ImageImageImageImage

2019 Summer Orlando Magic Free Agency and trade

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Re: 2019 Orlando Magic Free Agency Summer 

Post#81 » by Xatticus » Thu May 9, 2019 7:17 am

Magic4champ wrote:East next year will be a Giannis vs Kawhi conference. Philadelphia, Boston will be a team on a flux with key free agts that ca either bolt out. The key is patience as the team is getting stronger. We are already a playoff caliber defensive juggernaut. An offensive force of a player away from the elite in the east. I think Durant and Klay will stay in the West conference as they know its alraedu a Giannis and Kawhi East conference.

Not really. We won't have any idea of what the east is going to look like until the summer plays out.

Kawhi is going to hit free agency and it's anyone's guess as to where he will wind up. Most of Milwaukee's key contributors aside from Giannis will be entering free agency and they can't afford to retain everyone.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#82 » by NotACat » Thu May 9, 2019 12:08 pm

We really need to land a good backup 4 this offseason to solidify our bench if we're bringing back TRoss and Iwundu. Jabari Parker as a backup 4 would be a huge get, but someone like Taj Gibson, Marvin Williams, Rudy Gay, or Noah Vonleh would also be solid.
Black Lives Matter
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,769

Post#83 » by OrlandoNed » Thu May 9, 2019 1:40 pm

NotACat wrote:We really need to land a good backup 4 this offseason to solidify our bench if we're bringing back TRoss and Iwundu. Jabari Parker as a backup 4 would be a huge get, but someone like Taj Gibson, Marvin Williams, Rudy Gay, or Noah Vonleh would also be solid.

I'd take any of those 4 over Parker easily. Parker is garbage.
NotACat
Veteran

Post#84 » by NotACat » Thu May 9, 2019 2:23 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
NotACat wrote:We really need to land a good backup 4 this offseason to solidify our bench if we're bringing back TRoss and Iwundu. Jabari Parker as a backup 4 would be a huge get, but someone like Taj Gibson, Marvin Williams, Rudy Gay, or Noah Vonleh would also be solid.

I included him because he's a pretty solid playmaker on offense and we could use more shot creation with the second unit, plus WeltHam have familiarity with him. Coach Cliff has experience with Marvin Williams and he spoke highly of Coach Cliff when we made the higher which makes him a very realistic option for us. I would personally love to bring in Rudy Gay.
Black Lives Matter
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#85 » by Max Power » Thu May 9, 2019 3:07 pm

Instead of bringing in an offensive power forward I’d rather see the team bring another wing in and sign an enforcer for the paint personally. Our interior defense has its moments with Issac and Gordon and sometimes Vuc was effective too but I still think the teams a little weak there. A Charles Oakley type would do wonders for this team.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach

Post#86 » by OrlandoNed » Thu May 9, 2019 3:14 pm

NotACat wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:

I included him because he's a pretty solid playmaker on offense and we could use more shot creation with the second unit, plus WeltHam have familiarity with him. Coach Cliff has experience with Marvin Williams and he spoke highly of Coach Cliff when we made the higher which makes him a very realistic option for us. I would personally love to bring in Rudy Gay.

Gay would be a great get. I'd love to have his scoring off the bench at the forward spots.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach

Post#87 » by OrlandoNed » Thu May 9, 2019 3:22 pm

Max Power wrote:Instead of bringing in an offensive power forward I’d rather see the team bring another wing in and sign an enforcer for the paint personally. Our interior defense has its moments with Issac and Gordon and sometimes Vuc was effective too but I still think the teams a little weak there. A Charles Oakley type would do wonders for this team.

We already have Birch to be an enforcer type. Gay is a wing. SG, SF, PF are all wings in 2019. Ideally we will keep Ross and get Gay to be our bench scorers at SG/SF and SF/PF, but if we lose Ross which would not be shocking, getting somebody like Gay needs to be a priority.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#88 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu May 9, 2019 4:47 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
Max Power wrote:Instead of bringing in an offensive power forward I’d rather see the team bring another wing in and sign an enforcer for the paint personally. Our interior defense has its moments with Issac and Gordon and sometimes Vuc was effective too but I still think the teams a little weak there. A Charles Oakley type would do wonders for this team.

We already have Birch to be an enforcer type. Gay is a wing. SG, SF, PF are all wings in 2019. Ideally we will keep Ross and get Gay to be our bench scorers at SG/SF and SF/PF, but if we lose Ross which would not be shocking, getting somebody like Gay needs to be a priority.

Those close to Gay were heartened by Popovich’s comments, saying it’s also a priority for the 13-year veteran forward to remain with the Spurs. He likes the organization and how it has treated him and his family, likes San Antonio, and likes going to the playoffs after making only one postseason appearance in his first 11 seasons.

0% chance Gay leaves San Antonio IMO
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
NotACat
Veteran

Post#89 » by NotACat » Thu May 9, 2019 5:25 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:

Those close to Gay were heartened by Popovich’s comments, saying it’s also a priority for the 13-year veteran forward to remain with the Spurs. He likes the organization and how it has treated him and his family, likes San Antonio, and likes going to the playoffs after making only one postseason appearance in his first 11 seasons.

0% chance Gay leaves San Antonio IMO

:(
Black Lives Matter
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 427

Post#90 » by T-Cat » Mon May 13, 2019 7:44 am

Ryan Anderson, Isiah Thomas, Kenneth Faried and Jokiam Noah are cheap decent pickups.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,102

Post#91 » by Magic#1 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 pm

I don't think we should go after a big with our pick, but if we stay at 16 Fernando could be there and that guy is a beast and a half.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#92 » by MasterGMer » Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Since NO Pelicans are parting ways with AD most likely, with a trade from them to get more young pieces possible, do you think we need to make a play for Jure Holiday?

