ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,458

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1381 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri May 3, 2019 9:57 pm

He'll mature a bit I think over this offseason in terms of his diet...I hope at least. Diet is absolutely important, especially with what he does for a living. If he really gets on it about his diet and dedicates himself the way a person in his position should, then I think the injuries will die down a bit. Haven't really heard anything about his knee for the past week and a half. I mean two weeks ago some of you were prepping for the Embiid Apocalypse. "Broken Treadmills" "The Bynum curse strikes Embiid!" Really haven't heard anything lately. If he's done a crash diet I think it might actually be working. He's looked good so far against Toronto.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#1382 » by rzzzzz » Fri May 3, 2019 10:08 pm

honestly, I wish he would hook up with Kareem, do yoga and go vegan. he won't, of course. but it's just what he needs.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,999

Post#1383 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2019 10:50 pm

Can't blame him with his diet in some ways. He doesn't drink alcohol. You need to be able to get some enjoyment from life. It's not like I want him to be an alcoholic, but he's young so I get it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#1384 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat May 4, 2019 12:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:Can't blame him with his diet in some ways. He doesn't drink alcohol. You need to be able to get some enjoyment from life. It's not like I want him to be an alcoholic, but he's young so I get it.

If he wants to be an MVP, have a longer career and be remembered as an all time great, then he absolutely needs a top diet. And at all times, starting in this offseason, not only when he is injured. I guarantee his stamina issues are mostly diet related.
Horrible takes since 2016
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1385 » by eyeatoma » Sat May 4, 2019 1:01 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Can't blame him with his diet in some ways. He doesn't drink alcohol. You need to be able to get some enjoyment from life. It's not like I want him to be an alcoholic, but he's young so I get it.

If he wants to be an MVP, have a longer career and be remembered as an all time great, then he absolutely needs a top diet. And at all times, starting in this offseason, not only when he is injured. I guarantee his stamina issues are mostly diet related.
Agreed I think he'll focus on that this off-season.

51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#1386 » by 51X3RF4N » Sat May 4, 2019 2:57 am

I just want to take a moment to sit here and truly appreciate the GREATNESS in front of us with Joel Embiid. I mean, it's almost unbelievable if I wasn't seeing it with my own eyes. The nostalgic part of me wants to see AI suit up next season on a vet min deal just for like a few minutes a game off the bench as an instant offense PnR with Embiid just for **** and gigs.

Joel is my favorite Sixer since AI and those 2 are my favorite all time Sixers.

Joel Embiid is a blessing to this humble fan. Truly, I cannot even begin to express in words how it makes me feel to see Joel out there dominating like he does.

We all should not take this for granted. This is so incredibly special.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#1387 » by 76ciology » Sat May 4, 2019 5:36 am

76ciology wrote:
76ciology wrote:I know people like to criticize Ben’s shooting. If you think about the team, not the individual player and have no intention in trading one of them, it’s better for Biid to develop his shooting since it’s more likely than Ben having one. While this bullyball offense takes a lot from him.

There will be times when he will have to face guys like Baynes or Gasol where he needs to reinvent his game. Or else he would have to defer on offense to not hurt the team.

Nobody can stop him if his shot is falling

??

Guys im telling u this is how he should play. He should be a much better shooter and he can be one
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#1388 » by 76ciology » Sat May 4, 2019 5:38 am

I was listening to “The Ringer”. interesting how they said it’s the first time for a while that having a center has been an advantage. Jokic has also been killin in in the west. This playoffs could be a theme of the end of LeBron era and the rise of the new age centers
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#1389 » by Ericb5 » Sat May 4, 2019 9:23 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:I just want to take a moment to sit here and truly appreciate the GREATNESS in front of us with Joel Embiid. I mean, it's almost unbelievable if I wasn't seeing it with my own eyes. The nostalgic part of me wants to see AI suit up next season on a vet min deal just for like a few minutes a game off the bench as an instant offense PnR with Embiid just for **** and gigs.

Joel is my favorite Sixer since AI and those 2 are my favorite all time Sixers.

Joel Embiid is a blessing to this humble fan. Truly, I cannot even begin to express in words how it makes me feel to see Joel out there dominating like he does.

We all should not take this for granted. This is so incredibly special.

I think that he is already better than Barkley and Iverson, and the only thing standing between him and Moses and Julius, is time, and health.

