Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1181 » by iamworthy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
JohnVancouver wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Damn it, logo inks with Clips.

Really discouraging we didn't try everything to get jerry back.

Jeanie and Jerry dont like each other. We were never going to try and he was never going to want to come back with her in charge.

If Jerry doesn't like Jeannie, why did he want to come back under her watch? I thought magic turned the idea of him coming back down.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,654

Post#1182 » by dockingsched » Thu May 16, 2019 3:02 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:
JohnVancouver wrote:
Really discouraging we didn't try everything to get jerry back.

Jeanie and Jerry dont like each other. We were never going to try and he was never going to want to come back with her in charge.

If Jerry doesn't like Jeannie, why did he want to come back under her watch? I thought magic turned the idea of him coming back down.

Thats not true. In his own words, Jerry said he was never going to come back to the Lakers even if contacted.

Absolutely not. I had no contact with the Lakers. Honestly, I would’ve never gone back there even if they would’ve contacted me. Never had any conversations, never had a desire there. I knew that would’ve never happened.”

https://www.lakersnation.com/jerry-west-no-lakers-return-even-if-they-wouldve-contacted-me/2017/08/23/
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#1183 » by stan francisco » Thu May 16, 2019 4:15 pm

dockingsched wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:Jeanie and Jerry dont like each other. We were never going to try and he was never going to want to come back with her in charge.

Thats not true. In his own words, Jerry said he was never going to come back to the Lakers even if contacted.

Absolutely not. I had no contact with the Lakers. Honestly, I would’ve never gone back there even if they would’ve contacted me. Never had any conversations, never had a desire there. I knew that would’ve never happened.”

https://www.lakersnation.com/jerry-west-no-lakers-return-even-if-they-wouldve-contacted-me/2017/08/23/

I did not know that. Thanks for that, Doc.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#1184 » by JohnVancouver » Thu May 16, 2019 10:38 pm

stan francisco wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

I did not know that. Thanks for that, Doc.

Me neither - makes me sad. Jerry was/is a huge part of the Lakers
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#1185 » by TyCobb » Tue May 21, 2019 3:53 am

Happy for Looney. High BBIQ and team first mentality.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#1186 » by AcecardZ » Tue May 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Slava wrote:Letting him walk for $3M might one of the dumbest all time decisions.

Depends what the 4th pick in the draft nets us.
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,815

Post#1187 » by TyCobb » Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 pm

True. This franchise isso damn lucky. Lmao
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1188 » by Kilroy » Tue May 21, 2019 6:17 pm

AcecardZ wrote:
Slava wrote:Letting him walk for $3M might one of the dumbest all time decisions.

I think a lot of people forget how awful Lopez was for us 95% of his time here... He was virtually useless until the final few months of the season. Then he caught fire and looked OK...

And him shooting and hitting 3s is great but we don't need that as much as we need a defensive presence down low to help cover for the next biggest guy on the court's unwillingness to play D.

I'm fine with letting Lopez walk... Trading Zubac was a far dumber move.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1189 » by iamworthy » Tue May 21, 2019 6:49 pm

Brook Lopez made 156 more three 3's than Brandon Ingram. It's hard for me to wrap my head around that.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,165

Post#1190 » by SlimShady83 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 am

iamworthy wrote:Brook Lopez made 156 more three 3's than Brandon Ingram. It's hard for me to wrap my head around that.

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
Bring back Defense
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#1191 » by JazzUte88 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:42 am

Andrew Bogut blocked on Twitter because I said he needs to hang it up lol, lazy slow **** did nothing for the Lakers. It's all good I always liked Kuz better as a player and a Ute (Bogut got us to a Sweet 16 as a #1, wooo :roll:).
King23James
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#1192 » by King23James » Thu May 23, 2019 10:46 am

The Ratings this playoffs were terrible, i think the summer free agency will be huge.Hope the Lakers will be the superteam formed to face GSW.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#1193 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu May 23, 2019 3:21 pm

How the **** do Kyrie and Curry get a vote for all defense team but Zo gets none? What a joke of a system.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1194 » by iamworthy » Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 pm

The Regime wrote:How the **** do Kyrie and Curry get a vote for all defense team but Zo gets none? What a joke of a system.

He probably wasn't t eligible.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#1195 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu May 23, 2019 7:37 pm

iamworthy wrote:
The Regime wrote:How the **** do Kyrie and Curry get a vote for all defense team but Zo gets none? What a joke of a system.

He probably wasn't t eligible.

Covington received votes and he only played a quarter of the season...
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#1196 » by TylersLakers » Fri May 24, 2019 8:58 pm

By the way..

Whoever had votes for D'Angelo, Wade, Sabonis, Bagley, Luka Doncic, etc. on the All NBA Teams needs to have their abilities to vote be taken away. That is awful.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1197 » by iamworthy » Sat May 25, 2019 4:31 pm

Kemba walker baffles me. Third team all nba but couldn't make the playoffs in the east. He's eligible for the supermax and is widely respected as one of the better guards in the nba.
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,751

Post#1198 » by ROballer » Sat May 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Yeah, I pity the fool who will pay him over 40 mil a year when he's 33 years old. That's if he leaves Charlotte, which is unlikely now with the supermax. He has to leave 80 mil on the table. That's if Jordan really wants him there in the first place.
WIth the 8% raises per year he'll be at vaguely 50 mil in his final year, aged 34, if he gets his full max. That's brutal.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1199 » by Landsberger » Sat May 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Kilroy wrote:
AcecardZ wrote:

I think a lot of people forget how awful Lopez was for us 95% of his time here... He was virtually useless until the final few months of the season. Then he caught fire and looked OK...

And him shooting and hitting 3s is great but we don't need that as much as we need a defensive presence down low to help cover for the next biggest guy on the court's unwillingness to play D.

I'm fine with letting Lopez walk... Trading Zubac was a far dumber move.

Lopez is highly though of because he is shooting and making 3's. The rest of his game is not good at all. I have no problem letting him go and would be upset if we signed him for anything other than a vet min.

Trading Zu was OK with me if it bettered the team but it was one of the stupidest deals we've made in recent memory. Trading a very young guy who impacted on both ends for a 3 point shooting bit player. In the right situation I think Zu is a 12-15ppg and 10 guy with some defensive presence. That's not an easy thing to find these days at the 5
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1200 » by iamworthy » Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 pm

ROballer wrote:Yeah, I pity the fool who will pay him over 40 mil a year when he's 33 years old. That's if he leaves Charlotte, which is unlikely now with the supermax. He has to leave 80 mil on the table. That's if Jordan really wants him there in the first place.
WIth the 8% raises per year he'll be at vaguely 50 mil in his final year, aged 34, if he gets his full max. That's brutal.

I don't think MJ will offer him the supermax.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers