ImageImageImage

Some good Sixers tidbits

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Some good Sixers tidbits 

Post#1 » by FireMorey » Mon May 13, 2019 3:36 am

I picked up some good tidbits over the last couple weeks from someone in the know, figured I'd post them. I wanted to wait until the season ended. They are from someone I greatly trust to give good information. We'll see how it all plays out.

-No plans to fire Brett Brown at this point in time. Despite Marc Stein's tidbit. I guess that could change, but he's staying at least for one more year.

-Butler and Harris will both be back at max contracts, it's a virtual lock. The Sixers have been preparing to pay both for a while, and are expected to sign both to big contracts barring something unforeseen. Neither are expected to even make other free agent visits.

-The Sixers have long coveted Kawhi Leonard. They will give his agent a call in free agency. Don't think they expect much to come of it though.

-No plans to trade Simmons, but will listen if someone blows them away with an offer.

-Defensive PG is a top priority for their summer. Expect them to pursue Pat Bev.

Hope everyone has a great summer, Go Sixers
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,862

Re: Some good Sixers tidbits 

Post#2 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon May 13, 2019 3:39 am

PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:I picked up some good tidbits over the last couple weeks from someone in the know, figured I'd post them. I wanted to wait until the season ended. They are from someone I greatly trust to give good information. We'll see how it all plays out.

-No plans to fire Brett Brown at this point in time. Despite Marc Stein's tidbit. I guess that could change, but he's staying at least for one more year.

-Butler and Harris will both be back at max contracts, it's a virtual lock. The Sixers have been preparing to pay both for a while, and are expected to sign both to big contracts barring something unforeseen. Neither are expected to even make other free agent visits.

-The Sixers have long coveted Kawhi Leonard. They will give his agent a call in free agency. Don't think they expect much to come of it though.

-No plans to trade Simmons, but will listen if someone blows them away with an offer.

-Defensive PG is a top priority for their summer. Expect them to pursue Pat Bev.

Hope everyone has a great summer, Go Sixers

Your lips to gods ears. I would be okay with this.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,560

Post#3 » by SixthStreet » Mon May 13, 2019 4:33 am

Looks like not rocking the boat much, working around the fringes.

I like it. The right approach.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,862

Post#4 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 13, 2019 4:43 am

I hope there’s a plan to acquire someone that can create shots and pass. We can’t just have Jimmy doing that.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#5 » by Arsenal » Mon May 13, 2019 5:07 am

Our biggest roster need is a backup center that isn't completely @ss. I'm sure they realize this so I hope we get someone.

If we just run it back while swapping out Boban and TJ for Pat Beverley and Dewayne Dedmon, we should be able to make serious noise next year.

PG Redick / Beverley
SG Butler / Smith
SF Harris / Ennis
PF Simmons / Scott
CE Embiid / Dedmon
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,433

Post#6 » by FlyingArrow » Mon May 13, 2019 5:40 am

Arsenal wrote:Our biggest roster need is a backup center that isn't completely @ss. I'm sure they realize this so I hope we get someone.

If we just run it back while swapping out Boban and TJ for Pat Beverley and Dewayne Dedmon, we should be able to make serious noise next year.

PG Redick / Beverley
SG Butler / Smith
SF Harris / Ennis
PF Simmons / Scott
CE Embiid / Dedmon

How do we accomplish that? Is one of those a minimum contract player? Will the other accept the MLE?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,597

Post#7 » by 76ciology » Mon May 13, 2019 10:03 am

OP should probably put the label *spoiler*. Everyone wants someone to get fired like its the avengers or GOT.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#8 » by BullyKing » Mon May 13, 2019 10:53 am

Now these are some rumors I can get behind a little. I just want stability from this team when it comes to leadership and the roster.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#9 » by BullyKing » Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 am

FlyingArrow wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Our biggest roster need is a backup center that isn't completely @ss. I'm sure they realize this so I hope we get someone.

PG Redick / Beverley
SG Butler / Smith
SF Harris / Ennis
PF Simmons / Scott
CE Embiid / Dedmon

How do we accomplish that? Is one of those a minimum contract player? Will the other accept the MLE?

