ImageImageImageImage

What are your best Fournier trade proposals?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#1 » by Bensational » Thu May 2, 2019 11:52 pm

The team needs a backcourt upgrade. Fournier had a down season this season, he didn't show up in the playoffs, and he's paid a hefty amount.

What are your best proposals to trade him for the team to go a different direction in the backcourt? What teams could want him? What is the most value we could get back? Etc etc.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,631

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#2 » by Skin » Fri May 3, 2019 12:37 am

The options are bad. Even if we tried to ask for Biyombo, we would get denied because at least Biyombo's contract is expiring. We got 2 more years of this schmuck.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Bensational » Fri May 3, 2019 1:02 am

I think there will be some teams that want him.

Maybe Utah does Korver + Crowder for him? Or Exum + Korver/Crowder?

Maybe Nuggets could be tempted to do Plumlee + filler for him?

Spurs? Bertans + Belinelli?

Thunder might consider a Schroder for Fournier swap.

I'm sure the Wizards could be convinced to do a Mahinmi + value add for Fournier.

Rockets might consider Tucker + filler.

Dallas might do Lee + filler? Or Hardaway Jr for Fournier.

Heat might do Ryan Anderson + Derrick Jones Jr?

I think there are a lot of possible deals out there.
Message Boar
Starter
And1: 1,598

Post#4 » by Message Boar » Fri May 3, 2019 2:04 am

Eh, I'm sure you could find some trade offers considering his age and general track record. I've been ready to move on from Evan for a long time though, he's been the only guy on the roster who just rubbed me the wrong way, regardless if he was putting up decent stats or not. However, it might actually be worth it to hold onto him and see if he can have a better, more efficient start to next season and then move him before the deadline when his value has risen some. Obviously we shouldn't expect too much in return as it stands now.

That being said, I'll try to come up with a few ideas. Honestly, going through the teams I'm having trouble finding any logical partners in the east, but I can list some western teams that might be interested in Evan's services. Trading out of conference (/division) is usually easier anyway. I'll only list the basic framework that I'd have in mind and not list any possible 2nd rounders/marginal players that might be needed to balance out the trades.

A few assumptions:

a) The team will look to stay relatively competitive and retain Vuc/Ross if possible. b) We will probably draft a young sg/wing type of player with our first round draft pick, since there doesn't seem to be a pg worth taking in that range currently and we have plenty of bigs. Anyway enough talk, on to the list:

1) to Dallas for Courtney Lee's expiring and Jalen Brunson - Mavs could view Evan as a complementary player to Luka/KP, Magic get a young guard with some promise and clear some 2020 salary.

2) to Denver for Will Barton and Malik Beasley - Nuggets consolidate two backup sg/sf types into one, shed a questionable contract and move Beasley who might be hard to retain after his rookie contract because of the limited role/money they can offer him. This one might need some additional value from Orlando. I'd love to grab Monte Morris, but the Nugs would want to keep him, considering his contract.

3) to Memphis along with Augustin and Mozgov's expiring (+other assets) for Mike Conley and Avery Bradley - Memphis will want to move on from Conley, but I don't have a feel at all for what the market will look like. He's good and would obviously help us, but he has had injuries in the past and his contract is terrible. It will probably at least take our first rounder plus some young player (not any of our recent high picks though, more like Melvin Frazier or something). I included Augustin because of redundancy and Memphis needs a body to run the point during their rebuild.

4) to Portland for Evan Turner and Anfernee Simons - One Evan for another, but Simons has shown some promise and is the real target here. Portland gets a better shooting wing to help their bench offense. Turner's deal expires a year earlier than Fournier's. I might actually want some kind of pick from the Blazers here, considering Simons is hardly a sure thing.

5) to Utah for Dante Exum and Jae Crowder - Exum got hurt again, so maybe Utah will want to move on from that experiment and Orlando might take a chance on a reclamation project. Evan helps them more in the short term, especially if Grayson Allen doesn't look ready.

