Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#741 » by Nemesis21 » Thu May 2, 2019 5:03 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:About damn time! DC, you can run no longer!! Stipe will get that belt back!

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,223

Post#742 » by Shaazzam » Thu May 2, 2019 6:10 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:About damn time! DC, you can run no longer!! Stipe will get that belt back!

lol, that's such a Raise!

well played hahahaha
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
kimuradragon
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#743 » by kimuradragon » Thu May 2, 2019 6:44 pm

Matt Serra is happy that Brock Lesnar is retired and believed he shouldn't have been able to fight in the first place. Is there anyone who disagrees?

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,469

Post#744 » by NZB2323 » Thu May 2, 2019 10:51 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

It wasn’t DC’s idea to fight Lesnar, it was Dana White’s. Considering who DC has fought, it’s laughable to say he’s run from anyone. The only one you could make a case for is he doesn’t want to fight his training partner and good friend.

Yeah well the DC/Lewis fight in November was boring as hell. Should have been the Stipe rematch. He was asking for it back then.

I guess Stipe did have the record for most HW title defenses(3), but I'm not a big fan of giving a guy an immediate rematch after he gets KO'd. I guess there aren't a lot of great fights for HW, but Stipe got KO'd the black beast was on a 3 fight win streak. If Volkov had won that fight he would have been on a 7 fight win streak and they wanted to hype the fight by saying the winner got DC.

I just hate anything that holds up a division. If Stipe beats DC does DC get an immediate rematch? If DC beats Stipe in the 3rd fight does Stipe get an immediate rematch? Can't Stipe win a fight or two and then get a rematch?

Also, DC wanted the first fight against Stipe and has agreed to face him again, so it's hard to say that DC is running from him.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#745 » by REDDzone » Sat May 4, 2019 10:35 pm

It's interesting that supposedly Brock retired because they couldn't come to a deal because he wanted a flat fee since the UFC is now solely available on ESPN+. His pay would have been variable based on buys before. So I'm guessing he didn't think they'd get as many buys on ESPN+.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#746 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue May 7, 2019 5:50 pm

DC called his shot and smashed Stipe. We’re still waiting for a heavyweight to even have a good fight with DC, and considering how shaky Stipe looks even in half his wins, there’s no reason to not have DCas a heavy favorite.

He’s superior in every way outside of height and length, and he’s been able to land and move in on longer and more athletic guys.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,799

Post#747 » by Steelo Green » Tue May 7, 2019 6:25 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:DC called his shot and smashed Stipe. We’re still waiting for a heavyweight to even have a good fight with DC, and considering how shaky Stipe looks even in half his wins, there’s no reason to not have DCas a heavy favorite.

He’s superior in every way outside of height and length, and he’s been able to land and move in on longer and more athletic guys.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I also pick DC. DC only lost to the GOAT, and in the last fight actually looked really good until he got a nasty kick.

DC could be arguably 2-4 all time with GSP and Anderson, but who knows with the steroids.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#748 » by cowboyronnie » Tue May 7, 2019 7:37 pm

Personal fave fighter Matt Wiman is returning! To face that douche Luis Pena. Weird decision.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#749 » by cowboyronnie » Wed May 8, 2019 12:19 am

You thought Michael Chandler couldn't be more of a douche? “Unlike Rory MacDonald, I talk to my God every day and he’s completely fine with me beating the hell out of people"
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#750 » by Jasen777 » Wed May 8, 2019 2:59 am

cowboyronnie wrote:You thought Michael Chandler couldn't be more of a douche? “Unlike Rory MacDonald, I talk to my God every day and he’s completely fine with me beating the hell out of people"

Well according to some accounts God used to be all about the smiting.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#751 » by Headliner » Wed May 8, 2019 10:49 am

Jasen777 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:You thought Michael Chandler couldn't be more of a douche? “Unlike Rory MacDonald, I talk to my God every day and he’s completely fine with me beating the hell out of people"

Well according to some accounts God used to be all about the smiting.

Old Testament God was all about that Smiting. He did a lot of soul searching before the New Testament apparently.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#752 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 8, 2019 8:46 pm

USADA bowl is back on for August. Yoel vs Costa should be very interesting.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,469

Post#753 » by NZB2323 » Thu May 9, 2019 8:47 pm

No talk of Rose defending her belt tomorrow? How do we think that fight goes?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#754 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 9, 2019 11:48 pm

NZB2323 wrote:No talk of Rose defending her belt tomorrow? How do we think that fight goes?

Even though it's getting a ton of promotion, that card is going to have horrible numbers. There is just 0 buzz for that fight card. There seemed to be far more hype around Cerrone/Al than this entire card together.

With that said, I think Rose gets worked. I just have 0 faith in Rose. Mentally that girl just seems so fragile. I think she got into Joanna's head, but I think she gets rattled in this fight and crumbles.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#755 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:18 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:No talk of Rose defending her belt tomorrow? How do we think that fight goes?

Even though it's getting a ton of promotion, that card is going to have horrible numbers. There is just 0 buzz for that fight card. There seemed to be far more hype around Cerrone/Al than this entire card together.

With that said, I think Rose gets worked. I just have 0 faith in Rose. Mentally that girl just seems so fragile. I think she got into Joanna's head, but I think she gets rattled in this fight and crumbles.

It's so hard to bet on Rose. I thought she was going to get worked by JJ and she knocked her out. I thought it was a fluke and then she thoroughly and completely destroyed JJ in their 2nd match up but no matter who you put in front of her, I just don't feel confident for some reason. She's proved me wrong twice but I just can't get myself to put money on her.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#756 » by Duke4life831 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:26 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

It's so hard to bet on Rose. I thought she was going to get worked by JJ and she knocked her out. I thought it was a fluke and then she thoroughly and completely destroyed JJ in their 2nd match up but no matter who you put in front of her, I just don't feel confident for some reason. She's proved me wrong twice but I just can't get myself to put money on her.

I was a fan of hers. But I just can't get over how fragile she has come off mentally the last year. Her having PTSD and afraid to leave her house after Conor and the bus incident. I don't know maybe she can just turn the switch once she gets inside that cage. And if she wins this one I won't doubt her anymore. But I have a feeling her vs JJ might just be a great match up for her. I think Andrade makes her look bad.

But with that all said, I don't see any reason to watch this thing, let alone pay money for it.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#757 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:35 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

I was a fan of hers. But I just can't get over how fragile she has come off mentally the last year. Her having PTSD and afraid to leave her house after Conor and the bus incident. I don't know maybe she can just turn the switch once she gets inside that cage. And if she wins this one I won't doubt her anymore. But I have a feeling her vs JJ might just be a great match up for her. I think Andrade makes her look bad.

But with that all said, I don't see any reason to watch this thing, let alone pay money for it.

She's done fairly well against stand up fighters because she's fairly well rounded but I don't think she's ever fought anyone as well-rounded and as effing strong as Andrade. Andrade is legit on the ground and her Muay Thai is vicious, as is her aggressiveness. Not to mention, Andrade has a chin on her and has significant experience on her side
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#758 » by Susan » Fri May 10, 2019 4:02 am

The last UFC did 100k buys because of the new ESPN+ BS. This card will be lucky to do 100k stolen streams.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#759 » by Headliner » Fri May 10, 2019 11:28 am

Yup.
Max vs Dustin drew around 100K because of that idiotic buy in service. There is zero chance this does that number and i'd bet it will be closer to 40k.

The UFC and ESPN are idiots. If you are going to do this type of thing, you give Connor his 15 million to fight whoever and you kick it off with that fight. You need to load the first card so that people are subscribing and getting used to using it. When you put a fluff card like this one on, the first bit of confusion or complication people will give up and forget about it. No one cares about Rose.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#760 » by REDDzone » Fri May 10, 2019 12:48 pm

LOL @ 100k buys for that last awesome card. This one will sell less than whatever bellator's last ppv was.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts