WWE General Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Re: WWE General Discussion II 

Post#1101 » by Coach Smiley » Wed May 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Fun watch, but it was indirectly Conrad Thompson's idea, from what I gather he asked to screen the match at Starrcast as compensation for WWE pulling Taker, WWE agreed to the deal but decided to air the match on the Network to take away the novelty of Conrad's screening. Kind of petty.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,812

Post#1102 » by Stanford » Thu May 16, 2019 2:40 am

I forgot we had to alternate praise and criticism on this board.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1103 » by Spens1 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 am

iMoreland wrote:Pretty cool theory I seen about Bray Wyatt:

Bray is targetting Daniel Bryan. The Firefly Fun House is a kids show so Birdie Danielson will watch it.

That would be some amazing long term booking and could be an amzing storyline.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Post#1104 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu May 16, 2019 11:29 am

Triple H is reportedly “the most frustrated person” in WWE

The stories we’ve heard about people being frustrated with Vince McMahon have been confirmed by many people in the company and it’s no secret that wrestlers are looking at their options when their contracts expire.

In the last week, Triple H seemed to acknowledge to the fans that he knows change is needed but there’s not much he can do until Vince McMahon decides to step aside. Triple H recently liked and then unliked these two fan tweets:

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/triple-h-is-reportedly-the-most-frustrated-person-in-wwe/

A great read, something most of us know already but still good.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1105 » by Stanford » Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Triple H to AEW?
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#1106 » by detroitKG » Fri May 17, 2019 12:44 am

DAMN this one hit me cause she not that far off from my age..RIP ASHLEY

Read on Twitter
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1107 » by tugs » Fri May 17, 2019 12:48 am

WHAT?!
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#1108 » by tugs » Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 am

Checked her Twitter and her latest is about fan mails. Damn those people are gonna be in tears even more.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#1109 » by Rich Rane » Fri May 17, 2019 12:59 am

I couldn't believe the ESPN notification.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#1110 » by Scott Hall » Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am

Yeah pretty shocking curious to see what the cause of death was
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1111 » by bestnamezRtaken » Fri May 17, 2019 11:35 am

Didn't know much about her as I wasn't watching when she came to the WWE, I knew of her and when I read she had passed I could picture her look, just very sad to hear this, at such a young age. I read she was training to make a come back and had just sent out tons of fanmail back.

Her daughter posted on IG requesting people to stop sending her messages about the loss of her mother, as she's still processing and said it doesn't even seem like it's reality yet.

Rest in peace Ashley.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#1112 » by Wo1verine » Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Yeah pretty shocking curious to see what the cause of death was

Killed herself apparently.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/17/ex-wwe-star-ashley-massaro-died-of-apparent-suicide-report/

Feel bad for her daughter ..
BrunoSkull
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#1113 » by spykelee » Fri May 17, 2019 10:47 pm

Interesting that she had concussion issues and believed that linked to her depression and likely this very sad ending... Very sad story as I remember her on divas search and throughout her career. Makes you wonder what the Alexa bliss's of the world are thinking atm and everyone else in the company that has had numerous concussions.

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1114 » by Scott Hall » Sat May 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Wo1verine wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Yeah pretty shocking curious to see what the cause of death was

Killed herself apparently.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/17/ex-wwe-star-ashley-massaro-died-of-apparent-suicide-report/

Feel bad for her daughter ..

Seems a little suspicious to me depression is killer and goes to show you that having money, some fame, being
really good looking and having anyone you want, a ton of friends and a child doesn't bring you happiness. As for
her wrestling career I only remember her doing bra & panties and lingerie matches but who knows maybe she
took some bad bumps. A lot of the women wrestlers are a little reckless and don't know how to bump properly.
Ashley had little training before they threw her out there in front of live audiences. Apparently she was also
sexually assaulted by some soldiers at one of those tribute to the troops shows in 2006.

I have a feeling she may have accidentally over dosed on her drug addiction similar to what happened with Chyna
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1115 » by Scott Hall » Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Stanford wrote:Whoever conceived of and put together that Tom Magee doc for the network needs a contract extension and a raise.

Like most wrestling fans, I'd read about the match and the legend of Tom Magee a bunch of times. After seeing the match, it's no surprise that Vince thought he was going to be a huge deal. Paradoxically, I think WWF was the worst place he could have landed. He would ultimately be compared to Hogan no matter what he did, and would need to carry shows by himself, as a babyface. It seems weird, but I think he could have been a thing with Crockett. Imagine putting him into a feud with Flair where all he has to do is stomp around, do flips and throw Flair from one side of the ring to the other. It could have worked, at least for 6 months or something. it worked with Luger.

