ImageImageImageImageImage

Kenny Atkinson's idea

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Kenny Atkinson's idea 

Post#1 » by kamaze » Sun May 5, 2019 4:40 am

“My romantic ideal is to develop our own and create a superstar from one of our draft picks or someone we acquire like the Spencer Dinwiddie’s,” said Atkinson. “I think that’s possible. I know no one else thinks that’s possible, you can’t take these guys and (win), they’ll be good but (not great). I’m in our guys’ ears, Caris (LeVert), Spencer, D-Lo, let’s go to great. Just good isn’t good enough. That’s my romantic idea, my job.

This sounds good keep building through the draft and add role players in free agency. Get a stud in a trade and keep the cap space to acquire more picks if they don't get who they want in free agency.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
kamaze
General Manager

Re: Kenny Atkinson's idea towards the future roster 

Post#2 » by kamaze » Sun May 5, 2019 4:45 am

kamaze
General Manager

Re: Kenny Atkinson's idea 

Post#3 » by kamaze » Mon May 6, 2019 3:35 am

Danny Green could be an option after they go after the cream of the crop. He's a good 3point shooter and defender from the Popovic mold.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Mon May 6, 2019 11:33 am

kamaze wrote:Danny Green could be an option after they go after the cream of the crop. He's a good 3point shooter and defender from the Popovic mold.

Danny green would be a waste of cap space. we already have harris and crabbe. Green doesnt move the needle much and would cost 30-40% of our available cap. he is also 32 and coming off an outlier season
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#5 » by drchaos » Mon May 6, 2019 4:33 pm

kamaze wrote:Danny Green could be an option after they go after the cream of the crop. He's a good 3point shooter and defender from the Popovic mold.

I would rather bring back bogdanivic.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#6 » by kamaze » Mon May 6, 2019 5:22 pm

drchaos wrote:

Bogdanovic is just like Harris in that he's a shooter that doesn't excel in the fast break or attacking the rim and finishing with a dunk. He's also not a good defender.
The team could use someone at small forward who is a good defender, can attack the rim and get to the free throw line and/or get out in the fast break because of defense.

They have Harris and Crabbe they don't need Bogey.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#7 » by kamaze » Mon May 6, 2019 5:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Danny green would be a waste of cap space. we already have harris and crabbe. Green doesnt move the needle much and would cost 30-40% of our available cap. he is also 32 and coming off an outlier season

The first thing they need to do is look for a power forward after that depending on how much money is left over they can fix the rest of the roster.

His age could be a positive Sean Marks will figure it out.
I'm thinking of shifting this team to more of a defensive club with guys who fit in the offense he fits to a tee. He's also a Long Island native.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#8 » by MGrand15 » Mon May 6, 2019 7:52 pm

I don't see what Danny Green has to do with Kenny's quote.

I did love hearing this from Kenny. I think people forgot how good Spencer was before his thumb injury. 17 and 5 on great efficiency with some monster clutch games. His 3pt shot fell off a cliff after the surgery. If he and LeVert can get their 3pt percentage up to even 35%, we're talking about 2 guys who can get to the rim at will and get you 5 assist a game. Dinwiddie should realistically be around 37%.

Russell was great for us this year but he was still just a borderline all star. Kenny was trying to say that there's still plenty of room for internal improvement. Good to great is the perfect message for the squad.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#9 » by kamaze » Mon May 6, 2019 11:41 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I don't see what Danny Green has to do with Kenny's quote.

I did love hearing this from Kenny. I think people forgot how good Spencer was before his thumb injury. 17 and 5 on great efficiency with some monster clutch games. His 3pt shot fell off a cliff after the surgery. If he and LeVert can get their 3pt percentage up to even 35%, we're talking about 2 guys who can get to the rim at will and get you 5 assist a game. Dinwiddie should realistically be around 37%.

Russell was great for us this year but he was still just a borderline all star. Kenny was trying to say that there's still plenty of room for internal improvement. Good to great is the perfect message for the squad.

Signing Green works well with building through the draft they still need some good defensive minded vets. Speaking of 3 point percentage he shot 45 % from there.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#10 » by Prokorov » Tue May 7, 2019 3:21 am

kamaze wrote:
drchaos wrote:

Bogdanovic is just like Harris in that he's a shooter that doesn't excel in the fast break or attacking the rim and finishing with a dunk. He's also not a good defender.
The team could use someone at small forward who is a good defender, can attack the rim and get to the free throw line and/or get out in the fast break because of defense.