That's really all I could find that seemed remotely realistic while playing with the trade checker, at least in terms of two-team trades.
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#5 » by J the Drafter » Fri May 3, 2019 2:13 am

I have to question if a down year and a rough playoff series against a contender warrant dumping Fournier. (And maybe Cliff could have done more to free Fournier up and get him good looks?)
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Bensational » Fri May 3, 2019 6:04 am

Message Boar wrote:3) to Memphis along with Augustin and Mozgov's expiring (+other assets) for Mike Conley and Avery Bradley - Memphis will want to move on from Conley, but I don't have a feel at all for what the market will look like. He's good and would obviously help us, but he has had injuries in the past and his contract is terrible. It will probably at least take our first rounder plus some young player (not any of our recent high picks though, more like Melvin Frazier or something). I included Augustin because of redundancy and Memphis needs a body to run the point during their rebuild.

4) to Portland for Evan Turner and Anfernee Simons - One Evan for another, but Simons has shown some promise and is the real target here. Portland gets a better shooting wing to help their bench offense. Turner's deal expires a year earlier than Fournier's. I might actually want some kind of pick from the Blazers here, considering Simons is hardly a sure thing.

You've come up with some really great suggestions there, but these 2 really stand out to me.

The Conley deal is particularly interesting. Considering they moved Gasol for just Valanciunas (exp), CJ Miles, Delon Wright and a 2nd round pick, a combo of Fournier, Moz (exp) and DJ (exp) seems pretty comparable. I'm sure they'd want more, but who's paying it? We'd double down in salary for those 2 years remaining, but it still fits into our window of having cap space for 2020/21. The question is, how much extra value do we need to add to tip the deal over? A lottery protected 1st + some 2nds? Avery Bradley is + value on his own, so if the deal returned that, that's an incredible backcourt upgrade for us, but I feel like it needs more value in it for Memphis to bite.

Fournier for Turner + Simons is probably the simplest, obvious deal. Can't believe I didn't see it. Portland is shaping up to have big cap space next summer, with Turner, Harkless and Leonard all slated to come off the books at once. That's $39M. So they may not want to compromise that, but who knows? Turner isn't very good, but he's an expiring. Simons is the real prize. Having him as a potential future backcourt partner with Fultz would be terribly exciting. Plus he's a homegrown kid. That 37 point performance he put up at the end of the season was pretty stellar.

Great ideas dude.
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#7 » by Hogified05 » Fri May 3, 2019 6:37 am

I love me some Evan but I think bottom of the East playoffs is about as good as it's going get with Evan as our go to wing. I think it would even benefit Evan to go to a team like Houston or Portland. Somewhere he isn't the go to wing. If he had to just worry about being a spot up shooter his game would take off I think.

Been preaching it. But if we resign Vuc, first call I make is to Washington to see if they want to blow it up. I'd offer Evan, Bamba and our first (we got a 1st already in Fultz) for Beal. The trade works in the trade machine. Bamba is a helluva piece to rejump their organization. Let him get a year to play and develop before Wall gets back. He compliments Wall better than Beal. Think if we had Beal instead of Evan we are a 50 win team this year.

Fultz/DJ
Beal/Ross
AG/Wes/Ross
Isaac/ FA?
Vuc/Birch. That team does damage if Fultz works out

Of course if we keep Bamba which I'm fine with too unloading Evan gets tricker.

I tell you who does interest me on Denver who is being forgotten about is Micheal Porter. That dude hasnt been right for 2 years. But I recently saw a clip of him dunking between the legs. He had no spring from that injury. If he has it back I think he would be a STUD. I'd take a chance on him if Denver wanted to let him go in a Evan trade if it even works.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#8 » by drsd » Fri May 3, 2019 12:38 pm

Bensational wrote:
Message Boar wrote:3) to Memphis along with Augustin and Mozgov's expiring (+other assets) for Mike Conley and Avery Bradley - Memphis will want to move on from Conley, but I don't have a feel at all for what the market will look like. He's good and would obviously help us, but he has had injuries in the past and his contract is terrible. It will probably at least take our first rounder plus some young player (not any of our recent high picks though, more like Melvin Frazier or something). I included Augustin because of redundancy and Memphis needs a body to run the point during their rebuild.