Fultz might be best fit as the sixth man of the team in early year.

Also Mike Conley is out of Memphis because of Ja Morant, Jazz are in play with Memphis now. Do we get involved?
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Re: 2019 Summer Orlando Magic Free Agency and trade 

Post#93 » by Bakomagic » Sat May 18, 2019 1:13 am

Taking into account Coach Cliff’s ability to get the best out of players, specifically putting them into position to play to their strengths offensively (improving efficiency) and demanding that they work hard on defense.

Should we be looking into plucking a underperforming player who was once thought to have great potential ?Particularly when they have regressed in a dumpster fire situation ?

I give you Andrew Wiggins!.....I know his contract is terrible but maybe we can get an asset attached too for only expiring contracts.

Wiggins and #11 for Moz, DJ, and #46.

I see a glut of guys with similar chances to break out from picks #4 to #18 in the draft so why not get two swings at it ? Plenty of potential scoring wings in those spots let’s say we pick Romeo Langford and Naz Little

Then we resign Vuc, let Tross walk and offer the MLE to a PG (Dragic ?)to hold it down while we figure out Fultz.

Dragic/Fultz
Fournier/ Langford
Isaac/ Wiggins
AG/ Little
Vuc/ Bamba

We continue to move up in the playoff standings, while having 5 lotto tickets in Little, Langford, Isaac, Fultz, and Bamba
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer

Post#94 » by Bakomagic » Sat May 18, 2019 1:15 am

Bakomagic wrote:Taking into account Coach Cliff’s ability to get the best out of players, specifically putting them into position to play to their strengths offensively (improving efficiency) and demanding that they work hard on defense.

Should we be looking into plucking a underperforming player who was once thought to have great potential ?Particularly when they have regressed in a dumpster fire situation ?

I give you Andrew Wiggins!.....I know his contract is terrible but maybe we can get an asset attached too for only expiring contracts.

I see a glut of guys with similar chances to break out from picks #4 to #18 in the draft so why not get two swings at it ? Plenty of potential scoring wings in those spots let’s say we pick Romeo Langford and Naz Little

Then we resign Vuc, let Tross walk and offer the MLE to a PG (Dragic ?)to hold it down while we figure out Fultz.

Dragic/Fultz
Fournier/ Langford
Isaac/ Wiggins
AG/ Little
Vuc/ Bamba

We continue to move up in the playoff standings, while having 5 lotto tickets in Little, Langford, Isaac, Fultz, and Bamba

At the very least it’ll make for an exciting Summer League haha.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#95 » by MasterGMer » Sat May 18, 2019 1:40 am

Bakomagic wrote:Taking into account Coach Cliff’s ability to get the best out of players, specifically putting them into position to play to their strengths offensively (improving efficiency) and demanding that they work hard on defense.

Dragic/Fultz
Fournier/ Langford
Isaac/ Wiggins
AG/ Little
Vuc/ Bamba

I will do that in a heart bit. Getting Wiggins without losing any of our young core. But I do not think Minn gonna do that. Wiggins is at least considered a star if not a generation star like he was hyped to.

Is this just your speculation? Or it has some ground?
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer

Post#96 » by Bakomagic » Sat May 18, 2019 1:48 am

MasterGMer wrote:

Dragic/Fultz
Fournier/ Langford
Isaac/ Wiggins
AG/ Little
Vuc/ Bamba

I will do that in a heart bit. Getting Wiggins without losing any of our young core. But I do not think Minn gonna do that. Wiggins is at least considered a star if not a generation star like he was hyped to.

Speculation. Based on some trade ideas on the trade and transaction boards involving Nets and wolves.

That idea had Joe Harris, Crabbe, and #27 going for #11 and Wiggins and a few Nets fans said they wouldn’t make the trade.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#97 » by MasterGMer » Sat May 18, 2019 1:55 am

Bakomagic wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:

Dragic/Fultz
Fournier/ Langford
Isaac/ Wiggins
AG/ Little
Vuc/ Bamba

Speculation. Based on some trade ideas on the trade and transaction boards involving Nets and wolves.

That idea had Joe Harris, Crabbe, and #27 going for #11 and Wiggins and a few Nets fans said they wouldn’t make the trade.

Wiggin's contract is horrible. I am not sure we will do it. But if we can manage not to give up any of our young core plus getting the 11th pick, I will do it.

I do not know what you guys think...
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#98 » by drsd » Sat May 18, 2019 10:16 am

Upgrading Martin is for me a real key bench question.

Fultz is an upgrade over Grant, even if he plays at his Philly-level. And Mozgov (if healthy) will balance out Birch's loss.

This actually looks like a potential 50-win roster all on its own (based on the last 30 games of the previous season).
Augustin/Fultz/Carter-Williams
Fournier/Langford/Frazier
Isaac/Ross/Iwundu
Gordon/MLE-FA-upgrade-over-Martin
Vučević/Bamba/Mozgov

Because (if healthy) this 14-man roster is already a probable playoff team, I thus expect very little movement from Management brass this off-season. I see the large shake up coming next off-season.

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#99 » by zaymon » Sat May 18, 2019 6:36 pm

Its really interesting we interviewed Culver, becouse he would be perfect piece to our core. Sadly i dont see any scenarios to get him outside some serious slide.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#100 » by MagicFan101 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:49 pm

zaymon wrote:Its really interesting we interviewed Culver, becouse he would be perfect piece to our core. Sadly i dont see any scenarios to get him outside some serious slide.

I fully believe teams exist in the top 10 who see little gap between guys like Culver and NAW, Romero, KJ and others.

#16 (lower salary player) + a future pick could get it done if WeHam disagrees and sees Culver as a far superior talent.

Return to Orlando Magic