ImageImageImageImage

What should Orlando do with Vuc?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

What to do with Vuc after the season?

Sign him at all cost
19%
Sign him only for the right price
46%
Let him walk it is time to let Me Bamba grow
20%
Try to sign and trade him
10%
Sign Vuc and trade Mo Bamba
4%

Total votes: 125

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Re: What should Orlando do with Vuc? 

Post#261 » by zaymon » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:53 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:I don't want this guy anywhere near the Jazz or Lakers. Very unimpressed with his playoff performance.

Lakers are a complete mess and Jazz have their center. How you feel about Embiid great performances?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#262 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:16 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:I don't want this guy anywhere near the Jazz or Lakers. Very unimpressed with his playoff performance.

Wow.... you really had absolutely nothing to do today.... but just to mozy on over to our board to express your disgust about a player whose name has not even mentioned in the same breath as your jazz.... dang.... :noway:
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#263 » by OrlandO » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:31 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

Wow.... you really had absolutely nothing to do today.... but just to mozy on over to our board to express your disgust about a player whose name has not even mentioned in the same breath as your jazz.... dang.... :noway:

Fine with me. Lakers fans don't want him as backup if they strike out. Mavs fans don't want him anymore. Hopefully their GMs feel the same and the overall market demand has decreased. Will save us money when we re-sign him 8-) .
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#264 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:29 pm

OrlandO wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

Fine with me. Lakers fans don't want him as backup if they strike out. Mavs fans don't want him anymore. Hopefully their GMs feel the same and the overall market demand has decreased. Will save us money when we re-sign him 8-) .

Exactly what I thought after the series. "Hope this showing weeded out some of the competition... shaved off a couple million on the competitions pricetag"
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#265 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:28 pm

could say the same for a lot of players. Mitchell scored, but on horrible efficiency. he was just basically volume scoring. can look across the NBA for a lot of players like that in the playoffs this year
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,289

Post#266 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 1, 2019 8:05 am

Mitchell shot 32% FG on 22 FGA on 42% TS and guy talks about Vučević ... :lol:

Lakers ? Last time they were relevant to playoffs , Dallas swept them
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,708

Post#267 » by Message Boar » Fri May 3, 2019 2:56 am

Voted 'Sign him only for the right price' a while ago.

What that price is, however, I find hard to say. Vuc is good but center just isn't a valued position currently. I'm still happy to keep him leading our team while Bamba develops, but it is crucial that he retains positive trade value so we can move on when Mo is ready to roll. In such a scenario I would hope that the team works with Vuc and his agent to find a destination that he likes, considering his long service and loyalty to this team.

Before the playoffs I was thinking something like 4 years, 24 million a year flat (or front-loaded) with a player option on the fourth year. Unfortunately Nik looked so much more limited and stoppable in the postseason, which had me worried. So I wanted to take some time off to let it all sink in before answering this again. Which sample do you value? My general philosophy is that for most player and team evaluations, the regular season (months long sample) weighs heavier than a sample of a few weeks, especially in the case of a particularly unlucky matchup. Maybe it's my soccer background but where a team ends up in the regular season standings is the most accurate reflection of how good a team was that year. The exception is teams with legit championship hopes, what happens in the playoffs matters more in that case, but we are not such a team. The same logic holds for evaluating players, I think.

Ultimately, I'd probably still be willing to offer him 4 years, 20 million a year at a flat rate with a player option on year 4. I think it's fair that Gordon makes a bit more than him going forward, with the cap staying about the same and all. But Vuc was legitimately really, really good for us last year, and while he might not be quite as good, I don't think he's going to completely dog it for us under a new contract. Vuc seems to care about this team and playing competitive ball so I'd welcome him back, because I'd rather not imagine what this offense would look like without him.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,660

Post#268 » by orlando_joe » Fri May 3, 2019 10:47 am

Message Boar wrote:Voted 'Sign him only for the right price' a while ago.

What that price is, however, I find hard to say. Vuc is good but center just isn't a valued position currently. I'm still happy to keep him leading our team while Bamba develops, but it is crucial that he retains positive trade value so we can move on when Mo is ready to roll. In such a scenario I would hope that the team works with Vuc and his agent to find a destination that he likes, considering his long service and loyalty to this team.

Before the playoffs I was thinking something like 4 years, 24 million a year flat (or front-loaded) with a player option on the fourth year. Unfortunately Nik looked so much more limited and stoppable in the postseason, which had me worried. So I wanted to take some time off to let it all sink in before answering this again. Which sample do you value? My general philosophy is that for most player and team evaluations, the regular season (months long sample) weighs heavier than a sample of a few weeks, especially in the case of a particularly unlucky matchup. Maybe it's my soccer background but where a team ends up in the regular season standings is the most accurate reflection of how good a team was that year. The exception is teams with legit championship hopes, what happens in the playoffs matters more in that case, but we are not such a team. The same logic holds for evaluating players, I think.

Ultimately, I'd probably still be willing to offer him 4 years, 20 million a year at a flat rate with a player option on year 4. I think it's fair that Gordon makes a bit more than him going forward, with the cap staying about the same and all. But Vuc was legitimately really, really good for us last year, and while he might not be quite as good, I don't think he's going to completely dog it for us under a new contract. Vuc seems to care about this team and playing competitive ball so I'd welcome him back, because I'd rather not imagine what this offense would look like without him.

Gordon is set to make 20,18 then 16 next 3 years..would like same type contract 4 yr 74 mill declining contract would hold value I think
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,708

Post#269 » by Message Boar » Fri May 3, 2019 5:16 pm

^Damn, I knew AG's deal was front-loaded but not that the annual decline was that steep, that's a really nice contract. It would be sweet to get more of those, but I'm not sure players and/or agents would bite.

Return to Orlando Magic