Offseason Team News/Updates

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Offseason Team News/Updates 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Thu May 9, 2019 10:41 pm

This is for stuff that's relevant enough to post, but not really newsworthy enough for its own thread. We'll keep draft, free agency, trade, and coaching staff threads going to discuss that other stuff.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Offseason Team News/Updates 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Thu May 9, 2019 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Seems like a good sign, at least the second wave of current players we've had in the building.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Post#3 » by Calinks » Thu May 9, 2019 10:50 pm

Yea that's something. I don't know if anyone set foot in Minnesota again after last season ended.
Also, Rosas really needs to look at the analytics and realize Wiggins needs to go back to a natural fro.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,699

Post#4 » by minimus » Fri May 10, 2019 6:43 am

Calinks wrote:Yea that's something. I don't know if anyone set foot in Minnesota again after last season ended.
Also, Rosas really needs to look at the analytics and realize Wiggins needs to go back to a natural fro.

Agree. Imagine what happens if Wiggins is beardy.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#5 » by packforfreedom » Fri May 10, 2019 7:00 am

give Wiggins some protein already, damn.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#6 » by shangrila » Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 am

Calinks wrote:Yea that's something. I don't know if anyone set foot in Minnesota again after last season ended.

Nah man. No afros. All business, all the time.

Remember the difference between afro Beasley and shaved Beasley? No? Perfect. I rest my case.
minimus
RealGM

Post#7 » by minimus » Fri May 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like a good sign, at least the second wave of current players we've had in the building.

The offseason after playoff loss to HOU started with some smoke from FO. Some weird news were reported about issues in MIN locker room, coaching staff. I wonder if our disintegrated team defense was clear, evident sign of lack of chemistry, unity between players, coaching staff. I wonder how much we can improve simply by keeping players away from disctractions and letting them work on their game according to clear, concise development plan. I am eager to see how we will make critical decision this offseason: HC, assistant coaches, development plan for Wiggins/Tyus/Okogie/KBD/Reynolds, draft, FAs, Tyus contract extension/trade etc.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Klomp » Wed May 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Klomp » Mon May 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Klomp » Mon May 20, 2019 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

A lot of people in Brooklyn also expected him to be the natural replacement for Trajan Langdon there.

minimus
RealGM

Post#11 » by minimus » Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mitch Creek is there. I wonder if they want to retain him, or they just give him opportunity to workout and get his spot.
yawner
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#12 » by yawner » Mon May 20, 2019 8:11 pm

Assistant GM. Does that mean that Layden will still be the GM?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Klomp » Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 pm

yawner wrote:Assistant GM. Does that mean that Layden will still be the GM?

At least for now it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if Layden stays on through the draft and then Rosas decides what to do. Layden won't be the guy making the picks, so it's not like him staying in the position another month would ruin the franchise.

minimus
RealGM

Post#14 » by minimus » Mon May 20, 2019 9:25 pm

The difference between Rosas and Thibs is that Tom wanted to control every detail, every step in all basketball operations. That is why he tried to get as much as possible people and players who are loyal to him personally. While Rosas try to share his vision and find people who have same passion. That is why I can see Layden stay another year.
yawner
Sophomore

Post#15 » by yawner » Tue May 21, 2019 8:37 am

minimus wrote:

The difference between Rosas and Thibs is that Tom wanted to control every detail, every step in all basketball operations. That is why he tried to get as much as possible people and players who are loyal to him personally. While Rosas try to share his vision and find people who have same passion. That is why I can see Layden stay another year.

Layden, supossedly, will stay in the team one or two more years due to his salary. I would have fired him along with Thibs a year ago. I don´t think is a good thing to have a person that has been toxic this past two years, in the organization. But I understand that Taylor doesn´t want to sack him and that he might be useful if given a specific small role in the Wolves.

I guess that the new assistant GM will be promoted to GM very soon.
minimus
RealGM

Post#16 » by minimus » Tue May 21, 2019 8:42 am

yawner wrote:
minimus wrote:

Layden, supossedly, will stay in the team one or two more years due to his salary. I would have fired him along with Thibs a year ago. I don´t think is a good thing to have a person that has been toxic this past two years, in the organization. But I understand that Taylor doesn´t want to sack him and that he might be useful if given a specific small role in the Wolves.

It is not about the money, Taylor etc. If Layden can get job done under Rosas supervision, I'm perfectly fine. I like that simple fact that Rosas is not trying to control everything, because there is a lot of work to do. Technically speaking Layden is not toxic. He was Thibs puppet, he lacks vision to make decisions, still he is an experienced NBA manager
yawner
Sophomore

Post#17 » by yawner » Tue May 21, 2019 9:08 am

minimus wrote:
yawner wrote:
minimus wrote:

It is not about the money, Taylor etc. If Layden can get job done under Rosas supervision, I'm perfectly fine. I like that simple fact that Rosas is not trying to control everything, because there is a lot of work to do. Technically speaking Layden is not toxic. He was Thibs puppet, he lacks vision to make decisions, still he is an experienced NBA manager

For what I´ve read and heard in podcasts, Layden behaved like a cretin this past two years under Thibodeau´s reign. Misstreating people and acting arrogant. It wasn´t Thibs only.
minimus
RealGM

Post#18 » by minimus » Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 am

yawner wrote:
minimus wrote:
yawner wrote:

For what I´ve read and heard in podcasts, Layden behaved like a cretin this past two years under Thibodeau´s reign. Misstreating people and acting arrogant. It wasn´t Thibs only.

I was hearing exactly opposite. It was Thibs who tried to install such regime. Never heard about Layden anything negative.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,383

Post#19 » by shrink » Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 pm

yawner wrote:
minimus wrote:
yawner wrote:

The biggest complaint I hear in podcasts from the media is .. surprise .. he doesn’t tell them as much as they want, to make their job easier.

I am getting really frustrated with Souhan, how every podcast has stuff about how each person deals with the media. When Lillard hits that tremendous game-winner in Round 1, Souhan wants to talk about how Lillard gives more to the media than Westbrook, and how Westbrook treated a media friend of his badly. Now, Krascinski is doing the same thing, always talking about how you need to make friends with the media, because you need allies, or else you’ll lose your job like Thibs. I want to hear about actual basketball when I listen to their podcast, not self-serving propaganda that everyone needs to talk to the media more.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#20 » by Norseman79 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm

shrink wrote:
yawner wrote:
minimus wrote:

The biggest complaint I hear in podcasts from the media is .. surprise .. he doesn’t tell them as much as they want, to make their job easier.

I am getting really frustrated with Souhan, how every podcast has stuff about how each person deals with the media. When Lillard hits that tremendous game-winner in Round 1, Souhan wants to talk about how Lillard gives more to the media than Westbrook, and how Westbrook treated a media friend of his badly. Now, Krascinski is doing the same thing, always talking about how you need to make friends with the media, because you need allies, or else you’ll lose your job like Thibs. I want to hear about actual basketball when I listen to their podcast, not self-serving propaganda that everyone needs to talk to the media more.

AMEN!

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves