Grizzlies Draft Lottery Watch

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Grizzlies Draft Lottery Watch 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:15 pm

https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/grind-city-media/mikecheck-5-things-know-grizzlies-enter-tuesdays-nba-draft-lottery-190514

The Grizzlies currently sit at #8 in the NBADraft. All of that can change tonight as the lottery will take place to determine the fate of whether the Grizzlies will keep the pick for this draft or they will fall out of the top eight thus sending their owe pick to the Boston Celtics.

All will be reveal tonight on the 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Show on ESPN around 7:00 PM CST

For the second straight year, Grizzlies minority owner Elliot Perry will represent the franchise on the Draft Lottery set for the nationally televised portion of the event.

A Memphis native, Perry starred for the Memphis Tigers and spent time near the end of his decade-long NBA playing career with the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies entered last year’s lottery slotted second, but came away with the fourth pick, which was used a month later on Jaren Jackson Jr., a first team All-Rookie candidate.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Re: Grizzlies Draft Lottery Watch 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:49 pm

SD2042 wrote:https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/grind-city-media/mikecheck-5-things-know-grizzlies-enter-tuesdays-nba-draft-lottery-190514

The Grizzlies currently sit at #8 in the NBADraft. All of that can change tonight as the lottery will take place to determine the fate of whether the Grizzlies will keep the pick for this draft or they will fall out of the top eight thus sending their owe pick to the Boston Celtics.

All will be reveal tonight on the 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Show on ESPN around 7:00 PM CST

For the second straight year, Grizzlies minority owner Elliot Perry will represent the franchise on the Draft Lottery set for the nationally televised portion of the event.

A Memphis native, Perry starred for the Memphis Tigers and spent time near the end of his decade-long NBA playing career with the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies entered last year’s lottery slotted second, but came away with the fourth pick, which was used a month later on Jaren Jackson Jr., a first team All-Rookie candidate.

He better pick better socks. Preferably some worn by someone in a Memphis uniform.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:52 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/news/grind-city-media/mikecheck-5-things-know-grizzlies-enter-tuesdays-nba-draft-lottery-190514

He better pick better socks. Preferably some worn by someone in a Memphis uniform.

:lol: :lol:

Funny as hell!
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,679

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Stephen A Smith
✔
@stephenasmith

Yes. From everything I’ve heard, KD and Kyrie are planning on coming to New York. 95% Chance they say! Only potential hiccup is KD changing his mind

If true, Knicks have more than enough trade assets to land Davis in trade which I assume they will to go all out to land their big 3 taking all of LA's top options off the table where LA would have pressure to find a quality PG, who can shoot, to make the most of Lebron's years. (Conley, Ingram, Lebron & enough cap for another big FA signing) is not a bad plan B for LA.

Reason I'm posting this trade idea in a draft thread, is that at the deadline Chicago was rumored to have interest in Ball for a top 5 pick assuming Bulls miss out on specified targets, I'm assuming outside the obvious of Zion, Ja & RJ to make the 4th/5th pick available for Ball.

"Could the No.  4 pick and a package with [Kris] Dunn be enough to pry Ball loose?" Cowley asked. "He'd be the perfect fit for what the Bulls are looking for, with an ability to push the ball and make plays, in addition to solid defense; he finished this season seventh among NBA point guards in Defensive RPM." The Bulls will likely wait until the draft lottery May 14 before considering any major moves.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2831124-lonzo-ball-trade-rumors-lakers-bulls-discussed-pg-around-2019-trade-deadline

If Smith is correct & Bulls land outside the top 3, I'm suggesting a 3 way draft deal with LA & Chicago

[b]Lakers trade
- (Ball, #11, Cap space) receive (Conley)

Chicago trade - (#4/#5 where they miss out on Ja & maybe RJ, filler) receive (Ball)

Memphis trade - (Conley) receive (#4, #11, filler, cap space)

#4 - Hunter-Culver-Garland
#8 - Hayes
#11 - Johnson
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Whole Truth » Wed May 15, 2019 12:56 am

Congrats Memphis on getting the 2nd pick.

