ImageImageImage

Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Re: Joel Embiid - The Prophecy is Realized 

Post#1401 » by PhillyPhilly » Tue May 7, 2019 5:58 am

Well he's not on the injury report ahead of tomorrows game so that's encouraging I guess.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#1402 » by SexDrugsPnR » Tue May 7, 2019 7:46 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:Well he's not on the injury report ahead of tomorrows game so that's encouraging I guess.

I hope he's sleeping in an oxygen tent. Keep this guy away from germs.
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#1403 » by XDevilBoiX » Tue May 7, 2019 12:44 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
nitocobola wrote:
fl311 wrote:
He was at a comedy show and Home before 10.

He got sick that night and the show had nothing to do with it. He doesn’t drink

Maybe he should stay at home?

our season maybe is over this week, he will have all the summer to go to comedy show's, party and do what the **** he wants.

unbelievable :banghead:

Him staying home isn’t necessary. Regarding getting sick, he is routinely going to stadiums with 20k people so going out in public isn’t a huge concern. And going to a comedy club for a few hours isn’t going to fatigue him for a game.

The only reason for him to stay home would be to avoid criticism from fans who lack reasoning skills and are prone to illogical judgments. Those people, like you, need to find a way to blame someone for the loss so you can displace your anger. You use rationalization as a defense mechanism that allows you to feel like we deserved to lose for doing someone wrong, therefore, the coping with the negative feelings of the loss becomes easier since we deserved to lose.

The Sixers deserved to lose because:
-they celebrated too hard after game three.
-didn’t see the urgency.
-the coach was unprepared.
-they were scared.
-because Jojo didn’t stay home.

The Sixers shooting 33-82, not being able to stop Kawhi, and Jo getting the flu weren’t the reasons we lost. We deserved to lose because Jojo got sick when he should’ve stayed home.

I wasn’t blaming him for the lost, there’s plenty to go around. There’s always 2 ways to look at things. Going out the night before a big game is just not what you would want from your star player, especially when you just got better from being sick and having knee troubles. Yes he was home by 10pm or whatever, we don’t know how he exactly got sick but it doesn’t helped that he got sick. He could’ve caught the cold from someone in the crowd or eaten bad food there, why take the risk. Just hope he learns from this and move on to take better care of his body.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#1404 » by CoreyGallagher » Tue May 7, 2019 1:20 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:Well he's not on the injury report ahead of tomorrows game so that's encouraging I guess.

Wasn't on the report prior to last game either.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#1405 » by mithrandir17 » Tue May 7, 2019 1:28 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:

Wasn't on the report prior to last game either.

We'll have to hack into Brett's phone to check if Embiid has a text or call prior to the game.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1406 » by CoreyGallagher » Tue May 7, 2019 4:04 pm

Welp

Read on Twitter
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#1407 » by nitocobola » Tue May 7, 2019 4:05 pm

CoreyGallagher wrote:Welp

Read on Twitter

as I said, a complete joke :noway:
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#1408 » by nitocobola » Tue May 7, 2019 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#1409 » by BigSleep333 » Tue May 7, 2019 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter

well, thats not really surprising hes still dealing with it. he couldnt sleep 2 days ago, so it was really bad. this stuff doesnt go away that fast. we have to hope it got better and he could sleep.

you can play sick and be good (f.e. MJ), but if you dont sleep the whole night...
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#1410 » by fl311 » Tue May 7, 2019 4:11 pm

BigSleep333 wrote:

Read on Twitter

well, thats not really surprising hes still dealing with it. he couldnt sleep 2 days ago, so it was really bad. this stuff doesnt go away that fast. we have to hope it got better and he could sleep.

you can play sick and be good (f.e. MJ), but if you dont sleep the whole night...

Correct. As long as he isnt vomiting and is hydrating, he should be more effective tonight. You can be sick and play if you have had a few days of treatment. The problem with Sunday was that it happened overnight and he couldnt get enough treatment that close to gametime
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1411 » by CoreyGallagher » Tue May 7, 2019 4:29 pm

My response was to him supposedly not being on the report.
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#1412 » by mhunt » Tue May 7, 2019 4:38 pm

fl311 wrote:
BigSleep333 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Correct. As long as he isnt vomiting and is hydrating, he should be more effective tonight. You can be sick and play if you have had a few days of treatment. The problem with Sunday was that it happened overnight and he couldnt get enough treatment that close to gametime

Good deal. We need full strength Jojo to get past Toronto and Milwaukee.
reignfire
Sixth Man
And1: 864

Post#1413 » by reignfire » Tue May 7, 2019 5:04 pm

I give Embiid the benefit of the doubt this time. But this is becoming a problem. If he needs to learn how to take care of himself, he should go to Giannis for advice.

Both are talented as hell. But Giannis knows how to prepare like a pro athlete. It seems Embiid just wings it. He needs to take his job seriously or the Sixers are going nowhere.
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#1414 » by gdog2004 » Tue May 7, 2019 5:12 pm

What is this "can't sleep" nonsense ?
Anyone can sleep sick or not, take some Nyquil or Benadryl and you can sleep.
I am not sure what is wrong with Embiid, but his whole story sounds fishy. He was out at a concert the night before Sundays game as reported by various people who were there.
His whole story reeks of BS TBH.
https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/05/is-it-a-big-deal-if-joel-embiid-went-out-saturday-night.html
fl311
Senior

Post#1415 » by fl311 » Tue May 7, 2019 5:15 pm

gdog2004 wrote:What is this "can't sleep" nonsense ?
Anyone can sleep sick or not, take some Nyquil or Benadryl and you can sleep.
I am not sure what is wrong with Embiid, but his whole story sounds fishy. He was out at a concert the night before Sundays game as reported by various people who were there.
His whole story reeks of BS TBH.
https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/05/is-it-a-big-deal-if-joel-embiid-went-out-saturday-night.html

When you are vomiting all night, its kind of hard to sleep.

Some of you love the conspiracy stories
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#1416 » by mhunt » Tue May 7, 2019 5:20 pm

It's really strange that Coach Brown described Embiid sneezing through a meeting....and the team is describing it as an upper respiratory infection...but they're talking about him being up all night vomiting. The symptoms don't exactly line up...but whatever it is, I hope he gets over it quickly.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,799

Post#1417 » by Mik317 » Tue May 7, 2019 5:22 pm

mhunt wrote:It's really strange that Coach Brown described Embiid sneezing through a meeting....and the team is describing it as an upper respiratory infection...but they're talking about him being up all night vomiting. The symptoms don't exactly line up...but whatever it is, I hope he gets over it quickly.

thats the flu my guy
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#1418 » by Steelo Green » Tue May 7, 2019 5:29 pm

(Raptors fan in peace)

To me it is either his knee and they don't want to say it, or this is a virus (Nora, Epsteinn-Barr, Mono....). With the way he played game 3, I would guess it is the former, but who knows.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,782

Post#1419 » by Negrodamus » Tue May 7, 2019 5:31 pm

We need more posters saying Embiid's not being sick correctly.
fl311
Senior

Post#1420 » by fl311 » Tue May 7, 2019 5:34 pm

Steelo Green wrote:(Raptors fan in peace)

To me it is either his knee and they don't want to say it, or this is a virus (Nora, Epsteinn-Barr, Mono....). With the way he played game 3, I would guess it is the former, but who knows.

This has nothing to do with his knee.

That comment actually would lean towards the latter. if he were sick in Games 2 and 4, then that would explain his Game 3 performance more than his knee being an issue

Return to Philadelphia 76ers