ImageImageImageImage

Expectation of Fultz

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,132

Re: Expectation of Fultz 

Post#41 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Knightro wrote:

Fingers crossed.

If he can gives some of that in this video the future of this team changes completely. Really hope Philly ends up regretting making this move.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#42 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:42 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:Proving all the haters wrong.... and that people should have trusted "HIS PROCESS" lol

Where is BadMofoPimp? Send the bat signal.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#43 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:48 pm

As far as Markelle Fultz goes, Weltman said the guard continues to make progress working back from his injured right shoulder (thoracic outlet syndrome), but the timetable for his return remains uncertain.

While Fultz hasn’t returned to basketball activities, Weltman has been impressed with what he’s learned about the 20-year-old.

“You guys know I was excited on trade deadline day, and I can only say that I’m much more excited, having gotten to know Markelle and who he is as a person, who he is as a worker, [and] who he is as a teammate,” Weltman said. “Another guy, obviously this is a different situation, but another guy whose timetable will not be rushed.”

Weltman said there no other injury concerns for the Magic.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-news-0426-story.html

Sounds like he is still a ways away from returning to any basketball action....
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#44 » by UCF » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:50 pm

Until he is cleared to practice, I have zero expectations. He appears to be a good teammate and I’m glad he’s in Orlando now. It might be another year (or more) before he ever sees floor again as a player.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,222

Post#45 » by pepe1991 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:15 pm

You simply can't enter new season with him still "rehabing" ,after being out for,at point 11 months ,without timetable of return.
That would be huge setback. And salary hit.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#46 » by OrlandO » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:18 pm

UCF wrote:Until he is cleared to practice, I have zero expectations. He appears to be a good teammate and I’m glad he’s in Orlando now. It might be another year (or more) before he ever sees floor again as a player.

If he still can't shoot without pain and the crazy hitch when training camp arrives he better be getting surgery.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#47 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:23 pm

From The Athletic......

Weltman was then asked point-blank if Fultz is shooting a basketball.

“I’m not going to discuss Markelle’s private workouts,” Weltman responded. “I’m not going to get into all that. I will just say that he’s making progress on his injury, and he’s in a good place right now.”
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,970

Post#48 » by p0peye » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:59 pm

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#49 » by Def Swami » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:10 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:From The Athletic......

“I’m not going to discuss Markelle’s private workouts,” Weltman responded. “I’m not going to get into all that. I will just say that he’s making progress on his injury, and he’s in a good place right now.”

I'm so glad someone just asked this straight up.

How can anyone have any faith in this? The kid has been rehabbing since November and we can't even confirm if he has taken a jumpshot in that timespan.

I'd have a low threshold to decline the 4th year option if the talk around him remains this nebulous throughout the summer.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#50 » by zaymon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:27 pm

Def Swami wrote:

How can anyone have any faith in this? The kid has been rehabbing since November and we can't even confirm if he has taken a jumpshot in that timespan.

I'd have a low threshold to decline the 4th year option if the talk around him remains this nebulous throughout the summer.

We gave Payton and Hezonja 3 years and their ceiling is not even half of Fultz ceiling. I am sure we can give Markelle time to rehab, its not like we are playing games now...
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#51 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
As far as Markelle Fultz goes, Weltman said the guard continues to make progress working back from his injured right shoulder (thoracic outlet syndrome), but the timetable for his return remains uncertain.

While Fultz hasn’t returned to basketball activities, Weltman has been impressed with what he’s learned about the 20-year-old.

“You guys know I was excited on trade deadline day, and I can only say that I’m much more excited, having gotten to know Markelle and who he is as a person, who he is as a worker, [and] who he is as a teammate,” Weltman said. “Another guy, obviously this is a different situation, but another guy whose timetable will not be rushed.”

Weltman said there no other injury concerns for the Magic.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-news-0426-story.html

Sounds like he is still a ways away from returning to any basketball action....

Interesting. So was Philly trying to rush him back when there was talk of him returning after the ASB this season? If so, that says a couple things: his injury is much worse than anyone in Philly let out, and he legitimately could just need time to return to his college form.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,231

Post#52 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:35 pm

None. Actually that’s a lie, I’m expecting him to be serviceable at best. Anything beyond that is icing. Obviously I want to be wrong and hoping for a scenario in which he turns into the player that made him a top pick, both for the teams sake and selfishly so I can point and laugh at Philly.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#53 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:29 pm

zaymon wrote:
Def Swami wrote:

We gave Payton and Hezonja 3 years and their ceiling is not even half of Fultz ceiling. I am sure we can give Markelle time to rehab, its not like we are playing games now...

I know right. What's the rush.... the offseason isn't even a month away still. Weltman them are smart in not rushing "The Magical Process".... with both him and bamba. Though they aren't playing... they seemed to have been using their time wisely, with tape, nba IQ development etc. and no need to disclose timetables because then you produce all these expectations while you're still getting everything up to speed. better to just keep it close to your chest even if you know he is currently throwing up shot in the gym. then you can unleash him when you know that he will impress those that see him. don't wanna throw him back under the microscope unless things are good enough that he won't get the backlash.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#54 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Def Swami wrote:

If he's not playing or at least practicing with SL team then the hope dwindles even more.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#55 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:20 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Def Swami wrote:

If he's not playing or at least practicing with SL team then the hope dwindles even more.

I imagine there’s no chance Fultz plays summer league
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,506

Post#56 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:26 pm

I expect him to be a bust, frankly.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#57 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:I expect him to be a bust, frankly.

Not that it matters in the end but I always like to differentiate the bust label ...

A Greg Oden (injury) bust? Definitely a major possibility.

An Anthony Bennett (no talent) bust? Not a chance.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#58 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:I expect him to be a bust, frankly.

Well... you and your friend Frank can take a hike! We don't need this kind of negativity around here! lol
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,494

Post#59 » by doct3r dr3 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:30 pm

he does another weird body spasm in the last ten seconds of this video (~2 weeks ago)

BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,968

Post#60 » by KillMonger » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 pm

If he's healthy, I expect him to be out starting point guard next season no cap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic