ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,160

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#361 » by Impuniti » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Outside wrote:Joerger did a great job in Sacramento -- fired. Bickerstaff did a great job in Memphis -- fired. On the list of things wrong with the Lakers, Luke Walton doesn't make the top 10, yet -- fired. We don't know everything going on in those organizations, but getting shown the door, rightly or wrongly, goes with the territory for the vast majority of coaches.

Luke has looked incompetent with the Lakers though. Terrible rotations and plays at the end of the game. You can't miss the playoffs with someone like Lebron's caliber and not play a major role. The one who should be fired first is the person in charge of making all the horrible trades/moves since last summer mind you, then Luke.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#362 » by Little Digger » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Terrible rotations? Lol..nobody on that team could shoot ..there were no functional lineups
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,183

Post#363 » by Outside » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Outside wrote:Joerger did a great job in Sacramento -- fired. Bickerstaff did a great job in Memphis -- fired. On the list of things wrong with the Lakers, Luke Walton doesn't make the top 10, yet -- fired. We don't know everything going on in those organizations, but getting shown the door, rightly or wrongly, goes with the territory for the vast majority of coaches.

Luke has looked incompetent with the Lakers though. Terrible rotations and plays at the end of the game. You can't miss the playoffs with someone like Lebron's caliber and not play a major role. The one who should be fired first is the person in charge of making all the horrible trades/moves since last summer mind you, then Luke.

Let me see...

1. Horrible roster construction
2. LeBron injury
3. Injuries to everyone else
4. LeBron entourage-engineered disruption re: Anthony Davis
5. Part-time President of Basketball Operations
6. LeBron no D
7. LeBron checking out on plays on offense
8. Luke wrong coach for LeBron

Okay, so I exaggerated -- Luke does make the top 10 of things wrong with the Lakers this season. But it's not like he was the problem when they were 20-14 when LeBron got hurt on Christmas and the Lakers were IIRC fourth in the West. Their season imploding at that point wasn't Luke's fault.

I do think Luke wasn't the right fit. He was hired to bring along a bunch of young players, not coach LeBron. The list of coaches properly suited to coach LeBron is very, very short. But if the Lakers hadn't been dealing with all their other issues, I don't think Luke's coaching would've been an issue.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,160

Post#364 » by Impuniti » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:02 am

Outside wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

Let me see...

1. Horrible roster construction
2. LeBron injury
3. Injuries to everyone else
4. LeBron entourage-engineered disruption re: Anthony Davis
5. Part-time President of Basketball Operations
6. LeBron no D
7. LeBron checking out on plays on offense
8. Luke wrong coach for LeBron

Okay, so I exaggerated -- Luke does make the top 10 of things wrong with the Lakers this season. But it's not like he was the problem when they were 20-14 when LeBron got hurt on Christmas and the Lakers were IIRC fourth in the West. Their season imploding at that point wasn't Luke's fault.

I do think Luke wasn't the right fit. He was hired to bring along a bunch of young players, not coach LeBron. The list of coaches properly suited to coach LeBron is very, very short. But if the Lakers hadn't been dealing with all their other issues, I don't think Luke's coaching would've been an issue.

That pre-injury from Lebron is being parroted and gets more laughable the more it gets repeated. They were 2 away from the playoffs and had an easy schedule. With Lebron playing this year, they're a .500 team which still wouldn't sniff the playoffs. Getting a roster with no shooters when you have Lebron is beyond stupid, but I'm talking about his tactics. Terrible substitutions, rotations, and awful decisions late in the game to execute. Also doesn't have the experience to coach someone like Lebron and have some cache.

He didn't do anything last year either. I'm not sure what people are seeing in him.. he was also coaching for the Warriors, a soft spot maybe?
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#365 » by Little Digger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:07 am

Luke is way better off coaching that Kings roster..Good for him!
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#366 » by hamncheese » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:51 am

It's kinda weird (yet satisfying) to say that Luke is going to better situation by leaving a dysfunctional one since he is leaving the Lakers to go to the Kings.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#367 » by Mylie10 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:55 pm

If Durant does leave, getting Aminu from Portland would fit nicely with what we do.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#368 » by Mylie10 » Fri May 3, 2019 2:39 am

Big bummer for Danny Ainge....I hope he's ok.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#369 » by Coxy » Sat May 4, 2019 6:22 am

I want Vince Carter on the Warriors next season.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#370 » by Swift21 » Sun May 5, 2019 9:59 pm

Coxy wrote:I want Vince Carter on the Warriors next season.

He's already said he doesn't want to ring chase.
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#371 » by Muscles » Sat May 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#372 » by Coxy » Sun May 12, 2019 8:58 am

Muscles wrote:
Read on Twitter

Best thing they have done in years.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#373 » by Quazza » Mon May 13, 2019 1:41 am

That Kawhi game winner just now, my god ....
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,124

Post#374 » by cpower » Mon May 13, 2019 1:54 am

talking about turning a totaly choke job into a heroic finish..
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#375 » by donkeylips » Mon May 13, 2019 4:14 am

Both butler and Leonard coming up with big baskets after missing a late free throw
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,556

Post#376 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed May 15, 2019 12:53 am

Well, that was a fun twist re: the draft lottery. For all the business about, "The Knicks will trade Zion to get AD!", to see that pivot to, "No need. The Pelicans already have a Zion Williamson." is intriguing.

Was bummed to see the Knicks and the Lakers in the top 4, was fun to see them get called out at 4 and 3.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Muscles
Senior
And1: 270

Post#377 » by Muscles » Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 am

I tried to tell these loser Knicks fans they would never get the 1 pick. Not only that, but best they can do is Barrett. This is why nothing is a guarantee in the NBA when it comes to FA, draft, etc. AD and Zion will be fun to see. Morant may go to Knicks if Grizzlies want a scorer in Barrett. Or, Grizz can take Morant and wait a year or two till Conley contract is done. Either way, Lakers and Knicks aren't getting Zion, the world is right.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,190

Post#378 » by wco81 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:18 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Well, that was a fun twist re: the draft lottery. For all the business about, "The Knicks will trade Zion to get AD!", to see that pivot to, "No need. The Pelicans already have a Zion Williamson." is intriguing.

Was bummed to see the Knicks and the Lakers in the top 4, was fun to see them get called out at 4 and 3.

Lottery shenanigans again.

THey gave NO the #1 right as a new owner took over, so that they could pick AD.

Now AD is leaving, they give NO the #1 again to try to make that team viable, despite their low attendance.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,556

Post#379 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 am

wco81 wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Well, that was a fun twist re: the draft lottery. For all the business about, "The Knicks will trade Zion to get AD!", to see that pivot to, "No need. The Pelicans already have a Zion Williamson." is intriguing.

Lottery shenanigans again.

THey gave NO the #1 right as a new owner took over, so that they could pick AD.

Now AD is leaving, they give NO the #1 again to try to make that team viable, despite their low attendance.

You believe the league fixed the lottery to benefit New Orleans, instead of New York or Los Angeles. Meanwhile, the General Board is drowning in takes about how upset the league must be that New Orleans won. Points for originality, I guess.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#380 » by GS Warriors 1 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 am

NBA media is definitely pissed that Zion is going to N.O.

Suns big loser in the lotto, dropping from 2 to 6 they REALLY needed to at least get Ja Morant.

Return to Golden State Warriors