Fournier for Turner + Simons is probably the simplest, obvious deal. Can't believe I didn't see it. Portland is shaping up to have big cap space next summer, with Turner, Harkless and Leonard all slated to come off the books at once. That's $39M. So they may not want to compromise that, but who knows? Turner isn't very good, but he's an expiring. Simons is the real prize. Having him as a potential future backcourt partner with Fultz would be terribly exciting. Plus he's a homegrown kid. That 37 point performance he put up at the end of the season was pretty stellar.

Great ideas dude.

This is intriguing. Orlando picking up a touch more salary on Turner actually makes the 2020/21 free agent run even more palatable. Clear Turner fits in to the Ross roll. Simons would presumably be thrilled to be a Magician, and he clearly looks to emerge at least as a competent back-up combo guard.

In the end, the fact that Turner is totally incompetent with the 3-ball probably kills this idea.

dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,026

Post#9 » by dsg2021 » Fri May 3, 2019 1:30 pm

First off, Fournier got trade interest from a few teams this past deadline, iirc. The one I recall very directly was POR being quite interested in Fournier just a few months ago. They would have loved Fournier over Hood.

Secondly, Fournier is not some easy replacement. I think a perfect SG has a good 3P% and a good 3-4 APG. Fournier does this. And more importantly, if he returns to it, I know Fournier will be a very effective and positive asset as a 3rd option type shooter. He could also be special off the bench, too.

As such, the only real scenario I see with his subdued value due to a subpar season is a trade for Kemba Walker. And imo, it was always a SnT scenario with Kemba. You don't trade for a 29 year old PG while losing our other best under-29 vets to do it (Vooch, Ross namely). It will be a little tricky, but if Kemba makes an outright-signing list during FA, CHA will be just as open to SnT's then, which opens up Clifford and the Magic.

It's probably not something that ORL and Kemba can line up right away, not without Kemba giving the 'thank you to CHA fans' newspaper ad and making some serious looks towards cap-space teams. But then, in a SnT idea, you have many more options.

One possible option:
Evan Fournier, D.J. Augustin, Timofey Mozgov, 2020 1st (top 10 prot. until conveyed), 2022 1st (top 14 prot. until conveyed)
FOR
Kemba Walker, Cody Zeller

(CHA gains two 1sts but with 1 year of cap flotsam, however, their cap is already mostly cleared out after just that 1 season, with only Batum & Fournier remaining on what would then-be last year deals.)

Another possible option:
Markelle Fultz, Evan Fournier, D.J. Augustin, Timofey Mozgov, 2020 1st (top 10 prot. until conveyed)
FOR
Kemba Walker, Nic Batum, 7.25 mil TPE

(CHA gains two 1sts and the Fultz low-risk-high-reward gamble that can turnaround a rebuild instantly, but again, CHA is saddled with 1 year of cap flotsam, and yet again, it is to be mostly cleared out with only Fournier and Zeller remaining on what would then-be last year deals.)

If CHA is losing Kemba, they will naturally tank-out, so the 1-year cap flotsam is not as big a deal as it seems. It'll help them for the next big Zion-like or Barrett-like prospect. In the meantime, it would be something like the Monk, Miles, and Markelle show with one added 1st (or two 1st's if Markelle is off the table). Meanwhile, the 1-year cap flotsam could possibly give CHA a really nice top 3 pick too. And expiring assets to trade the next-next year in Fournier and/or Batum/Markelle.

ORL:
Kemba / Briscoe / MCW
Ross / (#16) Nickeil AW / Belinelli
Isaac / Batum / Belinelli
Gordon / Ariza / Isaac
Vooch / Bamba / Birch

Major losses: Markelle Fultz, Evan Fournier, one to two mid/late 1st's
Major additions: Kemba Walker, NAW #16, Nic Batum, Trevor Ariza, Marco Belinelli, and (Mo Bamba & I. Briscoe from injury)

