ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Should we resign Vuc/Ross

Yes
34%
Yes, but just Vuc
7%
Yes, but just Ross
40%
No
18%

Total votes: 126

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#441 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon May 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Driguez wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

CGI and effects ar cool and everything. But story and character arch of people is utter garbage

to each their own, im fine with it.

To be honest, I've watched the first two episodes and have been like eh, don't have that bindge feeling. I'll watch them all eventually.

That is where I am at. I read 5-10 sci fi/fantasy books a year, but television has a knack of making things too soap opera like for me to enjoy. Someday, I will watched the whole series, but for now, too busy.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#442 » by Def Swami » Mon May 13, 2019 8:02 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
tiderulz wrote:to each their own, im fine with it.

I left the episode relatively satisfied, and didn't find anything about the character arc's that surprising. I thought they've been building it for the last 2.5 seasons. The pacing has been an issue since last season, and that's a fair gripe. The writing I'd argue has actually never been otherworldly, but it's a fantasy show about dragons and zombies, so it's hard to nitpick IMHO.

I am concerned about how they plan to resolve all the remaining conflicts in only 1 more episode. I think the battle scene was great eye candy, but it probably didn't need to be that long? Or at least have another episode to tie the loose ends.

Circle is also charachter arc i guess ( Jamie) . But with 80 min left it will be choppy end of show. They could really use additional 2 episodes.
I get whole point of Danny going full Mad Queen mode, but they could show it little more through years imo.

At least it didn't turn into love story of Jon and Danny :lol:

On postive note i think book will have similar ending, with GJJ Martin hating war and showing true results of war and power hungry lords, destruction of humanity.

Either those books are already done and GRRM will drop them after the show finishes, or those books are never coming.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#443 » by Def Swami » Mon May 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Read on Twitter
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#444 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why i have feeling that " Fultz condition will require surgery" bomb will drop within next few weeks? :evil:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 990

Post#445 » by zuppafly » Mon May 13, 2019 9:24 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why i have feeling that " Fultz condition will require surgery" bomb will drop within next few weeks? :evil:

"out for the season"
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#446 » by MoMM » Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 pm

zuppafly wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
Read on Twitter

"out for the season"

Look on the bright side, at least we won't have any drama regarding if he is going to play next season or not :lol:
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 427

Post#447 » by T-Cat » Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 am

Read on Twitter

:nod: :nod:
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#448 » by Gomagic44 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:45 am

I wasn’t an avid lost or dexter follower, but this season has been garbage. Visually stunning last episode. Great music scores. But the characters aren’t even the same characters you followed for the past 8 seasons.

I will surely read the books now because they jumped so much this season.

Like they skipped half a book between episodes of character development.

It just doesn’t feel like game of thrones anymore.

They broke the whole logic of the realm. The others were in the first scene of the first episode. The whole show was about them and the final showdown. And then.....

Lots of examples like this. Lots of characters that seemingly had strokes or did lots of inhalants off screen and became brain dead shells with the same name and actor. With no explanation.

They wrapped it up like a student who realized they had already passed their required word count.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#449 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:36 am

Gomagic44 wrote:I wasn’t an avid lost or dexter follower, but this season has been garbage. Visually stunning last episode. Great music scores. But the characters aren’t even the same characters you followed for the past 8 seasons.

They broke the whole logic of the realm. The others were in the first scene of the first episode. The whole show was about them and the final showdown. And then.....

Lots of examples like this. Lots of characters that seemingly had strokes or did lots of inhalants off screen and became brain dead shells with the same name and actor. With no explanation.

They wrapped it up like a student who realized they had already passed their required word count.

Watch first 2 seasons of Lost ,than stop and just imagine all directions show could take.
And NEVER watch single episode after it :lol:

Imo under bad decisions and questionable and stupid moves, good moral of a story is hidden somwhere.
War brings nothing good, and no matter what we as people learn, or we think we learned, we still are small, little, ego driven idiots that will destroy everything and everybody around us in chase of our own delusions. We are all heros in our story and absolute power corrupts absolutely ( Danny- dragons, Aerys II was "good" but went mad over time...). Last episode had really strong anti war message and who really suffers the most. Random, everyday people that have nothing to do with anything.
It's funny how they butchered every prophesy on purpose and used Night King as "side quest" to bring back men driven conflict last. It's like they saying " you united in face of death itself, just to go back and being stupid little men against each other once again, so who is true villain here ,death or you " .
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#450 » by Gomagic44 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:44 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:I wasn’t an avid lost or dexter follower, but this season has been garbage. Visually stunning last episode. Great music scores. But the characters aren’t even the same characters you followed for the past 8 seasons.

Watch first 2 seasons of Lost ,than stop and just imagine all directions show could take.

Imo under bad decisions and questionable and stupid moves, good moral of a story is hidden somwhere.
War brings nothing good, and no matter what we as people learn, or we think we learned, we still are small, little, ego driven idiots that will destroy everything and everybody around us in chase of our own delusions. We are all heros in our story and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Last episode had really strong anti war message and who really suffers the most. Random, everyday people that have nothing to do with anything.
It's funny how they butchered every prophesy on purpose and used Night King as "side quest" to bring back men driven conflict last. It's like they saying " you united in face of death itself, just to go back and being stupid little men against each other once again, so who is true villain here ,death or you " .

Right, and I love apocalypse now. I understand that theme. I just feel like game of thrones had a much more intellectual approach(and will in the books). It made sense. Your having to draw a philosophical conclusion from a Michael Bayesque final act of a Shakespeare play.

It’s not funny how they butchered it to me. I think the book will make more sense if it ever comes out.

The show makes no logical sense to me in the end.

Was a great run for a long time. Maybe they can get a good writing team in for some of the offshoots, I enjoy the universe. I enjoy the universe as a fantasy/history realm.

But maybe it’s just Martins writing I enjoyed. The universe isn’t much without him as it’s voice.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#451 » by orlando1214 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:03 am

pepe1991 wrote:Watch first 2 seasons of Lost ,than stop and just imagine all directions show could take.

Stopping at season 2 of Lost would be a shame. You would miss out on a lot of good stuff. In particular, The Constant episode from season 4 is still my favorite Lost episodes and one of my favorite TV episodes ever. There is a lot of hit or miss stuff, but I definitely think the other seasons are worth watching even if the last season is disappointing.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#452 » by Bensational » Tue May 14, 2019 7:53 am

Def Swami wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I left the episode relatively satisfied, and didn't find anything about the character arc's that surprising. I thought they've been building it for the last 2.5 seasons. The pacing has been an issue since last season, and that's a fair gripe. The writing I'd argue has actually never been otherworldly, but it's a fantasy show about dragons and zombies, so it's hard to nitpick IMHO.

I am concerned about how they plan to resolve all the remaining conflicts in only 1 more episode. I think the battle scene was great eye candy, but it probably didn't need to be that long? Or at least have another episode to tie the loose ends.

Circle is also charachter arc i guess ( Jamie) . But with 80 min left it will be choppy end of show. They could really use additional 2 episodes.
I get whole point of Danny going full Mad Queen mode, but they could show it little more through years imo.

On postive note i think book will have similar ending, with GJJ Martin hating war and showing true results of war and power hungry lords, destruction of humanity.

Either those books are already done and GRRM will drop them after the show finishes, or those books are never coming.

The problem with that episode was that they rushed through the catalyst for Dany's change. They planted the seeds well enough over multiple seasons, and even this one. In Essos, she was a queen amongst people like her - the outcasts and downtrodden. In Westeros, she was still just an outcast, who had been outcast by these people. Then, all her closest allies and counsel get killed off. On top of that, John proves to be a more 'deserving' heir to the throne.

What they needed to do was have Missandei killed off earlier in the previous episode, and role Varys' death into the back end of it. That way more time could have been spent selling her sense of isolation and betrayal at the head of this episode. Get a stronger sense of her state of mind rather than a couple of scenes which are meant to symbolise that entire period. It could have put us on edge as to whether she'd see reason or not. But the way that episode began, it felt like a foregone conclusion she was gonna go mad queen. She just looked unhinged, with no possibility of turning back.

Far out, though, they wasted Cersei's death. I wanted her to have her red wedding moment. Stab that baby. And have Jamie be the one to do it. His reversal was too sudden. Not unexpected, but just undeserved.

I hoped for so much more from that ep. Have loved all the others so far.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#453 » by Jiwol » Tue May 14, 2019 8:20 am

Is there any mod who can clean this off-topic mess instead of contributing to it?!
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#454 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:31 am

Bensational wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

The problem with that episode was that they rushed through the catalyst for Dany's change. They planted the seeds well enough over multiple seasons, and even this one. In Essos, she was a queen amongst people like her - the outcasts and downtrodden. In Westeros, she was still just an outcast, who had been outcast by these people. Then, all her closest allies and counsel get killed off. On top of that, John proves to be a more 'deserving' heir to the throne.

What they needed to do was have Missandei killed off earlier in the previous episode, and role Varys' death into the back end of it. That way more time could have been spent selling her sense of isolation and betrayal at the head of this episode. Get a stronger sense of her state of mind rather than a couple of scenes which are meant to symbolise that entire period. It could have put us on edge as to whether she'd see reason or not. But the way that episode began, it felt like a foregone conclusion she was gonna go mad queen. She just looked unhinged, with no possibility of turning back.

Far out, though, they wasted Cersei's death. I wanted her to have her red wedding moment. Stab that baby. And have Jamie be the one to do it. His reversal was too sudden. Not unexpected, but just undeserved.

I hoped for so much more from that ep. Have loved all the others so far.

i mostly agree ,but i don't think overkill of Cersei needed to happen. She was bad character but if we are being honest, Danny ended up being biggest mass murderer in a show :lol:
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#455 » by drsd » Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 am

So, 40% of fans wish for Vučević to be retained (36/89).
And 72% for Ross (64/89)

The first result is not a shock given many comments here have been non-supportive to Vučević, but the dominant majority to retain Ross does surprise me.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#456 » by SOUL » Tue May 14, 2019 8:52 am

Jiwol wrote:Is there any mod who can clean this off-topic mess instead of contributing to it?!

Meh, it's the doldrums off the offseason. :lol: Once the draft gets closer it'll change topics.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#457 » by Bensational » Tue May 14, 2019 9:09 am

SOUL wrote:
Jiwol wrote:Is there any mod who can clean this off-topic mess instead of contributing to it?!

Meh, it's the doldrums off the offseason. :lol: Once the draft gets closer it'll change topics.

For $5.99 a month, you can subscribe to our premium RealGM forum service. Features include (but are not limited to):

- topics policed and cleansed of off-topic content.
- curated topics covering topical matter.
- insider info and access to Magic.
- ad free.

Or, feel free to remain on the free version, where you get to:

- get over it.

- *This post does not in anyway reflect genuine services available from RealGM, or their thoughts or opinions. I'm just messing with you. No offense.

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#458 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue May 14, 2019 12:47 pm

drsd wrote:So, 40% of fans wish for Vučević to be retained (36/89).
And 72% for Ross (64/89)

The first result is not a shock given many comments here have been non-supportive to Vučević, but the dominant majority to retain Ross does surprise me.

Shouldn't be shocking if you think about what TRoss brings.

TRoss has a skill-set/game that would be much easier to build around for the next X years. He won't need a coach to completely change his sets and revolve the offense around him to be effective. TRoss could go into every other team and likely fill that 6th man role at the minimum. He's a streaky shooter who can play defense and if he gets hot then watch out.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#459 » by NotACat » Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
And 72% for Ross (64/89)

TRoss has a skill-set/game that would be much easier to build around for the next X years. He won't need a coach to completely change his sets and revolve the offense around him to be effective. TRoss could go into every other team and likely fill that 6th man role at the minimum. He's a streaky shooter who can play defense and if he gets hot then watch out.

I'm still amazed at how good he was for us considering that he was basically our only 3pt threat on that second unit.
Black Lives Matter
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#460 » by magicman112 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:45 pm

NotACat wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
And 72% for Ross (64/89)

I'm still amazed at how good he was for us considering that he was basically our only 3pt threat on that second unit.

He was hurt for most of the season before so he took people by surprise. But even before he got hurt he wasn't doing as well offensively but he was playing good defense and team ball.

Return to Orlando Magic