ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Should we resign Vuc/Ross

Yes
34%
Yes, but just Vuc
7%
Yes, but just Ross
40%
No
18%

Total votes: 126

NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Re: Official Speculation Thread ‘19-'20 I: Big decisions on the horizon 

Post#461 » by NavalAviator94 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:46 pm

orlando1214 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Watch first 2 seasons of Lost ,than stop and just imagine all directions show could take.
And NEVER watch single episode after it :lol:

Stopping at season 2 of Lost would be a shame. You would miss out on a lot of good stuff. In particular, The Constant episode from season 4 is still my favorite Lost episodes and one of my favorite TV episodes ever. There is a lot of hit or miss stuff, but I definitely think the other seasons are worth watching even if the last season is disappointing.

Definitely watch lost if you ended on season 2. I felt the same as you the first 2 years until they gave the series an end date. Once they knew when the end was, they created a much better story that didn't meander like the first 2 seasons.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#462 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue May 14, 2019 7:07 pm

T-Cat wrote:
Read on Twitter

:nod: :nod:

I don’t ... I don’t know what this means.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#463 » by Skybox » Tue May 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Jiwol wrote:Is there any mod who can clean this off-topic mess instead of contributing to it?!

For a lot of people, "What to do on Sunday night" is a big decision now on their horizon
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#464 » by woosah » Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 am

we getting zion

oh i forgot the lol
we've been in the lotto so long, i forgot we don't have a shot.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#465 » by Bensational » Wed May 15, 2019 12:47 am

Oh man, screw the Lakers.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,764

Post#466 » by OrlandoNed » Wed May 15, 2019 12:48 am

Does anybody else think the deputy NBA commissioner Tatum has an extremely punchable face? And I mean this not as a Magic fan, because I think we all can’t stand the sight of him as Magic fans.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#467 » by Bensational » Wed May 15, 2019 12:57 am

Congrats to the Pels. They needed a break like that.

Good haul for Memphis, too. They'll rebuild quickly.

Knicks do well. RJ Barrett will go well with Durant.

Lakers got lucky. My money says it gets traded. For what, I don't know yet. Maybe in a package for Beal. Ingram + #4 for Beal. They've got plenty more to add if they want.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#468 » by KillMonger » Wed May 15, 2019 2:24 am

i don't care what anyone says, for me personally it's refreshing to not be in the lottery this year....stress free
Catledge
Starter
And1: 833

Post#469 » by Catledge » Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 am

Bensational wrote:Congrats to the Pels. They needed a break like that.

Lakers got lucky. My money says it gets traded. For what, I don't know yet. Maybe in a package for Beal. Ingram + #4 for Beal. They've got plenty more to add if they want.

That seems like a lot of future to give up. It will be interesting to see if the Lakers are willing to sell off that much future for these next two or three years with Lebron declining.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#470 » by OrlandO » Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 am

Solid Snake wrote:i don't care what anyone says, for me personally it's refreshing to not be in the lottery this year....stress free

I didn't even know the lotto was today :lol:
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#471 » by Bensational » Wed May 15, 2019 3:11 am

Catledge wrote:

That seems like a lot of future to give up. It will be interesting to see if the Lakers are willing to sell off that much future for these next two or three years with Lebron declining.

Beal is still quite young. Once LeBron declines, Beal plus the remaining youth should be a solid foundation to lure another free agent to come replace Bron. You could get a very good 7 seasons out of Beal.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#472 » by Ducklett » Wed May 15, 2019 6:27 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:I wasn’t an avid lost or dexter follower, but this season has been garbage. Visually stunning last episode. Great music scores. But the characters aren’t even the same characters you followed for the past 8 seasons.

I will surely read the books now because they jumped so much this season.

Like they skipped half a book between episodes of character development.

It just doesn’t feel like game of thrones anymore.

They broke the whole logic of the realm. The others were in the first scene of the first episode. The whole show was about them and the final showdown. And then.....

Lots of examples like this. Lots of characters that seemingly had strokes or did lots of inhalants off screen and became brain dead shells with the same name and actor. With no explanation.

They wrapped it up like a student who realized they had already passed their required word count.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Watch first 2 seasons of Lost ,than stop and just imagine all directions show could take.

