ImageImageImageImage

Expectation of Fultz

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Re: Expectation of Fultz 

Post#81 » by pepe1991 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:36 pm

fendilim wrote:Too lazy to check but did Fultz play SL ball for the sixers?

I really dont think its the yips. I was watching an Oprah show with Barkley and MJ. Apparenty Barkley used to be a good golfer, until someone told him about his swing. And apparently in the driving range he would have a good swing, but in the course he’d suddenly have the yips. The yips with Fultz happens even in the practice court even. I really thinks its TOS. Someone should watch the TOS about Landry Fields in Youtube. Reminds me too much of fultz situation.

I think he played in 2017 for 2 games and got hurt, and that's were problems started
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#82 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:48 pm

IllMagic04 wrote:My prediction is the YIPS will continue and his jump shot will continue to be bad. He'll right in, another guy who cant shoot. However he will give us some energy off the bench thats a little bit better then what MCW gave us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using RealGM mobile app

You cannot be a star guard in this league without a jump shot. End of story.

We all understand and accept that. But Fultz is still on a rookie deal (yes, a big one) and is not paid like a star for a few more years. His is still a very talented passer, creator and overall athlete.

If he stays healthy he will have a place in this league. It will just have to be as a backup if that jump shot doesn’t improve.

I really don’t want this place to turn into Philly where we harass and criticize this kid every step of the way if it doesn’t reach unrealistic timelines. We did not give up what Philly did to get him and we do not have the championship timeline Philly does. I hope fans here can be a tiny bit more patient and supportive with Fultz.

He could be the next big thing here if he gets the support he needs ....
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#83 » by zaymon » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:26 pm

I must say his spasms now are much more milder than on past videos. I guess its this rehab progress Weltman is talking about.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#84 » by nicnac215 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 pm

People forget how athletic Fultz is. He will be a beast. He has been dunking from the free throw line since high school. It’s his smooth shifty moves that make him look less athletic than he really is. He is pretty close athletically and measures out similar to Wade. Get healthy soon Markelle! When he gets healthy I’m getting a jersey.
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#85 » by bargnanimvp » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 pm

28ppg 14apg 8rpg on 57% from the field and 42% from deep
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#86 » by nicnac215 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:47 pm

bargnanimvp wrote:28ppg 14apg 8rpg on 57% from the field and 42% from deep

I know your post is sarcastic but I like peaks at 24ppg 8apg 4rpg on 46% shooting and 37% from 3
J_Magic
Starter
And1: 166

Post#87 » by J_Magic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:55 pm

We just need to give him the keys to the Magic Kingdom.

Heck, we gave Elfrid Payton 3 1/2 seasons.

Surely, we can give Fultz 2 seasons as an automatic starter. Just let him play through his mistakes.

We need him to be ball dominant so opposing PG have to do somework. I feel like always loose the backcourt battle as opposing teams do not respect us.

Fournier is a good player and so is Augustine. But they should not be relied upon as #1 option.

Let him play the Summer League...he is going to hear it, but let him play. Let him play like young Tony Parker, just attack the rim and make nifty moves.

First season for the Magic - 21ppg, 7 apg.
I'm an optimist :)
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#88 » by fendilim » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:25 am

J_Magic wrote:We just need to give him the keys to the Magic Kingdom.

Heck, we gave Elfrid Payton 3 1/2 seasons.

Surely, we can give Fultz 2 seasons as an automatic starter. Just let him play through his mistakes.

We need him to be ball dominant so opposing PG have to do somework. I feel like always loose the backcourt battle as opposing teams do not respect us.

Fournier is a good player and so is Augustine. But they should not be relied upon as #1 option.

Let him play the Summer League...he is going to hear it, but let him play. Let him play like young Tony Parker, just attack the rim and make nifty moves.

First season for the Magic - 21ppg, 7 apg.
I'm an optimist :)

we can give Fultz every opportunity we can... if he comes back healthy, IMO. I still think that if he comes back healthy, he`d automatically be better than DJ already. But thats really a big IF.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#89 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 pm

zaymon wrote:
doct3r dr3 wrote:he does another weird body spasm in the last ten seconds of this video (~2 weeks ago)

It really looks like a nerve disfunction. Poor boy.

