ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Dunken Dave
Ballboy
And1: 9

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1421 » by Dunken Dave » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:00 am

I know Pop's a great coach but....why didn't they foul immediately when Jokic got his last rebound....
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#1422 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Where the hell was THIS KD game 6?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#1423 » by Galloisdaman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:58 pm

Rockets should thank us for softening up the Warriors so much for them.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#1424 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:10 am

Hopefully the refs continue to swallow the whistle on Harden's flops. It's obnoxious how he's started kicking his legs out on every shot attempt to try to get cheap calls - as if his flopping repertoire wasn't bad enough. :roll:

I hate the Warriors, but I honestly hope they win this series. I'd rather see them lose to a team that doesn't embarrass the sport with bush-league tactics.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1425 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:15 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Hopefully the refs continue to swallow the whistle on Harden's flops. It's obnoxious how he's started kicking his legs out on every shot attempt to try to get cheap calls - as if his flopping repertoire wasn't bad enough. :roll:

I hate the Warriors, but I honestly hope they win this series. I'd rather see them lose to a team that doesn't embarrass the sport with bush-league tactics.

Our CP3/Blake era teams were as bad as anyone when it comes to flopping.
Also, Draymond nut kicks his opponents. That's as bush league as it gets.

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#1426 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:19 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:Our CP3/Blake era teams were as bad as anyone when it comes to flopping.

And I hated it when our teams did it, too. Although, in fairness, Blake was only really bad with the flopping in his first couple years here. He toned it down after that.

Also, Draymond nut kicks his opponents. That's as bush league as it gets.

Two wrongs don't make a right. That's all the more reason why I'd like to see the Warriors lose to a team that plays the right way.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#1427 » by Galloisdaman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:18 pm

I want the Warriors to win. If you have to lose then lose to the best.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1428 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:26 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:I want the Warriors to win. If you have to lose then lose to the best.
I totally understand that thinking, and I've used it as recently as when the Astros beat my Yankees in the ALCS 2 years ago.
But here? Nahhhh. F GS. I hope the Rockets come back and win the next 4, someone breaks Draymond's jaw, Curry and Klay go absolutely ice cold and KD announces he's gone as soon as they're eliminated.

Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#1429 » by Galloisdaman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:59 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:I want the Warriors to win. If you have to lose then lose to the best.
I totally understand that thinking, and I've used it as recently as when the Astros beat my Yankees in the ALCS 2 years ago.
But here? Nahhhh. F GS. I hope the Rockets come back and win the next 4, someone breaks Draymond's jaw, Curry and Klay go absolutely ice cold and KD announces he's gone as soon as they're eliminated.

I want GS to win in 4 or 5 so people can say wow the Clippers gave the Warriors a bigger fight than the Rockets. That is unlikely with Harden jumping and kicking 3 feet after he shoots to draw fouls. Some of the clips of him doing this look beyond silly.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

CLIPPERS EAST 

Post#1430 » by esqtvd » Thu May 2, 2019 5:19 am

Since we're killing time until the off-season, half the Sixers' rotation are ex-Clippers:

JJ
Tobias
MScott
Bobi

Read on Twitter

https://www.philly.com/sixers/philadelphia-sixers-mike-scott-fan-tattoo-20190501.html
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1431 » by esqtvd » Thu May 2, 2019 5:28 am

Galloisdaman wrote:I want GS to win in 4 or 5 so people can say wow the Clippers gave the Warriors a bigger fight than the Rockets.

They're already saying that. :wink: The Clips got 2 wins at Oracle. Even if they pull this out, the Rockets probably will only get one.

But they were lost without Austin. With him back at least they have a fighting chance. :lol:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1432 » by esqtvd » Thu May 2, 2019 5:48 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:

I'd like to see KD come here a winner. It's still tricky:

--Had the Clips somehow have knocked off GSW, once again Durant would be guilty of joining the team that just beat him. But that's moot now.

--Losing to Houston would take the sheen off joining the Clippers because he'd be seen as abandoning the ship once again.

--If GSW got knocked off in the WCF [Nugs or Blazers], I think he walks away clean.

--If GSW lost to Kawhi in the Finals, joining him on the Clippers would be weird. For both of them.

--If GSW loses to the Bucks, Celts or Sixers in the Finals, I think he walks away clean.

--If GSW wins the Larry again, he walks away clean.

Frankly, I think that would be most gratifying for him--going on to win a ring with the Clippers would prove to all and sundry that it was Kevin Durant who was most responsible for the Dubs Dynasty. That might take a bit of the sheen off it for Ballmer and the rest of the Clippers and the Clipper fans. But I think we'd get over it.

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#1433 » by mkwest » Thu May 2, 2019 6:38 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Okogie on How to Defend Harden 

Post#1434 » by Ranma » Thu May 2, 2019 3:55 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#1435 » by Galloisdaman » Thu May 2, 2019 4:35 pm

To dominate
Harden needs the refs
Curry needs picks
KD needs the ball
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#1436 » by Max Headrom » Fri May 3, 2019 6:47 am

Galloisdaman wrote:To dominate
Harden needs the refs
Curry needs picks
KD needs the ball

I hate Curry. He's one of the most overrated players in NBA history. Never seen a "superstar" be carried the way he has that also relies on illegal screens and push offs to get his shot off. And I can't even call him the greatest shooter of all time because imagine Ray Allen and Reggie Miller being constantly open because of illegal screens. They hit a lot more contested 3's against tougher perimeter defense. Not this new soft, can't touch anyone on the perimeter defense today. That whole team is a big asterisk
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#1437 » by Galloisdaman » Fri May 3, 2019 1:55 pm

Max Headrom wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:To dominate
Harden needs the refs
Curry needs picks
KD needs the ball

I hate Curry. He's one of the most overrated players in NBA history. Never seen a "superstar" be carried the way he has that also relies on illegal screens and push offs to get his shot off. And I can't even call him the greatest shooter of all time because imagine Ray Allen and Reggie Miller being constantly open because of illegal screens. They hit a lot more contested 3's against tougher perimeter defense. Not this new soft, can't touch anyone on the perimeter defense today. That whole team is a big asterisk

Curry is the best outside jumpshooter I have ever seen. I do not know if I would say best shooter if you included drives to the hoop and post ups as shooting as well. I do agree Reggie had to take more contested shots.

Harden is great at what he does but all the 2-3 feet flailing kickouts for fouls really does lessen how he accumulates stats. He rarely jumps straight up. Sometimes it looks really silly.

Durant is amazing because when he is on his game he doesnt need the refs or picks. Call me a homer, a fan boy or whatever you like but without Durant the Clippers win that series imo.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Full Monty in Phoenix 

Post#1438 » by Ranma » Fri May 3, 2019 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
mttwlsn16
Head Coach

Post#1439 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat May 4, 2019 5:55 am

1. Lakers hired TY Lue lol
2. This Blazers Nuggets game is ridiculous. About to start OT #4. It's almost 2am. I would like to go to bed.

Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#1440 » by Galloisdaman » Sun May 5, 2019 2:03 pm

Curry is missing point blank layups and wide open dunks? His ankles have to be bothering him. Why didn't he do that against us?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers