Presti news conference

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: Presti news conference 

Post#21 » by Pillendreher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:36 pm

jackrabbit00 wrote:Problem with things that Presti is talking about is that a lot of them were here last year too. He said that we should be better at free throws, but that was a thing last year, we weren't good at ft last year too.He should be asked what exactly are they going to do to improve on those things. It's easy to say we had problems here and there, but how are we going to improve is what he isn't saying and that is concerning.

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using RealGM mobile app

He talks about the issues like he's not the one who's reponsible for most of them.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#22 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Barf
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#23 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:43 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Barf

my goodness. this is as direct a slam on russell westbrook as i could have anticipated. bravo, sam. hopefully he gets the message.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Every tweet annoys me right now
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:45 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1122903820319776768

not at liberty? lol. the hell does that mean. did the thunder sign something that stipulates they can't talk about it in return for alex abrines giving back all that money?
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#26 » by Pillendreher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:49 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Barf

7/10 on the propaganda scale. Solid effort, but a little bit stale at this point.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:51 pm

slick_watts wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Barf

my goodness. this is as direct a slam on russell westbrook as i could have anticipated. bravo, sam. hopefully he gets the message.

Or he's saying that they are far enough in the red they can't do anything else.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#28 » by Pillendreher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:52 pm

slick_watts wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1122903820319776768

not at liberty? lol. the hell does that mean. did the thunder sign something that stipulates they can't talk about it in return for alex abrines giving back all that money?

You have a sufficient security clearance to be privy to the situation.
jackrabbit00
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#29 » by jackrabbit00 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 pm

So he recognize that we are prone to bad ball movement and inconsistency, but he can't realize that it is coach's job to prevent those things. Unbelievable.

Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#30 » by Pillendreher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter

This guy needs to be punched.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:58 pm

Presti normally does a good job at answering tough questions and instilling hope. This is the worst press conference I've ever heard from him. This sounds like a mockup conference written by Kizz.
jackrabbit00
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#32 » by jackrabbit00 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:59 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Read on Twitter

This guy needs to be punched.
You said it well, he talks like a politician. "We are going to look what was wrong, we are going to come up with a plan... Bla bla" The heck were they doing exactly year ago. We got trashed hard again, and have almost same problems as we had last year. Nothing has changed.

Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#33 » by Pillendreher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:02 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Presti normally does a good job at answering tough questions and instilling hope. This is the worst press conference I've ever heard from him. This sounds like a mockup conference written by Kizz.

I closed the stream 20 minutes ago. I can't listen to this crap. Nothing will change as long as this self absorbed fool is still running the show. At this point his prerecorded answers are just on autoplay and he gets paid regardless of what actually happens.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:05 pm

jackrabbit00 wrote:So he recognize that we are prone to bad ball movement and inconsistency, but he can't realize that it is coach's job to prevent those things. Unbelievable.

the coach is limited by his roster and star players' preferences.
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#35 » by jambalaya » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:14 pm

There is some basis to think Donovan pursued the Indiana and Ohio State jobs previously. Not much sign they wanted him though. If Billy wants to pursue other jobs, they probably let him. College, sure. Pro? Probably. If Cavs want him, they can probably interview him. Maybe they get a future 2nd round pick.

Donovan probably wants a new contract or he probably wants to move. I can't see Presti and Bennett giving him a new contract before the start of next season, so Donovan probably "looks at everything" this summer. He could let it play out for a year. That seems less likely though. He should know enough to decide whether he wants to leave or stay.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#36 » by RalphSampsonJr » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Both Billy and Sam have this ability to say heaps of words that dont actually mean anything. They just dance around questions!
Had to turn it off. Didnt hear one thing from Sam that shows he gets OKCs current situation.
You would think he would be more annoyed after wheeling amd dealing to get all stars to only have them get embarrassed in the playoffs every year
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#37 » by Pillendreher » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:32 pm

jambalaya wrote:There is some basis to think Donovan pursued the Indiana and Ohio State jobs previously. Not much sign they wanted him though. If Billy wants to pursue other jobs, they probably let him. College, sure. Pro? Probably. If Cavs want him, they can probably interview him. Maybe they get a future 2nd round pick.

Donovan probably wants a new contract or he probably wants to move. I can't see Presti and Bennett giving him a new contract before the start of next season, so Donovan probably "looks at everything" this summer. He could let it play out for a year. That seems less likely though. He should know enough to decide whether he wants to leave or stay.

The wording left the door open for Donovan to re-sign. He basically said "It's up to him".
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#38 » by Dn4sty » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:34 pm

Anything looking for anything of substance in a press conference like this is fooling themselves. It’s easy to nitpick what was said, but drawing sweeping conclusions from this is maddening.

I think the biggest thing from this interview is not what was said, but how it was said. Presti answers looked frazzled in the sense that he genuinely knows that he can’t talk his way out of or around the issues.

I think that is a good thing.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:45 pm

Dn4sty wrote:Anything looking for anything of substance in a press conference like this is fooling themselves. It’s easy to nitpick what was said, but drawing sweeping conclusions from this is maddening.

I think the biggest thing from this interview is not what was said, but how it was said. Presti answers looked frazzled in the sense that he genuinely knows that he can’t talk his way out of or around the issues.

sam joined the thunder with a clean cap slate, a patient fanbase which didn't know better, and superstars drafted in three consecutive seasons. the thunder have little to show for it. he's going to leave the thunder (i'm guessing) during the 2nd half of westbrook's crippling extension, with resources depleted in a vain attempt to remain relevant as long as possible post-kd.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:47 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:Anything looking for anything of substance in a press conference like this is fooling themselves. It’s easy to nitpick what was said, but drawing sweeping conclusions from this is maddening.

sam joined the thunder with a clean cap slate, a patient fanbase which didn't know better, and superstars drafted in three consecutive seasons. the thunder have little to show for it. he's going to leave the thunder (i'm guessing) during the 2nd half of westbrook's crippling extension, with resources depleted in a vain attempt to remain relevant as long as possible post-kd.

That might be a best case scenario.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder