ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,870

Re: Official Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#681 » by Spree2Houston » Thu May 2, 2019 7:42 pm

This guy refuses to play pick up games
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,479

Post#682 » by WargamesX » Thu May 2, 2019 7:57 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:This guy refuses to play pick up games

Its early, so hopefully it happens later. He needs to get stronger and reliable 3 pt shot before anything else.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,070

Post#683 » by GONYK » Thu May 2, 2019 9:13 pm

WargamesX wrote:

Its early, so hopefully it happens later. He needs to get stronger and reliable 3 pt shot before anything else.

He trains with Brickley when he comes back stateside. It's impossible that he doesn't play pickup games.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,385

Post#684 » by thebuzzardman » Thu May 2, 2019 9:15 pm

GONYK wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

He trains with Brickley when he comes back stateside. It's impossible that he doesn't play pickup games.

Didn't THJr train with Brickley also?

These guys need to find someone else, apparently.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,070

Post#685 » by GONYK » Thu May 2, 2019 9:31 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
GONYK wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

Didn't THJr train with Brickley also?

These guys need to find someone else, apparently.
A lot of the elite players either train with Brickley or Hanlen.

I'm not sure one is better than the other.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#686 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu May 2, 2019 9:44 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

Here's a question: how much do we think Frank is rocking there? 10lb for the big plates and 5 for the small ones. Say 5 for the bar. Is that really 35lb or are some of those plates doubled?
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,558

Post#687 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 2, 2019 9:49 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Here's a question: how much do we think Frank is rocking there? 10lb for the big plates and 5 for the small ones. Say 5 for the bar. Is that really 35lb or are some of those plates doubled?

And why is the trainer wearing jeans and loafers with no socks? WTH is going on over there? They must be in France. Probably smoked a cigarette afterwards.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#688 » by Jose7 » Thu May 2, 2019 10:03 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

And why is the trainer wearing jeans and loafers with no socks? WTH is going on over there? They must be in France. Probably smoked a cigarette afterwards.

Lol. thats all perception.

some of the greatest yogis have the largest stomachs.

your therapist/instructor (this guy is a movement expert, physio with a top of the line private practice) is only as good as what's between his ears..
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
KNIXFAN_83
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Post#689 » by KNIXFAN_83 » Thu May 2, 2019 10:34 pm

For Frank to have a career he has to get stronger so he can post up more and shooting from 3. He’s not going to be this explosive player off the dribble so he has to work with what he has. Which is his physicality and shooting stroke. I’m rooting for the kid.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#690 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu May 2, 2019 11:06 pm

F N 11 wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:
If we get Kyrie I would LOVE to see DSJ coming off the bench in full attack mode. He can still average about 25-28 minutes per game and would constantly put pressure on seconds units. This seems like a perfect role for him and I simply believe he could be very valuable in that position.
if he starts pouting like he did in Dallas, it’s not gunna work lol

He got a different attitude here. He already said bring all of em to New York.

Agreed and sometimes fans dont get that there is something called justified aggravation. I mean the guy had a near ROTY level rookie season only to watch a team trade for a forward who they play at PG and tell you to become a SG. I get that Luka is amazing but why couldn't he just be amazing at SF or SG? And of course we always feel hey you're getting paid just shut up but hes not here because he pouted. Hes here because his team made a decision that negatively impacted him after having a solid rookie season. And idk too many players who find it easy to up and change positions they dominated in thier whole life. Some would rather even play less minutes at thier own position than start getting moved around cuz it just starts opening wierd doors that never was supposed to be opened.

Frank Ntilikina was drafted as a PG and who knows what position the guy is. But because hes so damn passive with that annoying drink the Koolaid act guess what's gonna happen. He'll bounce around every position we can give him until hes out of the league. So in a way I can identify with a player saying no, I dont wanna start that **** show at the start of my career when last year I gave you 15 and 5.

Let's face it, sometimes coaches just get these wild ideas but it's your career. What happened happened, I'm not even trying to bash the Mavs. Life isnt fair and there are casualties sometimes. All I'm saying is I choose not to hold it against Dennis' charactar.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#691 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu May 2, 2019 11:16 pm

Not that I got an issue with him doing what hes doing. Cuz truth is for all we know the kid grows yet another inch and for sure is a wing so for those roles you gotta be stronger but I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of what he needs to do. I already know hes a fundamental robot.

I wanna see him loosen up and just practice reacting, playing off of instincts and looking like he enjoys the game. Stop acting like some Larry Brown disciple.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#692 » by malik959 » Fri May 3, 2019 2:09 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

It might be a 75lb bar.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#693 » by Jay10 » Fri May 3, 2019 2:38 am

This is a false statement. The pickup games don't start until the the playoffs are over, and since Frank has been a Knick he has been seen multiple times playing pick up games in Manhattan with the players that normally fly in.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,447

Post#694 » by robillionaire » Fri May 3, 2019 2:57 am

he probably pulled his groin again right after lifting that. j/k. I still like frank. I hope he's still around next year.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#695 » by taj2133 » Fri May 3, 2019 4:01 am

I don't think frank will be a knick and i think he gets traded to team like the spurs for one of there first round picks. I also see the jazz a team that might trade for him they have lot free agents so they need a shooting , same with the blazers they also have lot of free agents i could see them trading there first round pick for frank. Unless frank has a great summer and really improves on his offensive game that's the only way he stay with the knicks. I don't think perry, ,mills, and fizdale has any faith in frank improving his game on the offensive game.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,752

Post#696 » by Fat » Fri May 3, 2019 4:44 am

i need footage of frank shooting curry like deep range shots to get excited
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#697 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri May 3, 2019 8:17 am

I get the impression he hates being a Knick and the Thanos snapped away groin thing was passive aggressive protest for never letting him be the PG but trading for two and signing two others (three with Billy Garrett) out the G-League.

I get the wishful thinking but I don’t get why people consider him a part of the team going forward.

I see no scenario that he’s a Knick come opening night.
Utah, Charlotte, Indy, Denver, SAS, Memphis, Orlando, etc could all be suitors. I’ve said it before, he’s done himself no favors really but I don’t like the way his development was prioritized here.

He’s gonna eventually find it, most do, but it’s not gonna be here.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,479

Post#698 » by WargamesX » Fri May 3, 2019 12:45 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:I get the impression he hates being a Knick and the Thanos snapped away groin thing was passive aggressive protest for never letting him be the PG but trading for two and signing two others (three with Billy Garrett) out the G-League.

I get the wishful thinking but I don’t get why people consider him a part of the team going forward.

I see no scenario that he’s a Knick come opening night.
Utah, Charlotte, Indy, Denver, SAS, Memphis, Orlando, etc could all be suitors. I’ve said it before, he’s done himself no favors really but I don’t like the way his development was prioritized here.

He’s gonna eventually find it, most do, but it’s not gonna be here.

I honestly am getting this feeling as well. We'll see what happens but as long as they don't trade him for a second rounder or a scrub I won't freak out. I would prefer to see him continue to develop here but I have ...... faith....... that the front office knows what it is doing.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,487

Post#699 » by CharlesOakley » Fri May 3, 2019 2:42 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Bro - do you even lift? A bar is 45 lbs.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#700 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri May 3, 2019 4:09 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Bro - do you even lift? A bar is 45 lbs.
Exactly. Unless it is the light bar which is 15lbs, but Frank looks like he is using 145lbs there.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Return to New York Knicks