Notes:
- Examining carefully, I see ORL looking to pull off a non-taxpayer or taxpayer Mid-Level exception before/with SnT'ing for Kemba, such as a 3-year deal to Ariza.
- ORL also shops the league with one or two 2nd's to use the newly acquired 7.25 mil TPE (+100k); one realistically helpful name I found was, say, sharpshooter Belinelli specifically.
- I also see Batum as useful a piece as Ariza. Batum got some heat for not being a bigger scoring option, especially at his contract value, but in ORL, there's not much scoring pressure, and all of his other skills are a great fit. It's going to be really hard for AG and J.I. to keep their starting jobs over Ariza and Batum (for the better of their developments, imo).
- I absolutely love the replacement committee that would be in Fournier's place; NAW, Batum, Ariza, Belinelli. Meanwhile, you got the Vooch and T Ross show backed up by KEMBA WALKER! It's not some title contender if GSW's stars all re-sign, but it puts ORL back on the map for future FA's and trades.
- 5 year, 17-22 mil per range, trade kicker, incentives to go higher (making playoffs, passing rd1, avg.ing 1.5 3PM per game, avg.ing 1 BPG), for Vooch.
- 4 year, 11 mil per, last year TO, for T Ross.
- Major cap space for ORL in 2021, 2022 seasons still protected, essentially. And, honestly, #16 could be any position at all, as the real hope is ORL finally makes a big sleeper hit, and another player becoming another major boom/core-piece for ORL.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#10 » by TGW » Fri May 3, 2019 2:12 pm

Hogified05 wrote:I love me some Evan but I think bottom of the East playoffs is about as good as it's going get with Evan as our go to wing. I think it would even benefit Evan to go to a team like Houston or Portland. Somewhere he isn't the go to wing. If he had to just worry about being a spot up shooter his game would take off I think.

Been preaching it. But if we resign Vuc, first call I make is to Washington to see if they want to blow it up. I'd offer Evan, Bamba and our first (we got a 1st already in Fultz) for Beal. The trade works in the trade machine. Bamba is a helluva piece to rejump their organization. Let him get a year to play and develop before Wall gets back. He compliments Wall better than Beal. Think if we had Beal instead of Evan we are a 50 win team this year.

Fultz/DJ
Beal/Ross
AG/Wes/Ross
Isaac/ FA?
Vuc/Birch. That team does damage if Fultz works out

Of course if we keep Bamba which I'm fine with too unloading Evan gets tricker.

I tell you who does interest me on Denver who is being forgotten about is Micheal Porter. That dude hasnt been right for 2 years. But I recently saw a clip of him dunking between the legs. He had no spring from that injury. If he has it back I think he would be a STUD. I'd take a chance on him if Denver wanted to let him go in a Evan trade if it even works.

The Wizards would have zero interest in a deal like this. We already have Bryant and Portis at center, who are both better than Bamba, so he's unnecessary and not meaningful to the Wizards. Fournier is just a stopgap, and the first is a non-lottery pick.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,074

Post#11 » by tiderulz » Fri May 3, 2019 2:39 pm

dsg2021 wrote:First off, Fournier got trade interest from a few teams this past deadline, iirc. The one I recall very directly was POR being quite interested in Fournier just a few months ago. They would have loved Fournier over Hood.

Secondly, Fournier is not some easy replacement. I think a perfect SG has a good 3P% and a good 3-4 APG. Fournier does this. And more importantly, if he returns to it, I know Fournier will be a very effective and positive asset as a 3rd option type shooter. He could also be special off the bench, too.

As such, the only real scenario I see with his subdued value due to a subpar season is a trade for Kemba Walker. And imo, it was always a SnT scenario with Kemba. You don't trade for a 29 year old PG while losing our other best under-29 vets to do it (Vooch, Ross namely). It will be a little tricky, but if Kemba makes an outright-signing list during FA, CHA will be just as open to SnT's then, which opens up Clifford and the Magic.

It's probably not something that ORL and Kemba can line up right away, not without Kemba giving the 'thank you to CHA fans' newspaper ad and making some serious looks towards cap-space teams. But then, in a SnT idea, you have many more options.

One possible option:
Evan Fournier, D.J. Augustin, Timofey Mozgov, 2020 1st (top 10 prot. until conveyed), 2022 1st (top 14 prot. until conveyed)
FOR
Kemba Walker, Cody Zeller

(CHA gains two 1sts but with 1 year of cap flotsam, however, their cap is already mostly cleared out after just that 1 season, with only Batum & Fournier remaining on what would then-be last year deals.)