You could give one of them the BAE but that's not a lot of money either. I don't think we necessarily need a backup center as good as Dedmon. To me, the issue with the Bobi/Monroe pairing wasn't necessarily that they're bad players, they're just completely immobile which renders them useless in the playoffs. I want a defensive minded backup center, which neither are.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,772

Post#10 » by phillynative » Mon May 13, 2019 11:09 am

Any mentions of the draft OP?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,750

Post#11 » by the_process » Mon May 13, 2019 11:45 am

If they max out both Harris and Jimmy, everything else becomes a tightrope walk over a puzzle. They will likely be a tax team, as well. I can't just take ownership at their word they will pay it, have to see it first.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 725

Post#12 » by Kova » Mon May 13, 2019 12:06 pm

As much as I'd like us to make a run at Klay, Kawhi, KD, Kyrie or some other top free agents this summer, I'd be okay with keeping this team. They are nowhere near maxing out, and Brown deserves to have a full season with this roster.

Pat Beverly would be amazing.

However, we also need to address our wing and center position off the bench. Need someone who can play 15-20 minutes regularly with consistency.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,433

Post#13 » by FlyingArrow » Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Why didn't Bolden play in the playoffs?
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,764

Post#14 » by Sixersftw » Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Kova wrote:As much as I'd like us to make a run at Klay, Kawhi, KD, Kyrie or some other top free agents this summer, I'd be okay with keeping this team. They are nowhere near maxing out, and Brown deserves to have a full season with this roster.

Pat Beverly would be amazing.

However, we also need to address our wing and center position off the bench. Need someone who can play 15-20 minutes regularly with consistency.

I think the Wing position is largely going to be internally addressed. Shake and Zhaire are solid additions to the rotation with a little seasoning.

IDK how they are going to construct this roster. IDK about JJ as a starter and IDK about Tobias on a max. Elton has some work to do.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#15 » by XDevilBoiX » Mon May 13, 2019 12:40 pm

If Brett is coming back, he needs to change this offense to make it work. Bringing most of the guys back, we still lack 3pt shooters. He needs to draw up more offensive play sets, this was where it cost them. They really need to improve on how to finish out games and not panic with dumb decisions that cost games in the last few minutes.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,694

Post#16 » by rzzzzz » Mon May 13, 2019 2:14 pm

If they bring Brett back, we'll definitely need an assistant coach to work as offensive coordinator to correctly deploy Embiid and get more out of Ben. We can't build another fragile uptempo scheme around JJ. Maybe Brett will do a good job developing Zhaire and Shake to bolster our bench. Wonder how Bolden will make out.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#17 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon May 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Good info here. A lot of what many fans are asking for in terms of off-season moves.

I think if it's a lock that Jimmy and Tobias come back, then there is no money available for Kawhi, right? So why even bother unless you think if you lock Kawhi down you can let Tobias or Jimmy walk after it being a virtual lock that you would resign them.

Assuming Kawhi doesn't want to HAVE to make that shot again next year, for a Title when he's playing in LA, he should consider signing with Embiid/Simmons. Doesn't even matter if you bring Jimmy or Tobias back at that point, or let them both walk and go sign Kemba Walker.

Kawhi agreeing to sign with Philly changes everything.

Now, back from fantasy land...

If the plan is to basically run it back next year with a rebuilt bench, then my targets would be:

Beverley
Redick
Ennis
Mike Scott
Dwayne Dedmon

That is probably the best bench for this system, and for keeping 3 of the current roster guys around for continuity. Dedmon and Beverley provide exactly the missing pieces, and Ennis/Scott are hustle guys.

Now, someone with more knowledge of the cap can maybe help me here, but who would need to be cut/traded/let walk in order to accomplish getting that bench on reasonable deals??

Boban, Amir, J. Simmons, Korkmaz.

Would TJ sign for extremely cheap as a 3rd PG, knowing he won't play in the playoffs?

Ben/PB
PB/JJ
Jimmy/Ennis
Harris/Scott
Embiid/Dedmon

Realistically Brett could go with a 9 man rotation, swinging Ennis, Beverley and Jimmy all to the SG spot at times, with Jimmy and PB also taking PG minutes.

So, can we trade Zhaire and Jonah and our 1st this year together for a future unprotected 1st? Would that clear enough cap space to sign the aforementioned 9 man roster?

Fill out the 10-15 spots with Shake, TJ, 2nd round picks, and vet minimim FAs.

Someone tell me how the money works! We need an off-season simulator like the one that Knicks fan made.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,491

Post#18 » by Hipster Doofus » Mon May 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Are you Sixerfan1976?