I mean Moses won a championship and multiple mvp’s, but as a pure basketball player, I think that Embiid is already better than him. He just needs to prove it over the next 3-5 years. That basically means that he needs to remain healthy, and over that time, win an mvp and a championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#1390 » by snoopdogg88 » Mon May 6, 2019 1:18 pm

There’s no way his diet is the only culprit for him being sick all the time.

He’s been on IV like multiple times this season.

There has to be a more serious issues at play here. Have a bad feeling about all of this.

His body is cursed. We already know this.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1391 » by XDevilBoiX » Mon May 6, 2019 9:09 pm

Heard on the radio that Embiid was out Saturday night at a concert, not sure if it’s legit but it’s damn concerning if it is true. Not what you want from your superstar the night before a playoff game.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1392 » by eyeatoma » Mon May 6, 2019 9:35 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:There’s no way his diet is the only culprit for him being sick all the time.

There has to be a more serious issues at play here. Have a bad feeling about all of this.

Uhhh...You're being melodramatic. He's fine. He had diahreea and a cold in the same week. Why are people feeling there is somethign more sinister at hand. I know it's one thing after the other with him, but, there is nothing that says that his illness is something worse than a cold. The only reason he's on an IV is so he can play. If not they would let his natural immune system deal with the cold, and it would take a week for him to recover.
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#1393 » by fl311 » Mon May 6, 2019 11:29 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:There’s no way his diet is the only culprit for him being sick all the time.

Wrong
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#1394 » by fl311 » Mon May 6, 2019 11:30 pm

XDevilBoiX wrote:Heard on the radio that Embiid was out Saturday night at a concert, not sure if it’s legit but it’s damn concerning if it is true. Not what you want from your superstar the night before a playoff game.

He was at a comedy show and Home before 10.

He got sick that night and the show had nothing to do with it. He doesn’t drink
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#1395 » by nitocobola » Tue May 7, 2019 1:35 am

fl311 wrote:
XDevilBoiX wrote:Heard on the radio that Embiid was out Saturday night at a concert, not sure if it’s legit but it’s damn concerning if it is true. Not what you want from your superstar the night before a playoff game.

Maybe he should stay at home?

our season maybe is over this week, he will have all the summer to go to comedy show's, party and do what the **** he wants.

unbelievable :banghead:
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1396 » by cool93 » Tue May 7, 2019 2:08 am

nitocobola wrote:
fl311 wrote:

our season maybe is over this week, he will have all the summer to go to comedy show's, party and do what the **** he wants.

If he was home before 10 than I don't see what's a problem.

Him eating **** food is a problem though.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#1397 » by sixers hoops » Tue May 7, 2019 2:16 am

nitocobola wrote:
fl311 wrote:

Him staying home isn’t necessary. Regarding getting sick, he is routinely going to stadiums with 20k people so going out in public isn’t a huge concern. And going to a comedy club for a few hours isn’t going to fatigue him for a game.

The only reason for him to stay home would be to avoid criticism from fans who lack reasoning skills and are prone to illogical judgments. Those people, like you, need to find a way to blame someone for the loss so you can displace your anger. You use rationalization as a defense mechanism that allows you to feel like we deserved to lose for doing someone wrong, therefore, the coping with the negative feelings of the loss becomes easier since we deserved to lose.

The Sixers deserved to lose because:
-they celebrated too hard after game three.
-didn’t see the urgency.
-the coach was unprepared.
-they were scared.
-because Jojo didn’t stay home.

The Sixers shooting 33-82, not being able to stop Kawhi, and Jo getting the flu weren’t the reasons we lost. We deserved to lose because Jojo got sick when he should’ve stayed home.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,711

Post#1398 » by 76thBearCub » Tue May 7, 2019 2:44 am

Sixers Hoops is in playoff mode. Hopefully the team follows him back there for game 5.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using RealGM mobile app
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#1399 » by sixers hoops » Tue May 7, 2019 3:04 am

76thBearCub wrote:Sixers Hoops is in playoff mode. Hopefully the team follows him back there for game 5.

Yeah. It’s a 2-2 series and people are throwing in the towel lol. It’s a defense mechanism. Sometimes when your friend is going off to college, you start a fight to so you can be mad at each other and it helps cope with the negative feelings.

People do that with the Sixers but it gets in the way of people actually talking about playoff basketball.

If Jojo is healthy tomorrow, we certainly can win in Toronto. However, they are a very good team playing at home. We need Jo to come up huge.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,711

Post#1400 » by 76thBearCub » Tue May 7, 2019 4:24 am

I'm not saying it's do or die for Embiid, but if he wants to keep up his current persona, it's this series

Return to Philadelphia 76ers