ImageImageImageImageImage

D'Angelo Russell Cited For Marijuana Possession

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,440

Re: D'Angelo Russell Cited For Marijuana Possession 

Post#21 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2019 4:14 am

kamaze wrote:Ganja is a good thing it helps with pain and people I know that have PTSD say it helps them. Here in Jersey you need a medical card to smoke it legally I'm not up on the rules in NY. I'd think if they caught you on the street with it in NY cops wouldn't care but since the dumb ass brought it on a plane the rules are different.

If he had tried to bring it on a plane in Newark he would have been arrested. In NY, he got a citation.

Weed prohibition is so stupid, but he's a dumb ass for this.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#22 » by SpeedyG » Fri May 3, 2019 10:30 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:This should take out at least 5M per year from his new deal .... but seriously he doesn't have any friends in his hometown that can get him some bud? or maybe louisville has trash bud.

I dunno man...weed down south is kinda trash compared to up here based on my experience. But I haven't smoked weed in seven years so I dunno.

I'd rather get high off some down south garbage weed instead of trying to get caught by the TSA smuggling some high quality goods through Gate C at LaGuardia :crazy:
He's got $100M coming his way. There's about $100M ways he could have gotten this to Louisville without carrying it himself through TSA

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#23 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2019 12:58 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:This should take out at least 5M per year from his new deal .... but seriously he doesn't have any friends in his hometown that can get him some bud? or maybe louisville has trash bud.

I dunno man...weed down south is kinda trash compared to up here based on my experience. But I haven't smoked weed in seven years so I dunno.

I'd rather get high off some down south garbage weed instead of trying to get caught by the TSA smuggling some high quality goods through Gate C at LaGuardia :crazy:
He's got $100M coming his way. There's about $100M ways he could have gotten this to Louisville without carrying it himself through TSA

The kid is FROM there. There is no way in hell that he can't get there and have a pound of Kentucky's best dirt weed waiting for him at home.

I don't think this should change anything in the plans this summer but the front office needs to sit him down and lay out some expectations, and using better judgment off the court is one of them.

I can't lie, I think I'm more disappointed in his lack of common sense than anything else.

Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#24 » by Antti22 » Fri May 3, 2019 1:04 pm

If this knocks 5 mill/year off his contract, Im happy.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,686

Post#25 » by Rich Rane » Fri May 3, 2019 2:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

The kid is FROM there. There is no way in hell that he can't get there and have a pound of Kentucky's best dirt weed waiting for him at home.

I don't think this should change anything in the plans this summer but the front office needs to sit him down and lay out some expectations, and using better judgment off the court is one of them.

I can't lie, I think I'm more disappointed in his lack of common sense than anything else.

Also, who flies out of LaGuardia anymore? Not that Newark or JFk are much better...wow, NY/NJ needs to get its :censored: together on airports.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#26 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2019 3:34 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:He's got $100M coming his way. There's about $100M ways he could have gotten this to Louisville without carrying it himself through TSA

Also, who flies out of LaGuardia anymore? Not that Newark or JFk are much better...wow, NY/NJ needs to get its :censored: together on airports.

Lets be grateful that he didn't fly out of Newark, otherwise the images of him being perp walked by the TSA would be horrible optics.

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#27 » by 3pt_chucker » Fri May 3, 2019 4:39 pm

As someone who partakes, I totally get why he would try to get it on a plane

There are people who do this all the time(as in put in checked bags) and probably got bad advice that it'll be fine. He should've known better but then again, he just turned 23 :lol:

Not a big deal tho.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Post#28 » by Papi_swav » Fri May 3, 2019 6:46 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:He's got $100M coming his way. There's about $100M ways he could have gotten this to Louisville without carrying it himself through TSA

JFK is sooooooo much better than LaGuardia, it's so easy to get lost at LaGuardia.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#29 » by SpeedyG » Fri May 3, 2019 6:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Someone brought up a point about the Arizona cannister...this was a planned packing. You don't just have that canister lying around if you don't plan on using it, which means...who knows when/where else he has used it?

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#30 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2019 9:17 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Someone brought up a point about the Arizona cannister...this was a planned packing. You don't just have that canister lying around if you don't plan on using it, which means...who knows when/where else he has used it?

I mean well the secret is out that he smokes weed so I'm sure this isn't the first time he's traveled with it.

But its just...STUPID lol. Like come on dude.

I'll say this...I will take him getting caught for something dumb like this over him getting behind the wheel piss drunk and god forbid. But he's got to be smarter.

I used to do a ton of dumb **** with weed when I was his age and I think back at how lucky I am not to have been caught for it, so its hard for me to be mad but damn you make 7 mil a year and have connections out the ass. There's no way you should be getting hemmed up for weed in an airport.

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 657

Post#31 » by NetsJets » Sun May 5, 2019 12:54 am

This is some wild news especially with free agency around the corner.

Return to Brooklyn Nets