Another possible option:
Markelle Fultz, Evan Fournier, D.J. Augustin, Timofey Mozgov, 2020 1st (top 10 prot. until conveyed)
FOR
Kemba Walker, Nic Batum, 7.25 mil TPE

(CHA gains two 1sts and the Fultz low-risk-high-reward gamble that can turnaround a rebuild instantly, but again, CHA is saddled with 1 year of cap flotsam, and yet again, it is to be mostly cleared out with only Fournier and Zeller remaining on what would then-be last year deals.)

If CHA is losing Kemba, they will naturally tank-out, so the 1-year cap flotsam is not as big a deal as it seems. It'll help them for the next big Zion-like or Barrett-like prospect. In the meantime, it would be something like the Monk, Miles, and Markelle show with one added 1st (or two 1st's if Markelle is off the table). Meanwhile, the 1-year cap flotsam could possibly give CHA a really nice top 3 pick too. And expiring assets to trade the next-next year in Fournier and/or Batum/Markelle.

ORL:
Kemba / Briscoe / MCW
Ross / (#16) Nickeil AW / Belinelli
Isaac / Batum / Belinelli
Gordon / Ariza / Isaac
Vooch / Bamba / Birch

Major losses: Markelle Fultz, Evan Fournier, one to two mid/late 1st's
Major additions: Kemba Walker, NAW #16, Nic Batum, Trevor Ariza, Marco Belinelli, and (Mo Bamba & I. Briscoe from injury)

Notes:
- Examining carefully, I see ORL looking to pull off a non-taxpayer or taxpayer Mid-Level exception before/with SnT'ing for Kemba, such as a 3-year deal to Ariza.
- ORL also shops the league with one or two 2nd's to use the newly acquired 7.25 mil TPE (+100k); one realistically helpful name I found was, say, sharpshooter Belinelli specifically.
- I also see Batum as useful a piece as Ariza. Batum got some heat for not being a bigger scoring option, especially at his contract value, but in ORL, there's not much scoring pressure, and all of his other skills are a great fit. It's going to be really hard for AG and J.I. to keep their starting jobs over Ariza and Batum (for the better of their developments, imo).
- I absolutely love the replacement committee that would be in Fournier's place; NAW, Batum, Ariza, Belinelli. Meanwhile, you got the Vooch and T Ross show backed up by KEMBA WALKER! It's not some title contender if GSW's stars all re-sign, but it puts ORL back on the map for future FA's and trades.
- 5 year, 17-22 mil per range, trade kicker, incentives to go higher (making playoffs, passing rd1, avg.ing 1.5 3PM per game, avg.ing 1 BPG), for Vooch.
- 4 year, 11 mil per, last year TO, for T Ross.
- Major cap space for ORL in 2021, 2022 seasons still protected, essentially. And, honestly, #16 could be any position at all, as the real hope is ORL finally makes a big sleeper hit, and another player becoming another major boom/core-piece for ORL.

trading Fournier but taking back Batum and his horrible contract? no thanks.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#12 » by MagicFan101 » Fri May 3, 2019 5:07 pm

IMO we are stuck with Fournier. He is better than many here give him credit for ... which isn’t saying much given the hate ... but he also has a lot of flaws which won’t excite a team into making a move for him unless it is through a salary dump move or we include picks.

All in all, it probably makes the most sense to ride out his contract for one more year and see if someone wants to deal for him in his final season.
NBlue
Rookie
And1: 714

Post#13 » by NBlue » Fri May 3, 2019 7:31 pm

The deal Portland offered (reportedly) was Hark + a first for him. I would have taken in. I understand why it was rejected as it would have made us worse in the short term possibly (probably) costing us a playoff bid + our not-so-great history with Hark. That said, I would take the deal in a heartbeat now if we could get it.

I think Evan's contract will be hard to move. He is a net negative player with his contract. I think what we do with him though really depends on what we do with Vooch and the money situation flowing from that. I definitely would prefer to extricate ourselves from Evan and would love a big move like Beal or Jrue even though those seem unlikely.

