ImageImageImageImage

What are your best Fournier trade proposals?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,659

Re: What are your best Fournier trade proposals? 

Post#161 » by Message Boar » Sat May 11, 2019 9:23 am

Yeah, I would absolutely love to get Jrue Holiday, but I don't think it's realistic without putting one of our big pieces (AG, JI, Bamba if the other team's GM liked him in last year's draft) on the table. From everything i'm reading/hearing around the league his stock is still quite high. I'm assuming he can still play point guard full time, even though he has spent a lot of time at the 2 lately. He would be a huge upgrade on defense alone for us.

But if the front office could find a way to pull it off, that would be a major coup.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Post#162 » by Skybox » Sat May 11, 2019 3:37 pm

I posted on the general Trade board. I'm sure I'll get torched by WAS homers...nobody wants to concede it's time to blow it up or concede that their best player might cause an Anthony Davis-type mess if you wait to pull the trigger. I could be way off but their FO probably has an idea of Beal's vibe. ORL may finally be on the verge of preying on the vulnerabilities of other teams' situations (like other strong franchises). I honestly don't think this is a one-sided heist. I believe in Bamba and Evan as potentially great players in the right situations...

Beal to ORL

Bamba, Fournier and 2 first round picks (2019 & 2021?)

Obvious reason for ORL...next step to contending in East. Re-sign Vuc and Ross, pray for Fultz healing and suddenly...BOOM!

WAS gets a potentially franchise-defining prospect in Bamba (or, at worst, a trade chip if they really think Bryant is that good-I don't), Fournier gets trashed a lot but he's a legit threat to score 20ppg inside and out, and 2 picks. If they can't dump Wall, they may decide to rebuild and ride it out, if they feel Beal and Wall can't coexist and Beal might walk because of their financial inability to gain ground soon.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#163 » by MoMM » Sat May 11, 2019 4:28 pm

Skybox wrote:I posted on the general Trade board. I'm sure I'll get torched by WAS homers...nobody wants to concede it's time to blow it up or concede that their best player might cause an Anthony Davis-type mess if you wait to pull the trigger. I could be way off but their FO probably has an idea of Beal's vibe. ORL may finally be on the verge of preying on the vulnerabilities of other teams' situations (like other strong franchises). I honestly don't think this is a one-sided heist. I believe in Bamba and Evan as potentially great players in the right situations...

Beal to ORL

Obvious reason for ORL...next step to contending in East. Re-sign Vuc and Ross, pray for Fultz healing and suddenly...BOOM!

WAS gets a potentially franchise-defining prospect in Bamba (or, at worst, a trade chip if they really think Bryant is that good-I don't), Fournier gets trashed a lot but he's a legit threat to score 20ppg inside and out, and 2 picks. If they can't dump Wall, they may decide to rebuild and ride it out, if they feel Beal and Wall can't coexist and Beal might walk because of their financial inability to gain ground soon.

2021 pick is too valuable, one of the best ever because it won't require one-and-done anymore.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#164 » by j-ragg » Sat May 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Beal is a stud... every one of you should vote yes to doing that trade lol. Look at what you're giving up, below average starter + rookie who might be a solid center one day w/ injury history + 2 1sts that should be in the teens/twenties unless something goes wrong.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#165 » by nicnac215 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Fournier+DJ+Bamba+2019 1st for Hayward Sacramento 1st rd pick and LAC 1st rd pick and 2020 Memphis 1st

I’m a big Bamba fan but this can give Vuc and Birch certainty over their rolls for the team going forward, separates buddy ball, and gives us some quality draft picks this year we can use.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#166 » by pepe1991 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:19 pm

I was just thinking earlier today.
Bamba, 16 pick Evan for Beal.
Try to add Gay on MLE and you have
DJ/Fultz
Beal/Ross??
Gordon/Gay
JI
Vuc

For offensive load you can slide JI as small ball C in second unit.
Rudy can play SF and PF. Versitale team for sure. If chance opens, you can always cash in pick, JI, Fultz, Gordon for superstar.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#167 » by MagicMatic » Sat May 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Most Magic fans would love a Beal for Fournier + Bamba + Future first deal. I think Washington could do better.

Not only that, but we don’t know what we have in Bamba or where this team will be in the future. Most likely still not good enough without a true point, even with Beal.

Does a lineup of DJ, Beal, JI, AG, Vuc beat any of the top 3-5 teams in the east in a playoff series? No, probably not.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#168 » by yoyojw17 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:50 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Most Magic fans would love a Beal for Fournier + Bamba + Future first deal. I think Washington could do better.

