some one else like Harris
47%

Total votes: 19

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Who is worth max 

Post#21 » by stitches » Tue May 14, 2019 3:10 pm

KqWIN wrote:You've got to wonder how Gobert would do in a larger, drama hungry market. Gobert has publicly called out his own teammates and aggressively yells at his teammates for doing something wrong all the time. We don't even bat an eye. If LeBron sits on the wrong spot on the bench it's a viral news story :lol:

Age and injury are real concerns for Jimmy. His personality would fit right in.

I don't know if I trust Gobert too much but he's the reason I think we can absorb a player like Butler. I don't think Rudy will allow Butler to do whatever he wants. And make no mistake... this has been Rudy's team from the moment he took the starting spot. He is no KAT. Rudy doesn't give 2 **** about who you are, he will call you out in the middle of the game, in the middle of a press-conference, in the middle of the summer or whenever he wants to. I still remember how he chewed on vet-leader George Hill for giving **** effort and not getting back on D. I kind of got mad that the front office made him apologize. He doesn't need to apologize for stuff like that. If you don't want to get called out, play your ass off. I don't care if you are 30 year old George HIll, all star Jimmy Butler or some poor rookie still learning how to play in the league.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#22 » by zero24gravity » Tue May 14, 2019 6:49 pm

KqWIN wrote:We praised Gobert for doing the same things Butler did. Butler's crime is being vocal and calling out his teammates for not working hard. I can live with that, especially with how hard he plays.

Totally different situations.

If you ever hear about Rudy yelling at teammates, coaches, the front office folks, I'll buy it though.

"You f---ing need me, Scott. You can't win without me." (just one of his numerous tirades/negative comments)

R.Rondo has talked publicly about Butler's time in Chicago and throwing teammates under the bus, there were reports about tension between him & D-Rose, and we all know his history with young players KAT & Wiggins in MN. At some point it's not everyone else, it's you. (See E.Kanter.)
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,470

Post#23 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue May 14, 2019 7:01 pm

zero24gravity wrote:Totally different situations.

If you ever hear about Rudy yelling at teammates, coaches, the front office folks, I'll buy it though.

"You f---ing need me, Scott. You can't win without me." (just one of his numerous tirades/negative comments)

R.Rondo has talked publicly about Butler's time in Chicago and throwing teammates under the bus, there were reports about tension between him & D-Rose, and we all know his history with young players KAT & Wiggins in MN. At some point it's not everyone else, it's you. (See E.Kanter.)

He was right, though--they can't win without him and we have this season as proof, as well as the few seasons of the Wolves before he arrived--they only made the playoffs with their current core of players when they had Butler. Also, he said those things after he took the 3rd stringers and beat the starters in a game in practice, which is something the starters should be embarrassed about. Players on that team didn't give enough effort and he was calling them out on it, for good reason.

He calls players out for lack of effort--I don't have a problem with that.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#24 » by KqWIN » Tue May 14, 2019 7:23 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
KqWIN wrote:We praised Gobert for doing the same things Butler did. Butler's crime is being vocal and calling out his teammates for not working hard. I can live with that, especially with how hard he plays.

Totally different situations.

Already heard Rudy do that to the media, and we see him furiously yelling at his teammates all the time during games. Hell, Ricky “heart and soul” Rubio called out his teammates for not buying in and needing to compete harder. It’s not a bad thing, but it is how things work around here.

Take a look at the players who failed here and didn’t exit on the best of terms. Burke, Kanter, Lyles, Hill, Hood etc. Not hard to see some common threads. Same types of players/mentalities that Jimmy Butler clashes with.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 777

Post#25 » by dr0welf » Tue May 14, 2019 9:20 pm

I think having passion and desire are two characteristics of "Jazz DNA". But also, learning how/when to communicate with each other and not in the media is crucial. This aspect of Butler is fine/

The instance of him calling out Rubio in MN with Teague and targetting him was complete BS and that part of his DNA does match up with "Jazz DNA" https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/03/jeff-teague-ejected-for-hip-check-on-ricky-rubio-jimmy-butler-likes-it/
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,470

Post#26 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue May 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Eh. If the situation was reversed, where a Jazz player hip-checked Teague (feels like something Crowder or Ingles would do) and another Jazz player went on twitter and said what Butler said (feels like something Gobert could do), I bet most Jazz fans would say they like the toughness and hard-nosed mentality of that player (a word Jazz fans\media like to use, especially when talking about dirty play. Jazz players aren't dirty, they're "hard-nosed").
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,295

Post#27 » by Catchall » Tue May 14, 2019 10:53 pm

Are they all 4-year max? Or can we do a 2+1 or 3+1?
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,385

Post#28 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:20 am

Catchall wrote:Are they all 4-year max? Or can we do a 2+1 or 3+1?

I don't think we have the luxury of offering team options.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#29 » by dr0welf » Wed May 15, 2019 1:55 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:Eh. If the situation was reversed, where a Jazz player hip-checked Teague (feels like something Crowder or Ingles would do) and another Jazz player went on twitter and said what Butler said (feels like something Gobert could do), I bet most Jazz fans would say they like the toughness and hard-nosed mentality of that player (a word Jazz fans\media like to use, especially when talking about dirty play. Jazz players aren't dirty, they're "hard-nosed").

