ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#261 » by truth18 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:49 am

GoT :o .
YOU LOSE
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#262 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:58 am

truth18 wrote:GoT :o .

Endgame, Battle of Winterfell, and Celtics win ECSF game 1 on the road against "one of the greatest regular season teams of all-time" in one weekend.

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#263 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:02 am

People are bitching about the episode being so dark visually, but i loved it. Made it infinitely scarier IMO, not being able to see things until the last possible second.

Some people said they couldn't see anything and it was really grainy, but my tv didn't have that issue so i guess I'm lucky.
ButWhatAbout
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#264 » by ButWhatAbout » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:20 am

GoT just dropped the mic.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#265 » by 31to6 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:52 am

Spoiler:
I'll admit they made me wonder if they were just going to kill e'rybody and figure out what to do with the last few episodes after.

So much for any character development of the northerners and Ice Maul.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Post#266 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:37 am

GoT tonight!

Spoiler:
Lyanna Mormont goes out like a f****n boss!!
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#267 » by Tatumfor2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:59 am

I'm not sure how to do the spoiler thing, so I'll just say, Holy **** GoT!
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#268 » by sam_I_am » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am

Who was more impressive last night? Al Horford or Arya?
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#269 » by 3D Chess » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Thought it was a good spectacle but awful writing (as has been the case for a few seasons now). Deus ex machina all over the place. Cheap, weak, disappointing.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#270 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:23 pm

LOL

Spoiler:
Night King blew a 3-1 lead.

Spoiler:
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#271 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:LOL

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Great episode last night. Brilliantly directed. Loved the buildup in tension and I agree with those who liked that you couldn't really see the walkers at first and the overall dark look of the episode. I have 2 issues or questions though:

Spoiler:
We got 7 seasons of hype about how "Winter is Coming" and they were dispatched in one episode? Does that seem right? For all the fear the Night King induced, I was expecting him to take out at least one person more important to the overall plot. I was thinking 2 episodes for the Night King. 2 for King's Landing. As good as it was, I felt it was over too quick.

Also, Where did Arya get the dagger from? She gave hers to Sansa right? Did she randomly pick up a dagger somewhere off camera between leaving Clegane and Melisandre and meeting up with the Night King and Bran? I wish I didn't have to figure that out. Maybe I need to see the episode again.

Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#272 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:31 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Great episode last night. Brilliantly directed. Loved the buildup in tension and I agree with those who liked that you couldn't really see the walkers at first and the overall dark look of the episode. I have 2 issues or questions though:

Spoiler:
We got 7 seasons of hype about how "Winter is Coming" and they were dispatched in one episode? Does that seem right? For all the fear the Night King induced, I was expecting him to take out at least one person more important to the overall plot. I was thinking 2 episodes for the Night King. 2 for King's Landing. As good as it was, I felt it was over too quick.

Also, Where did Arya get the dagger from? She gave hers to Sansa right? Did she randomly pick up a dagger somewhere off camera between leaving Clegane and Melisandre and meeting up with the Night King and Bran? I wish I didn't have to figure that out. Maybe I need to see the episode again.

Spoiler:
Good question on the dagger. It would have had to have been made of valyrian steel or dragonglass to kill a white walker, no? Thought she gave the valyrian steel one to Sansa?

And probably on the white walkers, if that's all there was to it. With that said, they wiped out half of humanity inside of an hour.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#273 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Good question on the dagger. It would have had to have been made of valyrian steel or dragonglass to kill a white walker, no? Thought she gave the valyrian steel one to Sansa?

And probably on the white walkers, if that's all there was to it. With that said, they wiped out half of humanity inside of an hour.

I’m trying to speak in generalities as I don’t know how to add spoiler button and don’t want to ruin anything but I agree...over too quick IMO in regards to that
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#274 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:53 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I’m trying to speak in generalities as I don’t know how to add spoiler button and don’t want to ruin anything but I agree...over too quick IMO in regards to that

Anything you want to hide put "spoiler" in [sp0iler] and at the end [/sp0iler] to finish. If you're on the website, you can highlight any text and there's an actual "spoiler" button that will automatically do it for you. I spelled spoiler with a zero so you could see.

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#275 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:55 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Spoiler:

Anything you want to hide put "spoiler" in [] and at the end [/] to finish. If you're on the website, you can highlight any text and there's an actual "spoiler" button that will automatically do it for you.

Thanks man appreciate that...still learning on the fly here
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#276 » by truth18 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:42 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I agree as far as it relates to the overall plot, Buckners. I don't think the books would have gone this way, that said, still one of the best individual episodes of TV I've ever seen.
YOU LOSE
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#277 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:53 pm

truth18 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I agree as far as it relates to the overall plot, Buckners. I don't think the books would have gone this way, that said, still one of the best individual episodes of TV I've ever seen.

While they might be out of source material, I don't think the show runners are diverging from GRRM at all on the major plot developments. More are coming.
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,287

Post#278 » by watsonthedragon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:53 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
On your 2nd question, the dagger she gave Sansa was dragonglass, one of Gendry's. You see her pull it out in the crypts later. She holds onto the Valyrian steel one. Also, unrelated, but did anyone think the music used during the final scene was AMAZING? It made the whole scene. Reminded me a bit of when Cersei blew up the Sept.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#279 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:45 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
On your 2nd question, the dagger she gave Sansa was dragonglass, one of Gendry's. You see her pull it out in the crypts later. She holds onto the Valyrian steel one. Also, unrelated, but did anyone think the music used during the final scene was AMAZING? It made the whole scene. Reminded me a bit of when Cersei blew up the Sept.

Ahh...I'll check that again. Thanks.

Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#280 » by Tatumfor2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
truth18 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

While they might be out of source material, I don't think the show runners are diverging from GRRM at all on the major plot developments. More are coming.

Spoiler:
I think they are still working with source material. Beric saving Arya was a "Hodor" moment for me. They are pulling from existing notes and GRRM is still steering the ship.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:

Return to Boston Celtics