Not only that, but we don’t know what we have in Bamba or where this team will be in the future. Most likely still not good enough without a true point, even with Beal.

Does a lineup of DJ, Beal, JI, AG, Vuc beat any of the top 3-5 teams in the east in a playoff series? No, probably not.

But a lineup of Fultz,Beal, JI,AG and Vuc can in my opinion. Lol... i know.... Fultz has still not shown anything... but trusting the process... that team would be formidable in the coming years. Defensive and offensive would be on point.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#169 » by MagicMatic » Sat May 11, 2019 7:20 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Most Magic fans would love a Beal for Fournier + Bamba + Future first deal. I think Washington could do better.

But a lineup of Fultz,Beal, JI,AG and Vuc can in my opinion. Lol... i know.... Fultz has still not shown anything... but trusting the process... that team would be formidable in the coming years. Defensive and offensive would be on point.

What. There is no information proving he’s even remotely capable of replacing DJ at this point.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#170 » by MasterGMer » Sat May 11, 2019 8:56 pm

There is no way our FO would give up Bamba now and in such early stage.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#171 » by Bensational » Sat May 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Skybox wrote:I posted on the general Trade board. I'm sure I'll get torched by WAS homers...nobody wants to concede it's time to blow it up or concede that their best player might cause an Anthony Davis-type mess if you wait to pull the trigger. I could be way off but their FO probably has an idea of Beal's vibe. ORL may finally be on the verge of preying on the vulnerabilities of other teams' situations (like other strong franchises). I honestly don't think this is a one-sided heist. I believe in Bamba and Evan as potentially great players in the right situations...

Beal to ORL

From reports I've read, Washington's owner Ted Leonsis is all about the postseason. Maybe their new GM can convince him to rebuild, considering Wall is out for most of next season whilst taking over 30% of their cap space with him. And whilst I feel confident Beal could force his way out if the team looks to be heading in the wrong direction, they'll likely convince him to hold off until the trade deadline to show they can quickly get things on track again.

If I were Washington, I'd look around the league and see what teams might be open to taking on Wall. There's not going to be many, but other teams that are facing an immediate future of bottoming out might see an opportunity to squeeze some value out. For example:

Charlotte - they're about to lose Kemba, and they don't have much on their roster which is exciting other than Monk and Bridges. They were too competitive to secure a good chance in the lottery, too. And, they're saddled with Batum's contract as is. What about a Batum for Wall + pick swap + future pick? I don't think Washington give up their pick entirely, because they'll need that to chase extra value to partner with Beal.

Charlotte come away with a veteran star PG they can afford to shelve for a season whilst they focus on developing youth and tanking 1 season for a chance at a top pick, to refill their stockpile. Then, if Wall can return to form, that gives them 3 years of a star player to partner with their youth, and hopefully enough talent to sell one other decent FA on joining them.

Washington, meanwhile, save a good chunk of money, get someone who can play with Beal now, and still get to take on a late lottery prospect. If they cut Parker, they save $20M, putting them at $92M active cap. There would be a $12M difference between Wall's salary and Batum's, which gets them down to $80M. They'd have $17M in cap holds for Bryant, Portis and Sato, but if they waive them, suddenly they've got max cap space for a FA. They could throw $15M each at Randle and Tyreke Evans, and still keep Bryant, plus their rookie.

Bryant
Randle
Batum
Beal
Evans

For a team that's desperate for the playoffs, that's a team that could help you fight for a bottom seed. Is there enough of a future to keep Beal? Who knows. But at least there's a foundation there so that if you do trade him, you can still try to remain competitive.

The other team I think might take a gamble on Wall could be Detroit. They could offer up expirings for him, and hope Griffin and Drummond keep the team competitive enough on their own next season. When Wall comes back, they could have something interesting. Would cost a lot, but who's signing in Detroit anyway?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#172 » by basketballRob » Sat May 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Maybe Vogel can use him in LA.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#173 » by Hogified05 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Maybe we could poach Brown or Tatum maybe even Hayward from the Celtics. I wanted Tatum bad in that draft. Think he compliments AG perfectly.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#174 » by Bensational » Sun May 12, 2019 12:38 am

basketballRob wrote:Maybe Vogel can use him in LA.

Not a bad suggestion. If LA only manage to sign 1 good FA (my money is on Kemba), they might consider a Hart + Bonga for Fournier swap.

If we waive Ross' bird rights, but keep Vuc's, that leaves us with $10M cap. Swapping Fournier for Hart + Bonga gives us another $14M cap space. If we stretch Mozgov over 2 seasons, that gives us another $8.5M cap space. Suddenly we could be under the cap by $32M.