Green isnt good at the rim. he barely scores at the rim at all.

harris on the other hand 2 years in a row is among the best finishers at the rim. his volume at the rim is much higher then green. bogdanovic scored 3 times as many points at the rim as green.

green is pretty much exclusively an outside shooter... even on the break.

maybe you are thinking of jaymychel green?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Tue May 7, 2019 3:22 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

The first thing they need to do is look for a power forward after that depending on how much money is left over they can fix the rest of the roster.

His age could be a positive Sean Marks will figure it out.
I'm thinking of shifting this team to more of a defensive club with guys who fit in the offense he fits to a tee. He's also a Long Island native.

We need talent... at PF would be nice but we need star talent anywhere we can get it.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#12 » by kamaze » Tue May 7, 2019 3:55 am

double post Go Nets!

kamaze
General Manager

Post#13 » by kamaze » Tue May 7, 2019 3:58 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

harris on the other hand 2 years in a row is among the best finishers at the rim. his volume at the rim is much higher then green. bogdanovic scored 3 times as many points at the rim as green.

I was talking about small forwards getting to the rim not shooting guards.
Harris and Crabbe are shooting guards that can play small forward but playing on the perimeter is their bread and butter.

It's ok if your shooting guard doesn't go to the rim if the rest of the team does.
The point guard, the small forward, the power forward and the center.
The problem is when you don't have a point guard that get to the line, a small forward who doesn't and neither does the power forward.

Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#14 » by Aussienet3 » Tue May 7, 2019 10:16 pm

KD and Brook Lopez plus internal development will get this team to the ECF finals as a minimum. I still don't get how people on here are in love with us signing ball hogging guards like Kyrie, Kemba or Butler. Our guards know the system and how to share the ball. If we can't get KD then maybe Harris or Randle.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#15 » by drchaos » Tue May 7, 2019 10:41 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:KD and Brook Lopez plus internal development will get this team to the ECF finals as a minimum. I still don't get how people on here are in love with us signing ball hogging guards like Kyrie, Kemba or Butler. Our guards know the system and how to share the ball. If we can't get KD then maybe Harris or Randle.

Butler is an elite defender that we are sorely lacking.

Anything he does on offense is just gravy.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#16 » by Aussienet3 » Tue May 7, 2019 10:45 pm

drchaos wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:KD and Brook Lopez plus internal development will get this team to the ECF finals as a minimum. I still don't get how people on here are in love with us signing ball hogging guards like Kyrie, Kemba or Butler. Our guards know the system and how to share the ball. If we can't get KD then maybe Harris or Randle.

I see a player who has burned through 3 teams in 4 years. Something doesn't add up. Therefore it's a no from me.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Wed May 8, 2019 1:09 pm

kamaze wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I was talking about small forwards getting to the rim not shooting guards.
Harris and Crabbe are shooting guards that can play small forward but playing on the perimeter is their bread and butter.

It's ok if your shooting guard doesn't go to the rim if the rest of the team does.
The point guard, the small forward, the power forward and the center.
The problem is when you don't have a point guard that get to the line, a small forward who doesn't and neither does the power forward.

That still doesnt change the fact that green isnt good at the rim, makes our problem worse, would use up a huge portion of our cap preventing us from bringing in good players, and is completely redundant with harris and crabbe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Wed May 8, 2019 1:13 pm

Everyone would want KD, obviously.

Brook Lopez is a role player, we were smart to move on from him and have done nothing but improve since we got rid of him and moved to modern centers.

Randle will cost to much, cant justify paying a backup center 15-20 million.

Kemba, Butler, and Kyrie are all star players who for 82 games give you what Russell gave us for 3 months. all are perfect fits hit and all would move the needle in a big way. Kennys system wants 2 ball handlers who can shoot on the floor at all times. id be trhilled with any of those guys
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Wed May 8, 2019 1:15 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:
drchaos wrote:

I see a player who has burned through 3 teams in 4 years. Something doesn't add up. Therefore it's a no from me.

He led the bulls to the playoffs, when they rebuilt he was dealt to minnesota.... hard not to see why he would want out when they have entitle young kids who dont want to work hard and are in a horrible location.

in philly he has been excellent. doing a tonof heavy lifting in the playoffs

he is also among the top 3 clutch players in the league the past 3-4 seasons
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#20 » by NetsJets » Wed May 8, 2019 4:06 pm

Lol at backup center

Return to Brooklyn Nets