In the suggested trade scenario above if LA is willing to deal Ball for Conley now that Memphis can draft Ja. Bulls pick fell to 7th.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:58 am

Whole Truth wrote:Congrats Memphis on getting the 2nd pick.

In the suggested trade scenario above if LA is willing to deal Ball & #11 for Conley now that Memphis can draft Ja. Bulls pick fell to 7th.

#2 - Ja Morant
#7 - Hayes/Hunter
#11 - Johnson

Lakers have 4. They moved up.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 am

I just had a frickin heart attack watching. REALLY wanted Zion, and we were a coin flip away from getting him, but Ja is one heck of a consolation prize.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Whole Truth » Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Congrats Memphis on getting the 2nd pick.

In the suggested trade scenario above if LA is willing to deal Ball & #11 for Conley now that Memphis can draft Ja. Bulls pick fell to 7th.

#2 - Ja Morant
#7 - Hayes/Hunter
#11 - Johnson

Lakers have 4. They moved up.

Yeah, I was late to edit.

(4th pick, cap space) for (Conley) or 3 way with Ball going to Chicago for the 7th.

Memphis can come out the draft with Ja & #4 Hunter or #7 Hayes.
Zman80000
Sophomore
And1: 306

Post#9 » by Zman80000 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:02 am

Congratulations Grizz fans.
I'm from Cleveland but live in Memphis now.

Fantastic lottery result considering most wanted the pick to be 9 and convey to Boston to get it over with.

I agree, the Grizz should take Morant at 2.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#10 » by Worst_to_First » Wed May 15, 2019 1:05 am

Congrats guys for moving up!

We’ll take who you don’t want between Ja or RJ.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#11 » by VCfor3 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:09 am

Worst_to_First wrote:Congrats guys for moving up!

I still think you guys have a chance of packaging that pick in an AD deal.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#12 » by SD2042 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:09 am

Zman80000 wrote:Congratulations Grizz fans.
I'm from Cleveland but live in Memphis now.

Fantastic lottery result considering most wanted the pick to be 9 and convey to Boston to get it over with.

I agree, the Grizz should take Morant at 2.

Congrats to the Grizzlies on getting the #2 pick of the draft.

I will admit, I didn't go into this lottery with any expections to where they go into this draft. Now that this is behind us, it's time for them to go to work and get after Ja Morant and make him the PG of the Grizzlies future come June 20th of next month.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Whole Truth » Wed May 15, 2019 1:09 am

VCfor3 wrote:I just had a frickin heart attack watching. REALLY wanted Zion, and we were a coin flip away from getting him, but Ja is one heck of a consolation prize.

No doubt.

Having Morant eases any deal involving Conley.

Hopefully Conley's value can net another quality pick & some cap relief.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#14 » by SD2042 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:19 am

As a Knicks fan, now that the Knicks are picking #3, do you still believe the Knicks would trade the 3rd pick for AD23?
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Post#15 » by Worst_to_First » Wed May 15, 2019 1:21 am

SD2042 wrote:

As a Knicks fan, now that the Knicks are picking #3, do you still believe the Knicks would trade the 3rd pick for AD23?

I think AD is going to look silly not to at least give NOLA a try with Zion there.

Only advantage with the 3rd pick is that if NOLA plans to go full rebuild we could angle for a Zion and RJ reunion.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#16 » by SD2042 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:30 am

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I just had a frickin heart attack watching. REALLY wanted Zion, and we were a coin flip away from getting him, but Ja is one heck of a consolation prize.

No doubt.

[tweet]
Read on Twitter
[/tweet]
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Whole Truth » Wed May 15, 2019 1:43 am

SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

No doubt.

[tweet]
Read on Twitter
[/tweet]

Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Whole Truth » Wed May 15, 2019 1:47 am

Chandan
RealGM
And1: 20,997

Post#19 » by Chandan » Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 am

congrats from brother franchise!
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#20 » by VCfor3 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 am

I'm going to be pissed if Memphis drafts RJ at 2 over Ja.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies