ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#801 » by BradMKE » Wed May 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I bought an extra set before the playoffs so it gives me a little more flexibility. But it is tough with some of these prices. I can pay for over 1/2 of my next year with selling 2 tickets. Everybody will disappear when/if they start losing again, so part of me is like screw them and make hay while I can, haha.

Exactly. Haven't run the numbers yet but I'm pretty sure I've already made enough profit from selling a little over half of my regular season tickets and the extra 2 playoff seats they let us buy to completely pay for next year's season package (and that's not counting potential ECF games 5/7 or Finals).

So even if we suck next year and you can't give away tickets I'm still going to be well in the black for the 2-year stretch despite going to a bunch of regular season games and all the playoff games this season. Letting us buy our playoff tickets and extras at such low prices was worth infinitely more than any other perks they could've offered to STHs.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,715

Post#802 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed May 15, 2019 3:43 pm

I remember when people mocked the idea of having an outdoor plaza where people could watch the games. That will be the best place in the city to watch the playoffs other than inside the arena.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#803 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 15, 2019 4:10 pm

There's actually good weather today plus TNT pregame is broadcasting from the plaza. Back to crappy weather for Friday though. I don't remember mocking. Most people have always thought having the plaza and entertainment area was a good idea
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#804 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed May 15, 2019 4:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:There's actually good weather today plus TNT pregame is broadcasting from the plaza. Back to crappy weather for Friday though. I don't remember mocking. Most people have always thought having the plaza and entertainment area was a good idea

Looks like I picked the right game to not buy tix for and plan to watch in the Deer Garden!

Will be in the arena on Friday night.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#805 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:There's actually good weather today plus TNT pregame is broadcasting from the plaza. Back to crappy weather for Friday though. I don't remember mocking. Most people have always thought having the plaza and entertainment area was a good idea

I'll find their posts. So help me God I will find their posts.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#806 » by buckboy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:25 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
soxperry wrote:I leave for my honeymoon the day before Finals game 7 so that will be a very interesting decision to make. Do I sell the tickets (at face) to my two best friends who would die to go to the game or do I make a big chunk of change?

Hopefully we wrap it all up by game 6 and I don't have to make that decision.

Same here. I t is looking like I will have to travel for work that Monday after Game 7 so I hope it is wrapped before that too. And tough call to sell for $ or offer to family/friends. If someone has bought/gone with me before the bandwagon train, I'm trying to get them to at least a game. I bought an extra set before the playoffs so it gives me a little more flexibility. But it is tough with some of these prices. I can pay for over 1/2 of my next year with selling 2 tickets. Everybody will disappear when/if they start losing again, so part of me is like screw them and make hay while I can, haha.

I pre-sold game 1 finals ticket on stubhub and got back $1,050 for the pair. My rationale is I bought an extra seat next year as part of a group (Will average 3 tix a game). I could either give the tickets to 2 friends (and have other friends mad at me for not considering them) or have 41 tickets next year to spread the wealth. I ultimately took the risk by buying season tickets this year and financed it, so it I really don't care if someone in my friend group gets mad. I took care of them enough over the year.

We are a Giannis 2-month injury and losing Lopez/Malcolm in FA away from the tickets becoming paperweights and these same friends backing out of a Wednesday game in January because the Bucks suck.

What is the face on your seats that you made $1,050 on?
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#807 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed May 15, 2019 5:46 pm

buckboy wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
Same here. I t is looking like I will have to travel for work that Monday after Game 7 so I hope it is wrapped before that too. And tough call to sell for $ or offer to family/friends. If someone has bought/gone with me before the bandwagon train, I'm trying to get them to at least a game. I bought an extra set before the playoffs so it gives me a little more flexibility. But it is tough with some of these prices. I can pay for over 1/2 of my next year with selling 2 tickets. Everybody will disappear when/if they start losing again, so part of me is like screw them and make hay while I can, haha.

I pre-sold game 1 finals ticket on stubhub and got back $1,050 for the pair. My rationale is I bought an extra seat next year as part of a group (Will average 3 tix a game). I could either give the tickets to 2 friends (and have other friends mad at me for not considering them) or have 41 tickets next year to spread the wealth. I ultimately took the risk by buying season tickets this year and financed it, so it I really don't care if someone in my friend group gets mad. I took care of them enough over the year.

We are a Giannis 2-month injury and losing Lopez/Malcolm in FA away from the tickets becoming paperweights and these same friends backing out of a Wednesday game in January because the Bucks suck.

227 Row 5. $25 Face in Regular Season, $65 Face for Finals; Listed for $625 (buyer probably paid $675 after fees) and I think I get back $525/ticket after fees. So really made $460 profit. I posted early on stubhub as the lowest price and someone bought. Don't think I will get that much even for Game 5/7. My tickets went up next year to $1,250 per seat, so that almost pays for one seat of regular season games.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#808 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed May 15, 2019 5:51 pm

I'm going to toss my uppers out there for Game 1 and 5 and hope someone gets drunk and buys them if we win tonight.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#809 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed May 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I'm going to toss my uppers out there

Sounds like British slang for something dirty.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#810 » by buckboy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:58 pm

buckboy wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I pre-sold game 1 finals ticket on stubhub and got back $1,050 for the pair. My rationale is I bought an extra seat next year as part of a group (Will average 3 tix a game). I could either give the tickets to 2 friends (and have other friends mad at me for not considering them) or have 41 tickets next year to spread the wealth. I ultimately took the risk by buying season tickets this year and financed it, so it I really don't care if someone in my friend group gets mad. I took care of them enough over the year.

227 Row 5. $25 Face in Regular Season, $65 Face for Finals; Listed for $625 (buyer probably paid $675 after fees) and I think I get back $525/ticket after fees. So really made $460 profit. I posted early on stubhub as the lowest price and someone bought. Don't think I will get that much even for Game 5/7. My tickets went up next year to $1,250 per seat, so that almost pays for one seat of regular season games.

Yeah, I think I can give up 2 of my 4 for the Finals. The prices on StubHub are astounding.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#811 » by emunney » Wed May 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Go to the Finals!
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
buckboy
RealGM

Post#812 » by buckboy » Wed May 15, 2019 6:01 pm

The obvious concern is letting more Ws 'fans' in the building. Gonna have to think about this.
emunney
RealGM

Post#813 » by emunney » Wed May 15, 2019 6:04 pm

My concern is that you get back from the Finals game you didn't sell and go "what the hell was I thinking?" for the rest of your life. Those tickets can't be worth more to anybody who doesn't post on this board. Now is not the time to be sensible.
emunney
RealGM

Post#814 » by emunney » Wed May 15, 2019 6:04 pm

I support you no matter what choice you make.
Superfito
Senior
And1: 82

Post#815 » by Superfito » Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm

You could sell the first few games to ensure that if they win at home, you'll be there.
emunney
RealGM

Post#816 » by emunney » Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm

buckboy
RealGM

Post#817 » by buckboy » Wed May 15, 2019 6:07 pm

emunney wrote:My concern is that you get back from the Finals game you didn't sell and go "what the hell was I thinking?" for the rest of your life. Those tickets can't be worth more to anybody who doesn't post on this board. Now is not the time to be sensible.

I'm going to every game. I have 4 seats. I'm thinking of selling 2.

No chance in Hell I'd miss one.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#818 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Prices for tonight's game have come down for some tix if anyone is still thinking about going.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#819 » by skones » Wed May 15, 2019 7:57 pm

So, for those of you without tickets to tonight's game (thanks to twirl for starting me in the right direction), I'll give you a heads up on a ridiculous deal I found on seatgeek:

Sort by price,

Look for "pdeck row rl"

They are currently 105 a pop, I got mine for 99. There are two left.

If these seats are legitimate, (seatgeek sends a QR code, which was a bit odd given every ticket I've ever purchased has come from ticketmaster) they include free food and drink along with a rail seat (did confirm this with the Bucks ticket office) on the Panorama deck. Given I live a mile from the arena and had planned on watching outside, I'll either get a refund, seatgeek will get me a comparable seat, or be getting one hell of a deal as these seats are available for purchase for 325.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#820 » by skones » Wed May 15, 2019 8:27 pm

skones wrote:So, for those of you without tickets to tonight's game (thanks to twirl for starting me in the right direction), I'll give you a heads up on a ridiculous deal I found on seatgeek:

Sort by price,

Look for "pdeck row rl"

They are currently 105 a pop, I got mine for 99. There are two left.

If these seats are legitimate, (seatgeek sends a QR code, which was a bit odd given every ticket I've ever purchased has come from ticketmaster) they include free food and drink along with a rail seat (did confirm this with the Bucks ticket office) on the Panorama deck. Given I live a mile from the arena and had planned on watching outside, I'll either get a refund, seatgeek will get me a comparable seat, or be getting one hell of a deal as these seats are available for purchase for 325.

EDIT: I spoke to another and he says it does not include food and beverage. So conflicting. Either way, 99 bucks is cheaper than everywhere else.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks