next.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#858 » by Ruzious » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:40 pm

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Haha the Skins usually reach in the 2nd rd, so kinda relieved they don't have a 2nd rd pick to ruin this year and next.

Well, I'm thinking they'll trade their 2 3rd rounders for a 2nd rounder. :nod:
Shoe
Bench Warmer

Post#859 » by Shoe » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Per Pro Football Focus, when Haskins had a clean pocket in 2018, his numbers were stunning. He threw 43 of his touchdowns and just five interceptions from a clean pocket with a 134.4 quarterback rating.

After watching the Rose Bowl I think Haskins is basically an elite reader of the field when he has time. Way more advanced than RG3, and a better decision maker than Cousins. When he's pressured I still think he makes the right read, but his mechanics let him down. Strong decision making has been missing for the Redskins for a long time, so hopefully Jay can tailor an offense for him.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,766

Post#860 » by Rafael122 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Shoe wrote:
Per Pro Football Focus, when Haskins had a clean pocket in 2018, his numbers were stunning. He threw 43 of his touchdowns and just five interceptions from a clean pocket with a 134.4 quarterback rating.

After watching the Rose Bowl I think Haskins is basically an elite reader of the field when he has time. Way more advanced than RG3, and a better decision maker than Cousins. When he's pressured I still think he makes the right read, but his mechanics let him down. Strong decision making has been missing for the Redskins for a long time, so hopefully Jay can tailor an offense for him.

I'd rather have Haskins' pocket presence than RG 3's athletic ability.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Washington Wizards