It looked like he was reacting to something Bamba said. You guys are reading too much into this.
aka: prorl
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#90 » by NotACat » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 pm

fendilim wrote:Too lazy to check but did Fultz play SL ball for the sixers?

I really dont think its the yips. I was watching an Oprah show with Barkley and MJ. Apparenty Barkley used to be a good golfer, until someone told him about his swing. And apparently in the driving range he would have a good swing, but in the course he’d suddenly have the yips. The yips with Fultz happens even in the practice court even. I really thinks its TOS. Someone should watch the TOS about Landry Fields in Youtube. Reminds me too much of fultz situation.

Black Lives Matter
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,533

Post#91 » by Furinkazan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#92 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Just for shi*s and giggles let's say Fultz has similar MIP player contributions as Siakim (not the same exact stats, but like production as him). What will this team look like?

Let's hear both scenarios, one being us resigning everyone and the other being the opposite.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Rayshard7
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#93 » by Rayshard7 » Thu May 2, 2019 12:30 pm

Markelle Fultz, Ky Bowman
Kevin Porter Jr, Furkan Korkmaz
Jonathan Isaac, Wes Iwundu, Melvin Frazier Jr
Aaron Gordon, Sekou Douyombo, Jarell Martin
Mo Bamba, Khem Birch, Justin Patton
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#94 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu May 2, 2019 3:57 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Just for shi*s and giggles let's say Fultz has similar MIP player contributions as Siakim (not the same exact stats, but like production as him). What will this team look like?

Let's hear both scenarios, one being us resigning everyone and the other being the opposite.

I've been thinking about this too...

If Fultz gets back to even 80% of where he was at in college, he immediately becomes our best scorer and playmaker. That takes the pressure off Vuc in clutch situations and gives us another option. He'd make Vuc much better overall, but if Fultz at 80% probably would also make Bamba look pretty great too so maybe Vuc becomes dispensable.

Overall, though, if Fultz returns to form, I'd like to basically roll with the same roster with the addition of our 19FRP being a bench scoring wing. We immediately would become a 4-6 seed next year with the potential to get better each year with Isaac, Bamba, and Fultz all improving together.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#95 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu May 2, 2019 4:31 pm

Rayshard7 wrote:Markelle Fultz, Ky Bowman

How do we get both KPJ and Sekou, if you're saying Sekou will drop to #46 I'm going to have to stop you right there.

We trade Augustine and Fournier into cap space, but dont use the cap?

Like to hear your thoughts.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,659

Post#96 » by Message Boar » Fri May 3, 2019 2:24 am

This is such a hard projection considering the unique circumstances. I mean you have to account for the possibility of Fultz being broken and never consistently contributing at all. That said I'd be satisfied with solid backup guard play with flashes of the upside that he once seemed to have.Hopefully he will be able to continue to grow from there. I'm not counting on his shot (fully) returning by next season, so he'll have to find other ways to contribute which I think he's capable of. Obviously you're looking closely at his health the entire time. Gotta have players whose availability you can count on.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#97 » by Hogified05 » Fri May 3, 2019 6:44 am

If he gets to be the starter from the get go, I mean it is his 3rd year, I would jump for joy if he did 15 pts 5 and 5 and showed his yips are behind him. Maybe a few games or so where he flashes for 25.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Rayshard7
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#98 » by Rayshard7 » Sat May 4, 2019 10:59 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Rayshard7 wrote:Markelle Fultz, Ky Bowman

How do we get both KPJ and Sekou, if you're saying Sekou will drop to #46 I'm going to have to stop you right there.

We trade Augustine and Fournier into cap space, but dont use the cap?

Like to hear your thoughts.

I want us to draft Sekou Douyombo with the 16th pick and package Fournier for a early 20 pick and draft KPJ if he falls
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#99 » by Skin » Sun May 5, 2019 4:06 am

I hope he's starting by the trade deadline at the latest.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#100 » by thelead » Tue May 7, 2019 12:06 am

I wonder if he’s going to play in the summer league. Obviously, getting healthy comes first but it would be great if he was ready by July.

Return to Orlando Magic