Playoffs

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Playoffs 

Post#1 » by jwise44 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:17 pm

So since we are in. First round, who do you most want to face?

I’m hoping for clippers, I really don’t want to face the Jazz or Thunder (I don’t know if that’s possible anymore)
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Re: Playoffs 

Post#2 » by MaxRider » Mon Apr 1, 2019 5:24 pm

i actually want Spurs
Clippers have too many former Rockets
former Rockets always play their best against Rockets
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#3 » by TMU » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:59 am

Agreed with Spurs. I wish the Rockets were a higher seed and face the 'No Layups Team' during 2nd round. Both Utah and LA Clippers are hot as of late and could be problematic for any other teams.

Looks like it's shaping up nicely again for the Warriors.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#4 » by NetsWorld » Tue Apr 2, 2019 12:22 pm

jwise44 wrote:So since we are in. First round, who do you most want to face?

I’m hoping for clippers, I really don’t want to face the Jazz or Thunder (I don’t know if that’s possible anymore)

You sure you would not want us? We are collapsing and Westbrook's poise is simply lost and is receiving techs at a high rate and avoiding honest media questions. I totally underestimated this year's Houston's team and never expected them to bounce back but post Carmelo, they have outperformed many teams and I expect Houston to get to the Conference finals at the very least and challenge the Warriors a second year in a row. We look like a first round out to either Warriors or Nuggets. It seems like you guys are having a second half similar to our first half of the season, and that's when it counts, post All Star break. If you face us, I don't expect us to win, not with the way our play has been post All Star, Rockets would take it in 6 games.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#5 » by MaxRider » Tue Apr 2, 2019 6:40 pm

OKCThunder wrote:

You sure you would not want us? We are collapsing and Westbrook's poise is simply lost and is receiving techs at a high rate and avoiding honest media questions. I totally underestimated this year's Houston's team and never expected them to bounce back but post Carmelo, they have outperformed many teams and I expect Houston to get to the Conference finals at the very least and challenge the Warriors a second year in a row. We look like a first round out to either Warriors or Nuggets. It seems like you guys are having a second half similar to our first half of the season, and that's when it counts, post All Star break. If you face us, I don't expect us to win, not with the way our play has been post All Star, Rockets would take it in 6 games.

Rockets problem is against height and length
OKC players are too tall and long for us to handle
jameshardenmvb
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#6 » by jameshardenmvb » Wed Apr 3, 2019 12:24 pm

i want the rockets to face the most first option the clippers they dont have a superstar -second option spurs-third option jazz because of grayson allen im afraid he tries to injured harden,cp3,capela or any of our players dude is crazy dirty-the team i dont want the rockets to face is the thunder clearly the most talented from the bottom 4 teams thats like a second round opponent - rockets should make it to the wcf if everybody is healthy
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#7 » by NetsWorld » Wed Apr 3, 2019 5:01 pm

MaxRider wrote:
OKCThunder wrote:

Rockets problem is against height and length
OKC players are too tall and long for us to handle

Houston should be able to solve that problem this off season, as far as we are concerned,in our world, we need to revamp and rebuild. You won't even have to worry about us in the playoffs.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#8 » by moofs » Tue Apr 9, 2019 3:25 am

As much as I'd love to meet the Warriors in the first round and just spank them out of existence, knocking off the Jazz or the Spurs is always nice.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#9 » by YoungMoney23 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:14 am

Well good news is, Lillard hit another series winning 3 from near mid court so now we dont have to see the one against us anymore
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#10 » by moofs » Sun May 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Morey 2020.

TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#11 » by TMU » Mon May 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Ironic because the same can be said about the countless number of moving screens by Bogut, Zaza deliberately taking out Kawhi, Draymond Green kicking opponents, and Steph Curry flailing all over the court. GSW media portraying their high horse narcissistic image of the Warriors as usual.

Sure, I admit that Harden seeks contact and Paul sells his falls. It's happened since the era of Kobe Bryant, who is the master of gaining contact and look to where we are today where Marcus Smart does everything combined. The bottomline is that there are a good number of players who will do whatever it takes to get the whistle in their favor, some better than others, and the Rockets shouldn't be the only team singled out for it.
moofs
General Manager

Post#12 » by moofs » Mon May 13, 2019 3:12 pm

TMU wrote:

Ironic because the same can be said about the countless number of moving screens by Bogut, Zaza deliberately taking out Kawhi, Draymond Green kicking opponents, and Steph Curry flailing all over the court. GSW media portraying their high horse narcissistic image of the Warriors as usual.

Sure, I admit that Harden seeks contact and Paul sells his falls. It's happened since the era of Kobe Bryant, who is the master of gaining contact and look to where we are today where Marcus Smart does everything combined. The bottomline is that there are a good number of players who will do whatever it takes to get the whistle in their favor, some better than others, and the Rockets shouldn't be the only team singled out for it.

Nobody - NOBODY - ever hated Jordan for “You reach, I teach.”

To the contrary, they did media fluff pieces praising it!!

The only two things Harden has done are to advance the technique and frequency of the tactic, but the fundamentals are the same.

I’ll grant that the frequency SLIGHTLY affects the game’s aesthetics, but not to the degree that his detractors claim. If anything, WE should hate it more, because when he doesn’t get his calls (read: “playoffs”), his tactics cost us games.
Morey 2020.

Return to Houston Rockets