Imo under bad decisions and questionable and stupid moves, good moral of a story is hidden somwhere.
War brings nothing good, and no matter what we as people learn, or we think we learned, we still are small, little, ego driven idiots that will destroy everything and everybody around us in chase of our own delusions. We are all heros in our story and absolute power corrupts absolutely ( Danny- dragons, Aerys II was "good" but went mad over time...). Last episode had really strong anti war message and who really suffers the most. Random, everyday people that have nothing to do with anything.
It's funny how they butchered every prophesy on purpose and used Night King as "side quest" to bring back men driven conflict last. It's like they saying " you united in face of death itself, just to go back and being stupid little men against each other once again, so who is true villain here ,death or you " .

If you are willing to watch it 2 hours at a time and wait a day or two then watch 2 more hours, it would watch much better.

Most of the fun of LOST was watching it every week and predicting what in the world was going on. The experience of watching the show was just as much part of the show as the plot. It doesn't help they went for a over-the-top hidden ending situation for a TV audience who averages in the double digit IQ. I am still shocked to this day that people didn't figure out the ending and many of the other mysteries, even when ones were SHOWN AS OBVIOUSLY AS POSSIBLE (the numbers).
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#473 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:12 am

Ducklett wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:I wasn’t an avid lost or dexter follower, but this season has been garbage. Visually stunning last episode. Great music scores. But the characters aren’t even the same characters you followed for the past 8 seasons.

I will surely read the books now because they jumped so much this season.

Like they skipped half a book between episodes of character development.

It just doesn’t feel like game of thrones anymore.

They broke the whole logic of the realm. The others were in the first scene of the first episode. The whole show was about them and the final showdown. And then.....

Lots of examples like this. Lots of characters that seemingly had strokes or did lots of inhalants off screen and became brain dead shells with the same name and actor. With no explanation.

They wrapped it up like a student who realized they had already passed their required word count.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Watch first 2 seasons of Lost ,than stop and just imagine all directions show could take.

Imo under bad decisions and questionable and stupid moves, good moral of a story is hidden somwhere.
War brings nothing good, and no matter what we as people learn, or we think we learned, we still are small, little, ego driven idiots that will destroy everything and everybody around us in chase of our own delusions. We are all heros in our story and absolute power corrupts absolutely ( Danny- dragons, Aerys II was "good" but went mad over time...). Last episode had really strong anti war message and who really suffers the most. Random, everyday people that have nothing to do with anything.
It's funny how they butchered every prophesy on purpose and used Night King as "side quest" to bring back men driven conflict last. It's like they saying " you united in face of death itself, just to go back and being stupid little men against each other once again, so who is true villain here ,death or you " .

If you are willing to watch it 2 hours at a time and wait a day or two then watch 2 more hours, it would watch much better.

Most of the fun of LOST was watching it every week and predicting what in the world was going on. The experience of watching the show was just as much part of the show as the plot. It doesn't help they went for a over-the-top hidden ending situation for a TV audience who averages in the double digit IQ. I am still shocked to this day that people didn't figure out the ending and many of the other mysteries, even when ones were SHOWN AS OBVIOUSLY AS POSSIBLE (the numbers).

I liked lot of aspects of a show and how they played with mind of characters like when they found hatch and had to press numbers every day (?? )just in frear what would happen if they don't.
Same numbers were repeated all over the show from hatch, Hugo's winning lottery numbers, miles driven on his car, kate's trail number was also that....
In hindsight (and like most people predicted) numbers kind a ment that it was too big coincidence to the point where you have to think about all of them being either dead or connected in some crazy way.

But most of a show was all over a place when it comes to making cohesive story, from them leaving Island, going back, from Jakob, man in Black, failure to give birth on insland, Libby, Walt and his powers ( that storyline was dropped due his puberty :banghead: ) . Imo they had great idea how to start show and never planned 8 years runtime, than halfway through they were just throwing things on wall , to see what sticks.
Numbers were probably never ment to be that important but fandom picked up and starterd to find bigger meaning to it, boxed in corner they come up with most vague explaination they could ( Jakob's replacment ?! ).
It's hard to even explain to somebody who never watched what is show all about.
it's about of group of survivors of car crash on island where they find out about magic ( bear, dark tornado/fog/whatever), monsters, religion, death, purgatory, numbers, death itself,meaning of life. You know it's bad when only logical explanation of whole show was " they were dead whole time", and yet show's producer , 4 years after a show flat out said " 'No, no, no. They were not dead the whole time.'" Yet , went later to tell that they are all dead in final scene ...