That said, if we were to resign Vooch would the possibility of Evan, Bamba and our first rounder be enough to entice the Pels to trade Jrue (assuming a Brow trade is also occurring) -- I dunno but I would love it.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#14 » by orlando_joe » Fri May 3, 2019 7:52 pm

wait till trade deadline next yr to do anything I still think he turns it around..not getting anything good right now..i hate selling on as low as it can go
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#15 » by NotACat » Fri May 3, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm probably the odd one out here, but I'm interested in retaining him for this season at least. I'm not considering any trade proposals unless he's part of deal for a clear talent upgrade at a reasonable age or a good prospect (Beal, Brandon Ingram, etc.)
Black Lives Matter
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#16 » by zaymon » Fri May 3, 2019 8:33 pm

NotACat wrote:I'm probably the odd one out here, but I'm interested in retaining him for this season at least. I'm not considering any trade proposals unless he's part of deal for a clear talent upgrade at a reasonable age or a good prospect (Beal, Brandon Ingram, etc.)

Well you are the odd one but only in this weird thread where we trade player with our most needed skill set for mostly scraps. Fournier struggled becouse we have not enough ball handlers. I agree with the sell low. He is still young, motivated, last year he moved into top 30 best passing guards in the league above 6'4 tall. He is not elite but i would argue he is above average two way player. Next year he will be more familiar with Clifford system, Isaac and Gordon hopefully will be better shooters and ball handlers, and if by miracle Fultz is healthy Evan can be MIP on our team.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#17 » by ezzzp » Fri May 3, 2019 9:45 pm

There is no way I trade Fournier until:

1 Ross is resigned

2 With or without Vucevic and Ross, the Magic will still need a secondary lane penetrator/creator. Until you find an upgrade over Fournier in that role, you don't move him as the Magic have no replacement for that. Despite his bad shooting season, Fournier is still one of the better wings at drive/creation and way cheaper than most of the top wings at it.

Here are the guards that were in similar range or above in: drive volume, efficiency (FG%), and creation (AST%)...notice how most are PG's: https://on.nba.com/2LmQZSJ you can slide the filters lower if you want wider margin and more players in mix, but you'll find he's still one of better wings

3 We know what we have with Fultz. Its highly possible that we'll need to surround Fultz with shooters to compensate for his lack of it and thus driving and passing lanes will be at a premium. Even though Fournier shot the ball poorly from 3 last year, he's still a career 37% shooter from there, its more likely that last year was just an off year for Fournier rather than that he is suddenly just not good shooter he has been his entire basketball career. Magic can't trade away shooting without getting equal or better in return - at minimum.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Bensational » Fri May 3, 2019 11:19 pm

I see a lot of people more or less wanting to return the same team, maybe sans Ross. We don't want to let Vuc go, WeHam have stated that Bamba, Isaac and Fultz are 'the core', so that doesn't leave us with many options for improving the team. We would have Gordon, Fournier, a #16 pick and a small amount of cap space to then address the team's need for more playmaking.

If you trade any of them, you're most likely looking at returning a backcourt player. There just aren't many SFs who offer better playmaking than what Gordon does, that aren't beyond our price range. So if we trade him for a backcourt option (Beal/JRue/McCollum), then Evan has to play SF - and he won't cut it in Clifford's defense where crashing the boards is mandatory.

So it makes the most sense to move Fournier, ideally for multiple players who can be split between the bench and the starting lineup, and preferably for a younger prospect who's stuck on a bench behind depth on a win-now team.

Otherwise, we're back to counting on Fultz, Gordon or Isaac to make a pretty unlikely jump into the role of primary calibre playmaker.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,839

Post#19 » by JF5 » Sat May 4, 2019 12:48 am

With the development of Issac/Bamba/Fultz I don't think its likely Fournier gets traded unless you get a starting quality 3D veteran who would space the floor and add experience to replace him.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,067

Post#20 » by SOUL » Sat May 4, 2019 12:59 am

I think some posters are in for a rude awakening at how we will want to improve our team. Whether it be by involving young players in a package deal (like Bamba) for a legit scorer, or moving on from Vuc, or trying to immediately upgrade DJ and Fournier. I don't think the team will get torn apart or anything, but there will be a clear direction we're going in with our offseason moves, and I think the FO will make some moves that will try to enhance those moves. Don't see us running it back with the same pecking order.

Return to Orlando Magic