By this point, all big name FAs have signed. Which is fine, we likely wouldn't attract them anyway. So we offer Memphis:

DJ + Hart + Cap space + future FRP for Conley + Bradley

Sign Danny Green or Tyreke Evans to the MLE

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/Bonga
Isaac/Iwundu
Bradley/(Green/Evans)/NAW
Conley/Fultz

That's a playoff team, with loads of youth for the future, too.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#175 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun May 12, 2019 1:02 am

Bensational wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Maybe Vogel can use him in LA.

Not a bad suggestion. If LA only manage to sign 1 good FA (my money is on Kemba), they might consider a Hart + Bonga for Fournier swap.

If we waive Ross' bird rights, but keep Vuc's, that leaves us with $10M cap. Swapping Fournier for Hart + Bonga gives us another $14M cap space. If we stretch Mozgov over 2 seasons, that gives us another $8.5M cap space. Suddenly we could be under the cap by $32M.

By this point, all big name FAs have signed. Which is fine, we likely wouldn't attract them anyway. So we offer Memphis:

DJ + Hart + Cap space + future FRP for Conley + Bradley

Sign Danny Green or Tyreke Evans to the MLE

Vuc/Bamba
Gordon/Bonga
Isaac/Iwundu
Bradley/(Green/Evans)/NAW
Conley/Fultz

That's a playoff team, with loads of youth for the future, too.

Nice ideas, but Bradley just plain sucks and is a shadow of his former self. His defense now is atrocious. He makes Fournier look great. Besides, Bradley is on a team option next year of which Memphis will probably decline.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#176 » by yoyojw17 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:28 am

MagicMatic wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

What. There is no information proving he’s even remotely capable of replacing DJ at this point.

As i said...."Trusting the process".... selecting or acquiring a player that if healthy... can be a true difference maker. if healthy... i believe fultz will be our pg of the future and the acquisition was done with this in mind!
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#177 » by MasterGMer » Sun May 12, 2019 2:44 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:But a lineup of Fultz,Beal, JI,AG and Vuc can in my opinion. Lol... i know.... Fultz has still not shown anything... but trusting the process... that team would be formidable in the coming years. Defensive and offensive would be on point.

As i said...."Trusting the process".... selecting or acquiring a player that if healthy... can be a true difference maker. if healthy... i believe fultz will be our pg of the future and the acquisition was done with this in mind!

In the Conley trade case, Fultz can be our full time 6th man of the team. He fits that role perfectly!

I like Conley trade personally, but Sensation? Why do you fall in love with this trade that much? I respect message board opinions because Fultz trade was brought up on this board months ago and it finally got realized.

Any other realistic trade options? Kemba? If both sides want it done, I am not seeing any hurdle. Plus Steve Clifford was Kemba's biggest mentor. Plus we need some Guard on the wing who can handle the ball and attack with dribble.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#178 » by MasterGMer » Wed May 15, 2019 7:17 pm

MasterGMer wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

In the Conley trade case, Fultz can be our full time 6th man of the team. He fits that role perfectly!

I like Conley trade personally, but Sensation? Why do you fall in love with this trade that much? I respect message board opinions because Fultz trade was brought up on this board months ago and it finally got realized.

Any other realistic trade options? Kemba? If both sides want it done, I am not seeing any hurdle. Plus Steve Clifford was Kemba's biggest mentor. Plus we need some Guard on the wing who can handle the ball and attack with dribble.

Now Memphis has No.2 pick and they are most likely picking Ja Morant.

Detroit had been linked with Conley trade so this speculation is not from nowhere.

What if we Orlando linked with possible Conley trade and we resign Vuc and Ross

Can this lineup beat Toronto?
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#179 » by MagicMatic » Wed May 15, 2019 8:38 pm

MasterGMer wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:As i said...."Trusting the process".... selecting or acquiring a player that if healthy... can be a true difference maker. if healthy... i believe fultz will be our pg of the future and the acquisition was done with this in mind!

Detroit had been linked with Conley trade so this speculation is not from nowhere.

No.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#180 » by yoyojw17 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:07 am

MasterGMer wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:As i said...."Trusting the process".... selecting or acquiring a player that if healthy... can be a true difference maker. if healthy... i believe fultz will be our pg of the future and the acquisition was done with this in mind!

Depends on if Giannis throws down on em. lol. Kawhi might bolt and toronto is...meh lol

Return to Orlando Magic