Moderators: ken6199, TMU

jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Next season 

Post#1 » by jwise44 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:27 pm

What’s next?

I hope we keep house, faried and rivers. I doubt we keep house or faried, though.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Next season 

Post#2 » by jwise44 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:21 pm

I hope we get iggy brazdeikis in the draft. That’s the mainnnn thing I want this offseason.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#3 » by texasholdem » Sat May 11, 2019 10:33 pm

jwise44 wrote:I hope we get iggy brazdeikis in the draft. That’s the mainnnn thing I want this offseason.

Cleveland has our 1st round draft pick thanks to Iman Shumpert. We don't even have any second round picks this year.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#4 » by YoungMoney23 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:10 am

texasholdem wrote:
jwise44 wrote:I hope we get iggy brazdeikis in the draft. That’s the mainnnn thing I want this offseason.

Cleveland has our 1st round draft pick thanks to Iman Shumpert. We don't even have any second round picks this year.

In Morey we trust
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by texasholdem » Sun May 12, 2019 3:15 pm

YoungMoney23 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

In Morey we trust

Based on what exactly?
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by jwise44 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:37 pm

texasholdem wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

In Morey we trust

Based on what exactly?

That he has consistently built good teams?

I get pessimism, and I think the rockets need to do something different, but morey ain’t the problem
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#7 » by YoungMoney23 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:08 pm

jwise44 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
In Morey we trust

Based on what exactly?

That he has consistently built good teams?

I get pessimism, and I think the rockets need to do something different, but morey ain’t the problem

I'm all about a new HC as D'Antoni doesn't make adjustments and over plays people who have zero or a negative impact
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#8 » by YoungMoney23 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:11 pm

texasholdem wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

In Morey we trust

Based on what exactly?

He's continually made trades that nobody saw coming and other acquisitions that have been really solid like House. He'll be active on draft day and has continually drafted well. The only bust was Royce White but we all know that was a low risk with the potential for a big reward
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by jwise44 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:25 pm

YoungMoney23 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
In Morey we trust

Based on what exactly?

He's continually made trades that nobody saw coming and other acquisitions that have been really solid like House. He'll be active on draft day and has continually drafted well. The only bust was Royce White but we all know that was a low risk with the potential for a big reward

And a big part of Royce being drafted was Mchale, right?
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#10 » by TMU » Sun May 12, 2019 8:34 pm

For a team that has Chris Paul on the roster, the ball movement is too stagnant. I would like to see less hero ball, more ball movment, and last minute bail outs from Harden.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#11 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Hire Gundy!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#12 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Or just blow it all up...

We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by texasholdem » Mon May 13, 2019 12:08 am

Congrats to Enes Kanter and Rodney Hood for getting to the NBA Wcf with Portland.

I was ridiculed here for wanting to sign Kanter when he was bought out. He would have been a given us a different look while clint struggled vs GSW and it wouldn't have cost anything to get him.

I said Hood would have been a better signing than James Ennis and while Ennis has contributed off the bench for Philly, it's obvious Hood is the better NBA player.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by texasholdem » Mon May 13, 2019 12:40 am

YoungMoney23 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
In Morey we trust

Based on what exactly?

Morey passed on Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green (three times) , Nikola Jokic, Jimmy Butler, Isaiah Thomas, Eric Bledsoe, Avery Bradley, hassan Whiteside, Delon Wright, Kevon Looney, Fred VanVleet, sterling brown, Jae Crowder, Khris Middleton, Will Barton, Kent Bazemore, Jonathan Simmons and more.

Most years we don't even have a first rounder including this year.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by jwise44 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:59 am

texasholdem wrote:Congrats to Enes Kanter and Rodney Hood for getting to the NBA Wcf with Portland.

I was ridiculed here for wanting to sign Kanter when he was bought out. He would have been a given us a different look while clint struggled vs GSW and it wouldn't have cost anything to get him.

I said Hood would have been a better signing than James Ennis and while Ennis has contributed off the bench for Philly, it's obvious Hood is the better NBA player.

I don’t remember you being ridiculed, I wanted kanter, too
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by texasholdem » Mon May 13, 2019 3:24 am

jwise44 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:Congrats to Enes Kanter and Rodney Hood for getting to the NBA Wcf with Portland.

It wasn't you. It was the jerk who said I only wanted the worst things for the team and always accuses me of not being a true fan or whatever for not kissing Morey's butt. I think others said Kanter isn't playable because of his defense but he played a ton of minutes against a superior player in Jokic and was still effective, despite fasting for Ramadan.
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#17 » by YoungMoney23 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:27 pm

texasholdem wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
Based on what exactly?

Morey passed on Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green (three times) , Nikola Jokic, Jimmy Butler, Isaiah Thomas, Eric Bledsoe, Avery Bradley, hassan Whiteside, Delon Wright, Kevon Looney, Fred VanVleet, sterling brown, Jae Crowder, Khris Middleton, Will Barton, Kent Bazemore, Jonathan Simmons and more.

Nobody predicted Kawhi to be this good... One could argue Draymond wouldn't even be relevant if it aint for the team hes on. Jimmy Butler is a basket case and kills team chemistry. Whiteside = cancer. The year Middleton and Green were drafted we had bigger plans. You want to blame Morey for making the same decisions as nearly every other GM?

If you had of said oh he passed on Steph Curry for Johnny Flynn or Ricky Rubio thats different. Since hes been the GM, hes gotten the most of out every draft pick and then gotten rid of them for better value. Like I said Royce White was the only dud, but he got Harden for penny's on the dollar.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#18 » by moofs » Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 pm

jwise44 wrote:

I’d have been onboard with Kanter, but not so much Hood. That said, it probably wasn’t me, seeing as how I hardly posted this year.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#19 » by moofs » Tue May 14, 2019 10:16 pm

YoungMoney23 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:

Nobody predicted Kawhi to be this good... One could argue Draymond wouldn't even be relevant if it aint for the team hes on. Jimmy Butler is a basket case and kills team chemistry. Whiteside = cancer. The year Middleton and Green were drafted we had bigger plans. You want to blame Morey for making the same decisions as nearly every other GM?

If you had of said oh he passed on Steph Curry for Johnny Flynn or Ricky Rubio thats different. Since hes been the GM, hes gotten the most of out every draft pick and then gotten rid of them for better value. Like I said Royce White was the only dud, but he got Harden for penny's on the dollar.

He had oneother draft pick that really annoyed me. I can’t remember which.

How is Whiteside a cancer?
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#20 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:30 pm

moofs wrote:He had oneother draft pick that really annoyed me. I can’t remember which.

Joey Dorsey!

Return to Houston Rockets