Bunch of things:

- Harry Smith's Bret impression is predictably great.
- Harry Smith's Canadian accent is jarring as ****. First of all, he looks identical to his father, who I'm used to hearing with an insane Manchester accent. Second, that particular Canadian accent is pervasive across the entire country, but not characteristic of all (or even most) Canadians. When I was in Alberta, I'd hear it. When I came home to Nova Scotia, I'd hear it. It's everywhere, and I have no clue how to explain it. Someone needs to get John McWhorter on this.
- Bret Hart: amazing, obviously.
- Heenan and Monsoon: amazing, obviously.
- Tom Magee was just way too Canadian to make it as a top babyface for Vince. The hair and the goofy face and mannerisms were too much. Kenny Omega would have the same problem if he wasn't such a weeb.
- Crazy that Magee had no idea how the office felt about him. I feel like he may have tried a little harder if he wasn't so oblivious. I wish we could have gotten more info on what he was thinking during that time. The doc made it seem like he was happy enough to have a nice match and a chance.

If you haven't checked it out, I would recommend it. It's very good, and short.

Yeah it was a good documentary although it left a lot of unanswered questions. Right away you can tell he's super
impressive especially for an 80's wrestler from that era. He reminded me more of a super athletic Ultimate Warrior
or Texas Tornado rather than Hogan but this was 1986 and those 2 hadn't arrived yet so I get the "next Hogan" reaction
from Vince.

He actually looks like a juiced up Kenny Omega... but I wouldn't say he had a Canadian accent nobody in Ontario or Quebec
talks like the Harts maybe people out West do or Atlantic Canada but I've never traveled out there nor do I know any
people from those parts of Canada.

I'm guessing McGee had no mic skills or maybe was a bad employee because it makes no sense that he was buried
for 4 years and it makes no sense why WCW or AWA or NJPW didn't pick him up.

Also where does this notion come from that Vince won't push a guy as a top babyface because he's Canadian? is it
because in the mid 2000's he changed Jericho, Benoit and Edge & Christians hometowns to American ones?
After Hogan, Savage and Warriors run he anointed Bret Hart the next big babyface champion. And before him Piper
was one of the top babyfaces in the company just never world champ.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1116 » by Stanford » Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Scott Hall wrote:Also where does this notion come from that Vince won't push a guy as a top babyface because he's Canadian?

Not because he's Canadian - because he's too Canadian. I'm mostly joking. I've lived in Ontario, Atlantic Canada and Western Canada. Tom Magee seems to be all of the things that the population of those places have in common. Some might say, too nice.

I'm guessing McGee had no mic skills or maybe was a bad employee because it makes no sense that he was buried

I'm pretty sure the consensus was that he never learned how to wrestle.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#1117 » by Scott Hall » Sun May 19, 2019 8:18 pm

Stanford wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Also where does this notion come from that Vince won't push a guy as a top babyface because he's Canadian?

Not because he's Canadian - because he's too Canadian. I'm mostly joking. I've lived in Ontario, Atlantic Canada and Western Canada. Tom Magee seems to be all of the things that the population of those places have in common. Some might say, too nice.

I'm pretty sure the consensus was that he never learned how to wrestle.

I know they said Bret Hart carried him in that match but he looked pretty good to me and it's not like guys in
the mid to late 80's in WWF were great workers. Also Magee was trained by Stu Hart how bad could he be?

Seems like he was among the first biggest wasted pieces of talent by Vince which would become a long list all
these decades later. Whenever a really talented guy gets wasted they should say he got "MaGee'd".

Also I miss tape trading even though we have the Network and Youtube and everything at our disposal now
there was something fun and innocent about tape trading along the lines of collecting baseball cards when
you were a kid.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#1118 » by MagicMadness » Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 pm

Yeah, I don't get why he didn't become at least a decent mid-carder. I know Bret's great, but MaGee seemed to be doing more than just holding his own out there. He had the body, and the wow factor. If he couldn't excite on the mic, well, join like half of the WWE these days. I wish the doc delved more into why he didn't make it.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1119 » by iMoreland » Mon May 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1120 » by bestnamezRtaken » Mon May 20, 2019 10:55 pm

I read both of those earlier today. Pretty terrible. Vince and his main team need to go.

Return to Pro Wrestling