ImageImageImageImage

2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in! 

Post#1 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:46 pm

Let's try to keep Combine notes out of the who should we draft thread. Seems like the official list will be posted shortly as the Combine is May 15- 19th. Zion and Morant have already declined to participate and I expect a few more to follow suit

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Re: 2019 NBA Combine -> Time to dig in! 

Post#2 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 8, 2019 6:24 pm

Read on Twitter

official 66 names
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 8, 2019 6:29 pm

Read on Twitter
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 8, 2019 6:32 pm

damnnnnnn... No Hachi or Thybuille
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#5 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri May 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Hachi said eff the combine.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#6 » by pepe1991 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Jalen Lecque might break record when it comes to vertical , sheeees, saw it on P3 page
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#7 » by Skin » Fri May 10, 2019 4:37 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Jalen Lecque might break record when it comes to vertical , sheeees, saw it on P3 page

That guy could be special if developed right. What's P3?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#8 » by pepe1991 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Jalen Lecque might break record when it comes to vertical , sheeees, saw it on P3 page

That guy could be special if developed right. What's P3?

Peak performance project.

i'll just copy past their bio

P3 was founded in 2006 by Dr. Marcus Elliott, a Harvard trained physician, with the expressed goal of bringing a more data-driven approach to understanding athlete movement and development for performance optimization. P3 is the first performance facility to utilize advanced sports science technologies to assess and train professional athletes. We have a rich history of supporting and advising professional sports organizations with cutting-edge assessment, prescription and training services. Hundreds of elite athletes have benefited from P3 and we have the data to prove it.

Dončić, Drummond, Korver, Harden,Redick, Lavine among others work with them to improve
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,654

Post#9 » by Message Boar » Fri May 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Yes! This (and the lottery) mean draft season is really fully upon us. I love the concept of (sports) drafts. It's fun to hypothesize all the different player/team combinations.

As for the combine itself, I don't care much about testing numbers and measurements unless it's something extreme, but I do like listening to the interviews and seeing how guys are in front of a camera. I don't follow NCAA ball that much, so I'm not familiar with many of them.

Does anybody have a more specific schedule in terms of what events take part on which day? I can't really find anything about that, except that the on-court work is on the 16th and the 17th.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#10 » by MasterGMer » Sat May 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Message Boar wrote:Yes! This (and the lottery) mean draft season is really fully upon us. I love the concept of (sports) drafts. It's fun to hypothesize all the different player/team combinations.

As for the combine itself, I don't care much about testing numbers and measurements unless it's something extreme, but I do like listening to the interviews and seeing how guys are in front of a camera. I don't follow NCAA ball that much, so I'm not familiar with many of them.

Does anybody have a more specific schedule in terms of what events take part on which day? I can't really find anything about that, except that the on-court work is on the 16th and the 17th.

G League Elite Camp starts Sunday May 12th and followed by NBA Draft Combine 15th
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#11 » by Bensational » Sat May 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Slightly OT, but once the league starts allowing high school grads in, it could really change the process to the draft, and the G-League.

Kids will suddenly have the chance to either go play a season for free in the NCAA, or to get drafted and paid a small fortune to play in the G-League. Imagine how much more coverage the G-League would've had this season if Zion were playing in it?

It might require separating the drafts. Run the regular draft. If a team really values a high schooler, they can spend a 1st round pick on them, but they should be forced to play their first season in the G-League. That way high schoolers aren't giving up potential top 5 money just to get snapped up for cheap on a 2nd round pick salary.

No high schoolers allowed to be picked with 2nd round picks. Instead, you run a 3rd round, maybe even a 4th, where high schoolers can be picked, and they go straight into the G-League for a minimum of 1 season. Suddenly, the G-League starts filling up with the top prospects from high school, and drawing more media coverage.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#12 » by nicnac215 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Bensational wrote:Slightly OT, but once the league starts allowing high school grads in, it could really change the process to the draft, and the G-League.

Kids will suddenly have the chance to either go play a season for free in the NCAA, or to get drafted and paid a small fortune to play in the G-League. Imagine how much more coverage the G-League would've had this season if Zion were playing in it?

It might require separating the drafts. Run the regular draft. If a team really values a high schooler, they can spend a 1st round pick on them, but they should be forced to play their first season in the G-League. That way high schoolers aren't giving up potential top 5 money just to get snapped up for cheap on a 2nd round pick salary.

No high schoolers allowed to be picked with 2nd round picks. Instead, you run a 3rd round, maybe even a 4th, where high schoolers can be picked, and they go straight into the G-League for a minimum of 1 season. Suddenly, the G-League starts filling up with the top prospects from high school, and drawing more media coverage.

Would they not count high school rookies on salary cap?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#13 » by pepe1991 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Drafting highschool players will lead to some of most collosal busts . When you move from Lebron, KG, Tmac you have in top of lottery names like:
Kwame Brown
Eddie Curry
Darius MIles
Darryl Dawkins
Jonathan Bender
Diop
Maker
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Bensational » Sun May 12, 2019 10:11 pm

nicnac215 wrote:
Bensational wrote:Slightly OT, but once the league starts allowing high school grads in, it could really change the process to the draft, and the G-League.

In my completely hypothetical scenario, only those drafted in the first round of the draft. Those in Rd 3 go on their g-league cap, since they'll play g-league.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#15 » by nicnac215 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:49 am

Bensational wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:

In my completely hypothetical scenario, only those drafted in the first round of the draft. Those in Rd 3 go on their g-league cap, since they'll play g-league.

So you are forcing a team to play a player in g league and they will count against salary cap. Sounds highly flawed.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Bensational » Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 am

nicnac215 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:Would they not count high school rookies on salary cap?

So you are forcing a team to play a player in g league and they will count against salary cap. Sounds highly flawed.

Oh right. Good point! They shouldn't count against the cap regardless, if they're playing the g league that first season.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#17 » by basketballRob » Mon May 13, 2019 11:39 am

You could make a case that anyone we draft this year could've been a top 5 pick in the Oladipo draft.

Then again we all thought that was a terrible draft at the time and it produced McCollum, Adams, Giannis, and Gobert.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 12:57 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/vanderbilts-darius-garland-leaves-nba-draft-combine-per-report-lakers-bulls-among-teams-who-could-be-interested/

Well he got a promise.... Could it be the Bulls or Lakers? 2 teams that I could see wanting Garland.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Read on Twitter

1- Zion Williamson
2 - Temetrius "Ja" Morant
3 - ???
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Not a good time for this to come out..... minimal but will have to answer questions about it during interviews

Return to Orlando Magic