I loved the show, but man, it was confusin one.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#474 » by Bensational » Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 am

Bensational wrote:
Catledge wrote:

Beal is still quite young. Once LeBron declines, Beal plus the remaining youth should be a solid foundation to lure another free agent to come replace Bron. You could get a very good 7 seasons out of Beal.

On that note, a LeBron + Beal package is gonna look nice to some FAs. Imagine if Kyrie signed with them? Kuzma/Bron/Beal/Kyrie. They contend, and Kyrie and Beal are young still. There's a now and a future. Very possible. It's a good deal on its own though, in my opinion.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#475 » by Knightro » Wed May 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Assuming the Grizzlies draft Morant at 2, what is the most anyone on this board would give up for Mike Conley Jr.?

He has two years, 67M remaining on his contract.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 889

Post#476 » by Bakomagic » Wed May 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Knightro wrote:Assuming the Grizzlies draft Morant at 2, what is the most anyone on this board would give up for Mike Conley Jr.?

A win now vet who has a massive salary but only for two years ? Im finding it hard to judge trade value. His suitors will probably be contending teams but what assets do they have ?

Lotto teams have assets but they don’t lineup with winning now.

With that being said Conley is prone to injury so I would start negotiations with Expirings (DJ and Moz) and our pick this year (#16).

Then bring back Vuc and Ross and put ourselves in position to contend for home court in the first round and continue to develop our young guys in a winning atmosphere.

Conley/Fultz
Fournier/Tross
Isaac/Iwundu
Ag/Isaac
Vuc/Bamba

Then when Fournier and Conley contracts are up we will be easier to attract Free agents to a team with young guys who have playoff experience or we will have the money to retain our young guys( Bamba,Fultz, Isaac) if one of them develops into a star.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#477 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed May 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Knightro wrote:Assuming the Grizzlies draft Morant at 2, what is the most anyone on this board would give up for Mike Conley Jr.?

I think Memphis could look at taking on $ for another 1st this year or future 1st. They're not going to be good next year and need to cash in on Conley's value come Draft Night.

Teams I could see going after Conley and have $$ to match it- Detroit, Chicago and I could see Boston maybe interested depending on what Kyrie does.

Is it me or did Hayward coming back really really screw the Celtics up.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#478 » by npiper17 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:42 pm

You have to think this brings an end to all-out tanking. It was pretty funny watching Knicks fans (though I don’t mind the Knicks) think their 14% chance was a guarantee of Zion.

This also worked out well for the Magic as none of our division rivals moved up (they moved down) and the top 2 picks went West.

I’m not convinced the Grizz go with Morant at 2. Could see Barrett go there if they decide to keep hold of Conley.

Interesting month ahead.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,764

Post#479 » by OrlandoNed » Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm

npiper17 wrote:You have to think this brings an end to all-out tanking. It was pretty funny watching Knicks fans (though I don’t mind the Knicks) think their 14% chance was a guarantee of Zion.

This also worked out well for the Magic as none of our division rivals moved up (they moved down) and the top 2 picks went West.

I’m not convinced the Grizz go with Morant at 2. Could see Barrett go there if they decide to keep hold of Conley.

Interesting month ahead.

Apparently, the Wizards were extremely close to getting #1. Nice to not have Zion in division.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,079

Post#480 » by SOUL » Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 pm

npiper17 wrote:You have to think this brings an end to all-out tanking. It was pretty funny watching Knicks fans (though I don’t mind the Knicks) think their 14% chance was a guarantee of Zion.

Interesting month ahead.

Eh, the chances were still public knowledge though. That's just blind faith from Knicks fans. Top 3 is still good in a draft that doesn't have Zion. If they half-assed the tank and started 5th or 6th, they would've gotten moved back to where the Bulls are. But yeah, you could easily be the Knicks or the Suns and either stay where you are or move back 3 spots. Tanking has always been a risky game, now it's even riskier.

Return to Orlando Magic