I disagree a lot on this. This wasn't a hip check this was a fullback tackle, no play on the ball. This was a horrible decision by a player trying to take out another player because his current team liked his opponent more then him. If it was a Detroit Piston like hard foul similar to those on Jordan back in the day, I would be fine with it. And the after tweet by **** encouraging this type of play was just as bad. I highly doubt the Jazz would bring Butler in. Hard fouls are one thing, total disregard for a player is another.
Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Post#30 » by Tom349 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:48 am

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:You've got to wonder how Gobert would do in a larger, drama hungry market. Gobert has publicly called out his own teammates and aggressively yells at his teammates for doing something wrong all the time. We don't even bat an eye. If LeBron sits on the wrong spot on the bench it's a viral news story :lol:

Age and injury are real concerns for Jimmy. His personality would fit right in.

I don't know if I trust Gobert too much but he's the reason I think we can absorb a player like Butler. I don't think Rudy will allow Butler to do whatever he wants. And make no mistake... this has been Rudy's team from the moment he took the starting spot. He is no KAT. Rudy doesn't give 2 **** about who you are, he will call you out in the middle of the game, in the middle of a press-conference, in the middle of the summer or whenever he wants to. I still remember how he chewed on vet-leader George Hill for giving **** effort and not getting back on D. I kind of got mad that the front office made him apologize. He doesn't need to apologize for stuff like that. If you don't want to get called out, play your ass off. I don't care if you are 30 year old George HIll, all star Jimmy Butler or some poor rookie still learning how to play in the league.

Strongly disagree. Gobert is comfortably the key player in the team but as far as leadership goes and who runs this team there is not one player I put above another. The players say it themselves "the strength of the team is the team" and I think its true. Sure when it comes to offense we're heavily reliant on Mitchell and on defense reliant on Gobert but in terms of setting standards and being demanding of each other I don't think there is a clear leader in this department.

As for Butler I think there is a serious concern about whether he is right fit talent wise rather personality. I watch a fair bit of the sixers and he was seriously unimpressive for them this season and Im not sure he is someone we should be willing to offer a max even if he wanted to come here. I reckon he has one more year left in him where he can live up to his contract and after that I expect his contract to look rather ugly.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#31 » by PharmD » Fri May 17, 2019 5:08 am

Ummm, that's NOT what happened.

Let's see: Jimmy sat on the timberwolves bench and cheered with the opposing fans (at Golden State). Jimmy sat out home games for 'rest' then did not even attend the game (Utah, Rose's 50 point game). Jimmy was a no-show for pregame shootaround and then was unreachable, leaving the team unaware if he was even going to show up for the game. He then strolled in right before tipoff and Thibs started him (Milwaukee).

Not to mention that he only showed up for a total of 6 minutes of pre-season practice time, was a disruptive a$$, then had an ESPN interview waiting for him when he left.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#32 » by KqWIN » Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm

PharmD wrote:

Let's see: Jimmy sat on the timberwolves bench and cheered with the opposing fans (at Golden State). Jimmy sat out home games for 'rest' then did not even attend the game (Utah, Rose's 50 point game). Jimmy was a no-show for pregame shootaround and then was unreachable, leaving the team unaware if he was even going to show up for the game. He then strolled in right before tipoff and Thibs started him (Milwaukee).

Not to mention that he only showed up for a total of 6 minutes of pre-season practice time, was a disruptive a$$, then had an ESPN interview waiting for him when he left.

OK, those things aren't the same, but those happened after Jimmy was already done and trying to force himself out. I don't think Rudy would ever get to that point. But the things that frustrated Jimmy also frustrate Gobert. Gobert has called out his teammates publicly. He constantly yells at them when he's unhappy with their defense. We praise Gobert for creating that kind of culture and accountability. Jimmy would fit right in with his mentality.
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#33 » by vryadli » Fri May 17, 2019 10:55 pm

KqWIN wrote:
PharmD wrote:

OK, those things aren't the same, but those happened after Jimmy was already done and trying to force himself out. I don't think Rudy would ever get to that point. But the things that frustrated Jimmy also frustrate Gobert. Gobert has called out his teammates publicly. He constantly yells at them when he's unhappy with their defense. We praise Gobert for creating that kind of culture and accountability. Jimmy would fit right in with his mentality.

If discipline and tantrums are the same than Rudy and Jimmy are pretty much alike too. If they are opposite, that this men attitude are opposite too - even if both can make people to shout.
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#34 » by eLo » Tue May 28, 2019 2:11 pm

ok im bringing it back, as i want to ask ya all how much Brogdan is worth? as for me i think he is exceptional perfect fit for Jazz, big 1/2 guard efficient offensively, who dont need ball to be so, good def player, as for me i think he could be even better story than Hill in Utah. So is he worth 20 or so mln $ per season, knowing how good fit he could be next to Mitchell?
dr0welf
Analyst

Post#35 » by dr0welf » Wed May 29, 2019 2:15 am

eLo wrote:ok im bringing it back, as i want to ask ya all how much Brogdan is worth? as for me i think he is exceptional perfect fit for Jazz, big 1/2 guard efficient offensively, who dont need ball to be so, good def player, as for me i think he could be even better story than Hill in Utah. So is he worth 20 or so mln $ per season, knowing how good fit he could be next to Mitchell?

I think he will get 18-20mil/year but I don't think he is quite worth that yet. But even if you gave him that I don't think you get him as Milwaukee is going to keep their team together as much as possible to keep Giannis happy.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#36 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:57 am

Maybe two players worth supermax today. Giannis and K.L Rest are to old or hurt to much or just not good enough. Not sure Curry or Harden is worth it. Both lacking great D. But hell. Not my money so spend away.

Return to Utah Jazz